Vikings @ Cardinals postgame thread

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
The secret ingredient: SourPatch Kids.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I laughed with my dad about whatever he was eating, and how blase it was... but I could have never eaten sour patch kids during my failed football career. I couldn't even drink Gatorade. Too syrupy.

All water for me!

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Did we only have three penalties against us? The two false starts in our opening drive (compulsory) and roughing the kicker later?

There was a holding call on Green on the play where Moore lost the ball and was almost considered a fumble.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Watch that again and notice how much more decisively and faster budda moves to the ball than all the other defenders. His diagnosis of the play and where theilen is headed is unreal.
it makes you appreciate how good he is

watching on tv -- would you just assume he came from 8 yards back off screen and made a tackle

nope: he ran like 25 yards from the opposite hash

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I said something like this yesterday. It's not ALL about the Cardinals. The Vikings have good players too. Cook will put up monster stats this year if he stays healthy.
The Seahawks will have their hands full as long as the Vikings stick with the run. The Cardinals failures against the run in the 1st half had more to do with our scheme than our players. Just pisses me off that we needed a halftime session in order to make changes. WTF was Vance looking at the whole 1st half????

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I wouldn't say he's a liability...The Vikings can run those cutback plays from passing formations. It really keeps pass rushing defenses on their toes, or heels as we saw yesterday. The easiest way to take a good defender out of the game is to run right at him AND double team him. Yesterday was more about scheme and matchups...and credit Vance the defense...they did much better after halftime with good adustments.
Agree, but why do we have to wait until halftime to make adjustment? What is Vance doing the whole 1st half? If not for having an equally dynamic offense, we could have been down 3 touchdowns at the half. Vance has to be able to make adjustments after the 1st or 2nd series.

Last edited:

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I laughed with my dad about whatever he was eating, and how blase it was... but I could have never eaten sour patch kids during my failed football career. I couldn't even drink Gatorade. Too syrupy.

All water for me!
I’m so damn old, that our coaches told us not to drink much water or we’d cramp up. We got oranges at halftime & I would devour them.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Why did it take so long to make adjustments?? The technology of today allows them to make immediate adjustment. After the 2nd series, Vance should have been able to decipher what they were doing to us.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Why did it take so long to make adjustments?? The technology of today allows them to make immediate adjustment. After the 2nd series, Vance should have been able to decipher what they were doing to us.

I really don't know.

I think if you could break it down into 10 minute chunks it got better as the first half went on so I think they did make some changes but most came at the half.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
it makes you appreciate how good he is

watching on tv -- would you just assume he came from 8 yards back off screen and made a tackle

nope: he ran like 25 yards from the opposite hash
And outran like 8 teammates that were closer to the play in doing so!

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I really don't know.

I think if you could break it down into 10 minute chunks it got better as the first half went on so I think they did make some changes but most came at the half.
I agree...I think if you even took it by Quarter, you'd probably see a big improvement in the 2nd vs the 1st.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Watch that again and notice how much more decisively and faster budda moves to the ball than all the other defenders. His diagnosis of the play and where theilen is headed is unreal.
I expected more from the cerebral hicks to read the play abd react, late despite being closer

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I expected more from the cerebral hicks to read the play abd react, late despite being closer
Lol. You don’t get it. Feel free to throw that word around derisively with a complete lack of understanding why it was used. It just looks silly.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lol. You don’t get it. Feel free to throw that word around derisively with a complete lack of understanding why it was used. It just looks silly.
#Cerebral" in football doesn't mean you are a member of Mensa; it's about understanding and reacting to cues and clues.#

#Exactly. Being able to read the defense and make the calls so the rest of the D knows where to line up and what their responsibilities, then diagnose and react. Washington was dynamic but he was no kuechly, or singletary, or urlacher, or bowman. Those guys has both physical and mental prowess.#

These posts from u and another user

in the vikings game i didn't see anything like that, we were lucky to have the safety making some saving touchdowns tackle

Even if he knows the responsibilities and diagnosis of the plays, is unathletic lb and slow to react, which is confirmed by the budda play with the tackle on Thielen

He is a liability, shouldn't play so many snaps

Last edited:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
#Cerebral" in football doesn't mean you are a member of Mensa; it's about understanding and reacting to cues and clues.#

#Exactly. Being able to read the defense and make the calls so the rest of the D knows where to line up and what their responsibilities, then diagnose and react. Washington was dynamic but he was no kuechly, or singletary, or urlacher, or bowman. Those guys has both physical and mental prowess.#

These posts from u and another user

in the vikings game i didn't see anything like that, we were lucky to have the safety making some saving touchdowns tackle

Even if he knows the responsibilities and diagnosis of the plays, is unathletic lb and slow to react, which is confirmed by the budda play with the tackle on Thielen

He is a liability, shouldn't play so many snaps
The travesty that we would watch with a green signal caller who calls the wrong defense regularly would have you screaming for Joseph’s head. I guarantee you that Joseph would rather play the physically superior player if he thought that was the superior option at present.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose