Very curious to see how Pitt plays Sunday night

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Pitt comes into this game is a very similar situation as we did for the Monday night game against SF. Playing a division rival at home, starting serveral backups (incl QB) due to injury. How many think Pitt will embarass themselves in front of the home crowd on National TV the way we did?

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Pitt comes into this game is a very similar situation as we did for the Monday night game against SF. Playing a division rival at home, starting serveral backups (incl QB) due to injury. How many think Pitt will embarass themselves in front of the home crowd on National TV the way we did?

Won't happen. Even with a backup QB Pittsburgh's offense isn't near as pasthetic as ours. Especially when you consider that many people consider our backup QB to be better than our starter. 29 sacks in just 4 games. 7 yards rushing in a game. Defense gets 4 turnovers in one game and the Cards have to go to overtime to get over 21 points. 28 games since the offense has produced 28 points or more and 37 of the last 41 under 28 points. (2008-2009 the Cards offense produced 28 points or more 19 times in 38 games!)

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
That QB is 10-5 in his last 5 starts. Not too shabby.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
To be fair, San Francisco was way, way healthier than the Baltimore team that will be playing across from Pittsburgh. I picked the Ravens in my pool this week, but that's mostly because I have no idea how that horrid Steelers offensive line is going to be able to protect Leftwich and the 3.2 seconds it takes between when he decides to throw and when he releases the ball.

OP
OP
B

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Point is, I hate Pitt as much as anybody, but I have a feeling Tomlin will still have them ready to play. Listening to Sirius NFL radio,the hosts had the same opinion (that on paper Baltimore should win this game big but Pitt would still represent well). I just think the circumstances between us on that Monday night and Pitt this Sunday are very similar. Whiz and our coaching staff does not give me the same feeling of confidence each week that he will have the team ready to play. A team shouldn't lay an egg at home in a Monday nighter against a divisional opponent (no excuses). It's a pride thing.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Point is, I hate Pitt as much as anybody, but I have a feeling Tomlin will still have them ready to play. Listening to Sirius NFL radio,the hosts had the same opinion (that on paper Baltimore should win this game big but Pitt would still represent well). I just think the circumstances between us on that Monday night and Pitt this Sunday are very similar. Whiz and our coaching staff does not give me the same feeling of confidence each week that he will have the team ready to play. A team shouldn't lay an egg at home in a Monday nighter against a divisional opponent (no excuses). It's a pride thing.

I do know one thing. There will be some serious hitting going on in the Steeltown Sunday night.

I still wish the Cards would pattern their team after the Ravens. We just don't have the QB to match the Steelers but, and then I may be too optimistic, I think one of our two guys could perform as well as Flacco. Now if Horton could just get his D to quit worrying about fines and hit people......

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson