Vikings Sign Byron Murphy

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The fact that the Cardinals are the only team that does this is a black eye, my guy. Just admit it sucks to look cheap. A billionaire nickel and diming millionaires.

You could probably find a bunch of things that every team does uniquely if you look hard enough. I'm not necessarily convinced the Cards are the only team either. They were just the only team where a player mentioned it on the report.

Either way it's trivial. But it's a good thing for people to latch onto.

Far, far more important was that players said the food wasn't great.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just curious...do we know for a fact the Cards are the only team, or are they only team players felt compelled to include in their list of complaints? Meaning, could their be other teams that do similar, but nobody has complained because everything else is pretty good?

Yes it could mean that. The report even says "apparently".

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Out of probably a couple of thousand universities worldwide, so for a public school, UT is outstanding.

I loath the longhorn sports programs with every ounce of my being (they are the Evil Empire to OU's courageous rebel fighters, and I would cheer for the minions of hell before I cheered for the longhorns), but UT is an excellent academic institution. Not the Ivy League, but probably only a step below.

Any university in the top 100 is excellent. We have 5 up here. The US has the most by far.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My take on the food issue.

The average salary in the NFL is $2 million and the average time spend in the NFL us 3 years. So, currently, the average player will earn about $6 million or about $3 million take home. We also know that the top 25% of player inflate these numbers, so most players won't even see this. Some guys make less than some of us.

These guys are modern day gladiators and many won't see their 50th birthdays because of the abuse they put thier bodies through.

They do this for their families and to entertain us. There is no way an owner should nickle and dime these guys.

Could you imagine how annoyed this guy would be to see meals deducted form his checks? This is an UFA who has bounced around on PSs for years and this is might be a reason top UDAs don't consider us too.

You must be registered for see images attach

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
For the record only one person complained before the report so it’s not like we m’ve heard players constantly griping or trying to embarrass the organization publicly about the facilities. I’m not chalking this up to spoiled/entitled athletes as much as Bidwill and those around him just not keeping up with the Joneses. The competitors are lapping us in a lot of aspects of running a competitive organization. I think it’s more embarrassingly unaware than cheap, but probably both.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
My take on the food issue.

The average salary in the NFL is $2 million and the average time spend in the NFL us 3 years. So, currently, the average player will earn about $6 million or about $3 million take home. We also know that the top 25% of player inflate these numbers, so most players won't even see this. Some guys make less than some of us.

These guys are modern day gladiators and many won't see their 50th birthdays because of the abuse they put thier bodies through.

They do this for their families and to entertain us. There is no way an owner should nickle and dime these guys.

Could you imagine how annoyed this guy would be to see meals deducted form his checks? This is an UFA who has bounced around on PSs for years and this is might be a reason top UDAs don't consider us too.

You must be registered for see images attach
$1.7M in 5 years? Pretty sure the dude can still afford meals.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love how most are saying “meals” as though the players are having to fork out for their own food all year long. It was literally only meals that were taken or consumed during the OFF SEASON when working out INSIDE the training facility BY CHOICE.

It has somehow morphed into Cardinal players have to pay for all of their own meals the way people talk and talk about it in tweets.

Granted it’s still cheap considering how few meals that even likely amounts to. But come on people.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I love how most are saying “meals” as though the players are having to fork out for their own food all year long. It was literally only meals that were taken or consumed during the OFF SEASON when working out INSIDE the training facility BY CHOICE.

It has somehow morphed into Cardinal players have to pay for all of their own meals the way people talk and talk about it in tweets.

Granted it’s still cheap considering how few meals that even likely amounts to. But come on people.
This is the Way.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah and he took home about $1 million after all that over 5 years while putting him body on the line, shortening his life span and having to live out of a suitcase. Because he's only been on the PS for a majority of that time, he's not vested and hasn't earned his pension or post playing insurance. Not every player is a millionaire. And again, this is all for your entertainment.
Some of you are brutal.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

You mean by choice to better themselves to make the team better? Like those voluntary mandatory off eason workouts?

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah and he took home about $1 million after all that over 5 years while putting him body on the line, shortening his life span and having to live out of a suitcase. Because he's only been on the PS for a majority of that time, he's not vested and hasn't earned his pension or post playing insurance. Not every player is a millionaire. And again, this is all for your entertainment.
Some of you are brutal.
Ehhh I spent 24 years doing a job where I put my body on the line everyday. Where the average person dies 20 years earlier than the rest of society. It would take me over 15+ years to “bring home” a million bucks. I certainly didn’t do the job for the free meals. Nor call the restaurants that wouldnt give us one cheap. :) (I know the restaurant thing is a fake equivalent)

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You mean by choice to better themselves to make the team better? Like those voluntary mandatory off eason workouts?
I mean the number of meals were talking here is extremely small amount and limited. Lol

These guys play a childhood game that’s very fun for them in most cases and get payed extremely well. They also are fully aware of the risk involved. I don’t feel sorry for them. Especially because a few in the Cardinal Org had to fork over a few bucks for some very limited meals over the years.

Last edited:

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ehhh I spent 24 years doing a job where I put my body on the line everyday. Where the average person dies 20 years earlier than the rest of society. It would take me over 15+ years to “bring home” a million bucks. I certainly didn’t do the job for the free meals. Nor call the restaurants that wouldnt give us one cheap. :) (I know the restaurant thing is a fake equivalent)
Yes and you deserve the same, 10000%. Same as teachers.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
Some of you are brutal.
It's his choice to put his body on the line, and he's still getting paid pretty decent for what he does. There are plenty of professions that require you to sacrifice your body for a fraction of the pay.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still by choice… and I’m betting the VW sessions where “all” players and coaches show up the meals are covered.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's his choice to put his body on the line, and he's still getting paid pretty decent for what he does. There are plenty of professions that require you to sacrifice your body for a fraction of the pay.
It's not a choice for most of them. They do this for their families knowing the risk.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess he could get him a "regular" 40 hour a week job that pays around $30 or 40 grand a year? Like some of the rest of us (me) :D
And that's where players like my example went up, but very broeken.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This page is just so disappointing, but it’s expected knowing the audience.
Why because unlike you we don’t feel that these guys should automatically just have a life paved in gold at every turn? Lol…. They are payed and rewarded handsomely for what they do. No question not even arguable. Should we be feeling sorry for them?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose