Vikings at Cardinals gameday thread 9-19-2021

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
I guess KK doesn't know what it means to run the clock down before we give 'em the ball back.
1st - Have Murray run out of bounds.
2nd - call a pass play and get sacked
3rd - hey, let's pass again before we punt.

I saw the worst coaches decisions at later part of 4th quarters this weekend than I ever had. Starting with college coaches not being able to do math and going for 2 when getting 1 point would prove more beneficial. And like KK, totally inept at running time off when your're ahead. Some of the college coaches I watched last night were an embarrassment to coaches.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think it's a coincidence that the two teams combined for 67 points on my 67th birthday. I can't wait for my 110th birthday, I love high scoring games.

Deserve or not, I'll take the win.

Happy birthday Steve!

Minski

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
We got away with that one. Let that be a wake up call for the whole team. To play badly in parts and still win is the showing of a good team though… still don’t get Hicks, can only remember 2 decent plays he made and I can remember 3 good plays Collins made in his limited snaps

The6

All Star
Reaction score
Hopefully Murray learns from this. Better execution needed down the stretch. Otherwise know as rising in the moment. That was separates good from greatness

HomerPimpson

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
No team can go 0-2. This was a desperate Viking team and we played badly and still won. That's the summary.

Kyler is elite. Better than Lamar by far, no question in my mind. He threw from so many angles today. Falling backward, sideways. 400 yards passing. Rondale Moore with 10O yards receiving.

Life is good.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
We got the win.
We scored more points than the other team by the time the clock hit 0:00.

I think we did “deserve” that win.
There’s no such thing as a “undeserving” win.

Lol at "deserve" in the NFL. We deserved to win the SB in 08. Dream seasons are made from these type of "wins".
:)
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Not totally. Cards did put up points
I’d venture to guess that the odds greatly favored us losing in that situation. We didn’t stop them when necessary, they messed up. I don’t consider that earned as much as a gift. Yes we had to be in position to benefit from the gift, but we didn’t so much win due to our effort.

HammerCards

Veteran
Reaction score
I guess KK doesn't know what it means to run the clock down before we give 'em the ball back.
1st - Have Murray run out of bounds.
2nd - call a pass play and get sacked
3rd - hey, let's pass again before we punt.

I saw the worst coaches decisions at later part of 4th quarters this weekend than I ever had. Starting with college coaches not being able to do math and going for 2 when getting 1 point would prove more beneficial. And like KK, totally inept at running time off when your're ahead. Some of the college coaches I watched last night were an embarrassment to coaches.
Kk made Kyler run out of bounds?

kk blocked?

forced em to use timeout.

KK getting way too much slack for me. Kyler, for as great as he was at points, was reason they were in the game.

HomerPimpson

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Also, look at the patience with Kyler taking sacks, throwing the ball away. On defense, although bad, staying patient and sticking with it. That's championship coaching. Say whatever you want but it is. It's easy to get carried away and go crazy. That's discipline. Lucky to win, but the coaching was good. Not the D coaching, but KK overall, the entire team was super patient imo and I think that's hard to coach.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
<shrug>

Rams had a tough time with the Colts today and they looked like worldbeaters last week. It happens.
I can’t comment on that game bc I didn’t see it. All I can say is we had multiple chances to slam the door both offensively and defensively and didn’t do it and had to depend on their error. Thankfully we got it and a w. But walking away from this game with confidence? Only if you’re blind or new to football.

OP
OP
BullheadCardFan

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’d venture to guess that the odds greatly favored us losing in that situation. We didn’t stop them when necessary, they messed up. I don’t consider that earned as much as a gift. Yes we had to be in position to benefit from the gift, but we didn’t so much win due to our effort.
This

They gave us the game

We didn't win it

OP
OP
BullheadCardFan

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also, look at the patience with Kyler taking sacks, throwing the ball away. On defense, although bad, staying patient and sticking with it. That's championship coaching. Say whatever you want but it is. It's easy to get carried away and go crazy. That's discipline. Lucky to win, but the coaching was good. Not the D coaching, but KK overall, the entire team was super patient imo and I think that's hard to coach.
What game were you watching?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
We got the win.
We scored more points than the other team by the time the clock hit 0:00.

I think we did “deserve” that win.
There’s no such thing as a “undeserving” win.
We played just a point better than the other team, so in that sense we deserve it. But we didn’t go and take the w at the end. We had to count on them giving it to us, so it doesn’t feel as “deserved.” Does that make sense?

eastcoastDave

Veteran
Reaction score
Don’t think you would be saying this if Cardinals lost. Just my opinion.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson