Per ESPN
They actually have an interview with both Wade and Bosh on screen confirming

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Per ESPN
They actually have an interview with both Wade and Bosh on screen confirming

I watched the interview and thought it raised some questions. Wade even said something that seemed like this deal may not be carved in stone. In response to Wilbon's question about where he'll be playing, Wade answered "I'm back in Miami, as of now - for now, I'm back in Wade County". That doesn't sound all that committed to me. It will probably happen but it looks like he's keeping the door open for something else.

My guess is Wade wanted to go to Chicago with Bosh getting an S&T to the Bulls also. But Toronto probably wants Noah or at least something the Bulls don't want to give away so Chicago declined to pursue it thinking they had the upper hand with these guys. I wouldn't be surprised to discover this is all posturing to get Chicago and Toronto motivated.

Steve

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I watched the interview and thought it raised some questions. Wade even said something that seemed like this deal may not be carved in stone. In response to Wilbon's question about where he'll be playing, Wade answered "I'm back in Miami, as of now - for now, I'm back in Wade County". That doesn't sound all that committed to me. It will probably happen but it looks like he's keeping the door open for something else.

My guess is Wade wanted to go to Chicago with Bosh getting an S&T to the Bulls also. But Toronto probably wants Noah or at least something the Bulls don't want to give away so Chicago declined to pursue it thinking they had the upper hand with these guys. I wouldn't be surprised to discover this is all posturing to get Chicago and Toronto motivated.

Steve

he said that because they temporarily changed dade county to wade county. deal is 100% done.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
he said that because they temporarily changed dade county to wade county. deal is 100% done.

Aah, that makes sense. However, no deal is 100% at this point is it? I thought nothing could actually be done until the 8th.

Steve

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Aah, that makes sense. However, no deal is 100% at this point is it? I thought nothing could actually be done until the 8th.

Steve

That's the signing period but a max player has never backed out of a deal that they agreed on as far as I can remember. The only players at all I can recall changing their mind are Salmons and Hedo.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
That's the signing period but a max player has never backed out of a deal that they agreed on as far as I can remember. The only players at all I can recall changing their mind are Salmons and Hedo.

Didn't boozer screw over Cleveland back in the day in this way?

SunsFanVegas

Registered
Reaction score
And Jared Dudley is reporting LBJ to NYK via twitter.

If this ends up being true....Chicago sure got the short end in this whole mess. I never really thought the Nets had a shot...but Chicago was a real possibility.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know how but ESPN is reporting that the Heat are trying to still convince LeBron to come sign in Miami with Wade and CB.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

No. Boozer had a team option on his contract that was for a very low amount. He supposedly had an under the table agreement(which I believe to be true) with the Cavs that they would not pick up his option and they would give him the full MLE(which is all they could offer) giving him about 6x what he would have earned under his previous contract.

They didn't pick up his option and he bolted to the Jazz for a contract worth more than twice anything the Cavs could offer. In retrospect they should have picked up the final year and acquired his Bird rights but they thought they could lock him up cheap.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I don't know how but ESPN is reporting that the Heat are trying to still convince LeBron to come sign in Miami with Wade and CB.

Only way possible is if the players take a pay cut(unlikely) or they convince someone to take Beasley for cap or part of a S&T.

SactownSunsFan

Welcome to the Age of Ayton
Reaction score

I believe Cleveland had a team option for one more year on his rookie deal. Boozer convinced the team to relinquish their rights so he could resign with the team for the mid-level exception... then he turned around and stabbed them in the back by signing with Utah.

Irish

Registered
Reaction score
I believe Cleveland had a team option for one more year on his rookie deal. Boozer convinced the team to relinquish their rights so he could resign with the team for the mid-level exception... then he turned around and stabbed them in the back by signing with Utah.

Samuel Goldwin said, "An oral contract is not worth the paper is is written on." :p

Irish

Registered
Reaction score

Samuel Goldwin said, "An oral contract is not worth the paper it is written on."

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Probably already been said but Boozer is reportedly going to Chicago.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
LOL on that Chicago Dynasty thread. What a epic epic example of counting your chickens before they are hatched. I think I said as much in that thread. :mulli:

Now to put myself out on a limb.

I have heard from Dan Lebetard and 2 independent sources Lebron to MIA is a done deal. Apparently he has already put down on a house in Coral Gables.

If you know anything about Lebetard its that he makes fun of reporters quoting anonymous sources and running with stories. Needless to say this isn't something he typically does. He said he is checking into it further but his source has never misled him before, and he is the type of dude to never speculate on stuff like this. This was said on his radio show so not link, other then going to 790 the ticket and listening to todays show.

The buzz in MIA is he is coming here too.

Keep in mind I could care less about the Heat so there is no bias involved.

Guess we will see but it looks like a team for the ages is being built here in South Beach. If Pat Riley pulls this off, he truly becomes the best coach/GM ever. My guess is it would be a three year deal so he can opt out and run this whole game gain in three years. In the mean time he'll pick up 2 or 3 titles.

cly2tw

Reaction score
if true, NYK may be really lucky to get a lot with nothing, while Chicago and NJ got completely screwed up. Oh, I forgot that Lee and Boozer are still out there. :roll:

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if true, NYK may be really lucky to get a lot with nothing, while Chicago and NJ got completely screwed up. Oh, I forgot that Lee and Boozer are still out there. :roll:

I am really bummed out about this, but now the way I look at it, it that the core of players that put up a good fight last year is coming back. They also just added a PF that is pretty darn good and an upgrade over Taj Gibson. They will be better than last year and if Lebron leaves Cleveland for Miami or NY, they have a shot to compete for the Central with the Bucks.

Last edited:

cly2tw

Reaction score
I am really bummed out about this, but now that way I look at it, it that the core of players that but up a good fight last year is coming back. They also just added a PF that is pretty darn good and an upgrade over Taj Gibson. They will be better than last year and if Lebron leaves Cleveland for Miami or NY, they have a shot to compete for the Central with the Bucks.

That's great positive thinking!:D If Boozer stays healthy, Bulls would be a factor in the east.

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think the Michael Jordan legacy worked against Chicago. I don't see any other reason why one of the big three would not want to go there. It is a major market ripe with young talent but nobody who would threaten for the alpha dog spot on the team. It is already positioned much more advantageously for a title run than the other FA destinations.

Last edited:

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think the Michael Jordan legacy worked against Chicago. I don't see any other reason why one of the big three would not want to go there. It is a major market ripe with young talent but nobody who would threaten for the alpha dog spot on the team. It is already positioned much more advantageously for a title run than the other FA destinations.

I'm not sure it's Jordan's legacy more than it is what happened to the Jordan Bulls after the 6th championship. If they don't get LeBron they would have struck out on every marquee FA since that team was dismantled. Wade even questioned the Bulls loyalty openly when the off-season began.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure it's Jordan's legacy more than it is what happened to the Jordan Bulls after the 6th championship. If they don't get LeBron they would have struck out on every marquee FA since that team was dismantled. Wade even questioned the Bulls loyalty openly when the off-season began.

What is funny about that is the public perception is so different than reality. Jordan made $30 million the year before and the Bulls paid his basketball salary while he played baseball. He decided to retire with a $30 offer on the table for one more year. Once he said he did not want to come back because of the lock out, not the Bulls, the Bulls then decided to blow it up. Pippen came back as a player and worked for the team for a bit. A ton of ex players work for the team. Jordan even said if not for the lock out, he most likely would have came back.

As for why he never had a part with the team afterward is because he always wanted to own part of the team and that would never happen.

John Paxson, Bill Cartwright, Randy Brown, Bill Wennington, Stacey King, Pete Myers and B.J. Armstrong are some of the former players who have been employed by the Bulls in roles with the front office, coaching or broadcasting.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/...-chicago20100527_1_bulls-wade-jerry-reinsdorf

Check that article out.

Franchise giant Bob Love even called from his hospital bed.

"I haven't walked in almost three weeks," Love told the Tribune. "I've been really down. I suffered an acute case of gout that I almost caught too late. I kept hurting and didn't know what it was and I was treating it with the wrong medication.

"Jerry Reinsdorf, (marketing vice president) Steve Schanwald and (legal vice president) Irwin Mandel searched around and found doctors for me. They said don't worry about the costs. Just get me up here walking. (Friday) I'm supposed to be able to get out of bed for the first time in weeks."

cly2tw

Reaction score
What is funny about that is the public perception is so different than reality. Jordan made $30 million the year before and the Bulls paid his basketball salary while he played baseball. He decided to retire with a $30 offer on the table for one more year. Once he said he did not want to come back because of the lock out, not the Bulls, the Bulls then decided to blow it up. Pippen came back as a player and worked for the team for a bit. A ton of ex players work for the team. Jordan even said if not for the lock out, he most likely would have came back.

As for why he never had a part with the team afterward is because he always wanted to own part of the team and that would never happen.

John Paxson, Bill Cartwright, Randy Brown, Bill Wennington, Stacey King, Pete Myers and B.J. Armstrong are some of the former players who have been employed by the Bulls in roles with the front office, coaching or broadcasting.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/...-chicago20100527_1_bulls-wade-jerry-reinsdorf

Check that article out.

after all is said and done, if I were Bulls, I'd rather have Amare for 100m than Boozer for 80m. NYK beat both Bulls and Nets by courting and getting Amare while the latters fatally focused on LBJ.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good signing but if they get LeBron too.....man.....that could be the best dang team anybody has seen in a long time.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson