Wade and Bosh to Miami

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good signing but if they get LeBron too.....man.....that could be the best dang team anybody has seen in a long time.

Looks like it is a done deal for Lebron to Miami and Beasley will go to Toronto. They are guess they will have about 8 million to sign 9 players. Mark my works, this team will not be as good as everyone thinks. Too many egos, and not enough support. Wade and Bosh will both miss games with injuries and when it is LeBron and 4 scrubs, he will get frustrated. I am guessing they will be the 5th seed next year and be one and done.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There is no way Lebron goes to Miami unless he's an idiot. If he does, he can immediately be dropped from any discussion as being potentially one of the greatest in the game. Both Lebron and Wade need the ball in their hands. His numbers would drop significantly being teamed up with Wade in my opinion as he would get nowhere near the touches he does in Cleveland or what he would get in New York. Sure, he could get a couple rings, but he would never be mentioned in the same breath as MJ or Kobe. Say what you will about winning, but legacy means a lot to these guys. Barkley didn't get a ring, but he wouldn't have been the same player historically had he went to Chicago to play with Jordan.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
That team would be good, the NBA though would be pretty damn boring.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like it is a done deal for Lebron to Miami and Beasley will go to Toronto. They are guess they will have about 8 million to sign 9 players. Mark my works, this team will not be as good as everyone thinks. Too many egos, and not enough support. Wade and Bosh will both miss games with injuries and when it is LeBron and 4 scrubs, he will get frustrated. I am guessing they will be the 5th seed next year and be one and done.

I don't think it would be as much an issue as you think. It's not like is LeBron and Kobe. I don't think Wade or CB are selfish kind of players. Not to mention that I think Wade is at a stage in his career where I think he would defer to someone else if it meant getting a title.

I would put money on these guys not being 1 and done.

There is no way Lebron goes to Miami unless he's an idiot. If he does, he can immediately be dropped from any discussion as being potentially one of the greatest in the game. Both Lebron and Wade need the ball in their hands. His numbers would drop significantly being teamed up with Wade in my opinion as he would get nowhere near the touches he does in Cleveland or what he would get in New York. Sure, he could get a couple rings, but he would never be mentioned in the same breath as MJ or Kobe. Say what you will about winning, but legacy means a lot to these guys. Barkley didn't get a ring, but he wouldn't have been the same player historically had he went to Chicago to play with Jordan.

Just because a player goes to play with other great players doesn't mean he stops being great. If they score 100+ points per game, I am sure at least 2 of those guys will get 25+. There are plenty of points to be had in a game. I don't think their #'s drop as much as you think.

Also, legacy might be important but I bet getting a ring and calling yourself a champion is a higher priority. Why else would these guys want to play together? They want a ring or two.

Let's not forget that LeBron has along way to go before his career is over. This is not his last stop IMO.

Last edited:

Irish

Registered
Reaction score
I'm not totally convinced that LeBron will leave Cleveland and the extra $30 million they can offer. I think bringing in Byron Scott as a coach is suggestive.

I was surprised the Jazz lost Boozer. He was almost as big a deal in Utah as Amare was here AND he is signing for the amount Amare turned down over fewer years.

NBA.com gives the layoff stats:

Carlos Boozer
Utah
Position: Forward
Height: 6-9 Weight: 266
College: Duke
Player file | Team stats
2010 Playoffs Statistics PPG19.7 RPG13.2 APG3.0 SPG0.4 BPG0.7 FG%0.530 FT%0.543 3P%0.000 MPG40.2

Amar'e Stoudemire
Phoenix
Height: 6-10 Weight: 249
High School: Cypress Creek (FL)
Player file | Team stats
2010 Playoffs Statistics PPG22.2 RPG6.6 APG1.1 SPG0.7 BPG1.5 FG%0.519 FT%0.754 3P%0.000 MPG36.5

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not totally convinced that LeBron will leave Cleveland and the extra $30 million they can offer. I think bringing in Byron Scott as a coach is suggestive.

I was surprised the Jazz lost Boozer. He was almost as big a deal in Utah as Amare was here AND he is signing for the amount Amare turned down over fewer years.

NBA.com gives the layoff stats:

Carlos Boozer
Utah
Height: 6-9 Weight: 266
College: Duke
Player file | Team stats
2010 Playoffs Statistics PPG19.7 RPG13.2 APG3.0 SPG0.4 BPG0.7 FG%0.530 FT%0.543 3P%0.000 MPG40.2

Amar'e Stoudemire
Phoenix
Height: 6-10 Weight: 249
High School: Cypress Creek (FL)
Player file | Team stats
2010 Playoffs Statistics PPG22.2 RPG6.6 APG1.1 SPG0.7 BPG1.5 FG%0.519 FT%0.754 3P%0.000 MPG36.5

This is how I look at the two. They are a wash defensively, but the Bulls have Noah, so I am ok with that.

Amare is a play maker were Boozer gets the dirty points. Amare get that plus

They are a wash with their mid range jumper.

Amare is a better free throw shooting

Boozer is a beast on the boards, which will be fun to see Boozer and Noah together. Amare can rebound when he wants, which is not very often. Boozer get the plus.

Both have had injury issues, but IMHO Amare's are a bigger deal for a guy who relied on my explosive. Plus goes to Boozer

Boozer does not have to be the man in Chicago, where Amare would have wanted to . Plus to Boozer.

Boozer overall is a better fit for the Bulls and was cheaper allowing them to sit and hope that tomorrow will be their day. Too bad, since it will not be and Friday will be JJ Redick day.

PG Rose
SG Reddick
SF Deng
PF Boozer
C Noah

Bench
Gibson
Johnson
Omer Asik

cly2tw

Reaction score
This is how I look at the two. They are a wash defensively, but the Bulls have Noah, so I am ok with that.

Amare is a play maker were Boozer gets the dirty points. Amare get that plus

They are a wash with their mid range jumper.

Amare is a better free throw shooting

Boozer is a beast on the boards, which will be fun to see Boozer and Noah together. Amare can rebound when he wants, which is not very often. Boozer get the plus.

Both have had injury issues, but IMHO Amare's are a bigger deal for a guy who relied on my explosive. Plus goes to Boozer

Boozer does not have to be the man in Chicago, where Amare would have wanted to . Plus to Boozer.

Boozer overall is a better fit for the Bulls and was cheaper allowing them to sit and hope that tomorrow will be their day. Too bad, since it will not be and Friday will be JJ Redick day.

PG Rose
SG Reddick
SF Deng
PF Boozer
C Noah

Bench
Gibson
Johnson
Omer Asik

With all the comparisons, you missed one crucial point. Amare can be a difference maker, while Boozer not. So, Bulls won't be as good as Jazz for a while until Rose really becomes an all star. Also, I believe Boozer lost more games to injury than Amare over the same length of career.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Boozer is by far the worst defender of all big name Power Forwards. He gave up the most production to opponents last year. Considerably more than either Lee or Stoudemire.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With all the comparisons, you missed one crucial point. Amare can be a difference maker, while Boozer not. So, Bulls won't be as good as Jazz for a while until Rose really becomes an all star. Also, I believe Boozer lost more games to injury than Amare over the same length of career.

They both came into the league the same year and Amare has played in 516 games while Boozer 510.

I agree that right now Amare can be that, but for how long. How long will his knees hold up. Of course, the way Boozer plays, the same can be said for him. Boozer just feels like a better bit. Not a big Amare fan though.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score

You have got to be kidding. Sour Boozer Grapes, it would seem.

I agree with what your saying and even said as early as a week ago that his ego would never allow him to do this. But then I rethought about it and came to this conclusion.

He can go to Miami and sign a 3 year deal (which is what I bet is going to happen)- Win 2 to 3 chips with Wade and Bosh so he no longer has to worry about having his name not synonmous with rings and then......

Do what he really wants to do. Sign with his boy Jay-Z at 28, when Prokorohov and the Nets are in Brooklyn and run New York and build his legacy in his prime from there.

Makes complete sense right? In fact almost makes too much sense not too happen.

That team would be good, the NBA though would be pretty damn boring.

I dont know if I agree. How awesome is Phil, Kobe, Pau, and Ron Ron VS Riley, Wade, LBJ, and Wade going to be in the Finals next year. Too awesome and might get best ratings ever.

I'm a Suns fan for life but part of me is excited to go watch games on Biscayne next year with these three playing. Lebron coming to Miami would be unprecedented in sports.

tobiazz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Everyone here knows that I am not a Amare fan. How is that Sour Boozer Grapes?

He wrote "Sour Boozer Grapes" in response to you thinking MIA would not be good.

Didn't MIA get the title when it was pretty much Wade, Shaq, and a bunch of nobodies? I think they will be pretty damn good, but it's not a foregone conclusion. I've never heard of those three being lock down defenders and only one can shoot at a time. They would be automatically top-4 in the East. If they can surround the ********* with good defenders like BOS did, they will rock.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
He wrote "Sour Boozer Grapes" in response to you thinking MIA would not be good.

Ding ding ding!

I dont see anyway they are not a Top 2 seed. Even with guys like Mikki Moore, Udonis Haselm, Chalmers getting major PT and others they are STILL going to run through the East.

Wade and Lebron on the same team?? Bosh down low? Riley coaching? LMAO. Yeah the will win some games.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Didn't MIA get the title when it was pretty much Wade, Shaq, and a bunch of nobodies? I think they will be pretty damn good, but it's not a foregone conclusion. I've never heard of those three being lock down defenders and only one can shoot at a time. They would be automatically top-4 in the East. If they can surround the ********* with good defenders like BOS did, they will rock.

Ding ding ding!

I dont see anyway they are not a Top 2 seed. Even with guys like Mikki Moore, Udonis Haselm, Chalmers getting major PT and others they are STILL going to run through the East.

Wade and Lebron on the same team?? Bosh down low? Riley coaching? LMAO. Yeah the will win some games.

I guess we shall see

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
after all is said and done, if I were Bulls, I'd rather have Amare for 100m than Boozer for 80m. NYK beat both Bulls and Nets by courting and getting Amare while the latters fatally focused on LBJ.

Still think that?

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
You couldn't be more wrong. LeBron went to Miami and yet he's now seen as the top 2 player of all time and as the GOAT by some. If he can manage to win 2-3 more titles, he will be hands down the GOAT.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You couldn't be more wrong. LeBron went to Miami and yet he's now seen as the top 2 player of all time and as the GOAT by some. If he can manage to win 2-3 more titles, he will be hands down the GOAT.

I definitely missed the mark, but I don't think anyone could have predicted the decline of Wade and the shrinkage of Bosh. Although my commments were looking pretty darn good after Lebron disappeared vs the Mavs his first year with the Heat.

2-3 more titles puts James at 3 or 4 titles with at least two Finals losses. Jordan will still be considered the greatest until Lebron matches his six or at least puts up 3 in a row. Hell, he hasn't even won back to back yet.