Vegas Thinks Cardinals Don’t Make Playoffs

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Currently there is a prop for each team to make or miss the playoffs. Currently it is -230 for the cardinals to miss the playoffs and +190 for them to make the playoffs. This would mean you would have to wager $230 to win $100 if you are betting on them to miss the playoffs.

Haven’t seen any O/U for win totals yet but with those odds my guess would be 7.5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I don't really expect them to either. I'm anticipating 3rd or 4th in the division. Not even trying to be my typical darksider self of the past few years, it's just that our division is really really good and our schedule looks tough.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Without a big improvement in coaching and play calling (on both sides of the ball) the acquisitions we've made won't make a difference. I can see why they wouldn't put much faith in us getting any better.

They know the coaching issues and lack of leadership that's why they added veteran players and leaders
Watt
Green
Butler
Hudson

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
A bit better than last year which means last in our division, crap...

The upcoming team will need to prove not to be as soft as last year’s

Kyler getting through the year without a performance killing injury, no confidence that will happen

Vegas always does their homework well

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I think most reasonable fans are feeling the exact same way.

Probably 35 to 45% chance IMO.

I would be more inclined to bet on Kliff's firing before the end of the season personally.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
We’re in the toughest division in the NFL! I’m thinking 8-8 with the extra game going either way.
I think we go 8-9 or 7-10 personally.

And that it will be a truly frustrating campaign (like the last one) that ends with Kliff and Keim being fired when it all ends.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
the 49ers with a new qb are ready to compete, same can be said about the Rams with the new Hall of fame qb
Seattle with just few picks in the draft and their concerns regarding offensive line and defensive backs are also ahead of us

The other yards are always so much greener

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They know the coaching issues and lack of leadership that's why they added veteran players and leaders
Watt
Green
Butler
Hudson

Green is the veteran leader... who people here hope quit on his team so they can rationalize signing damaged goods?

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

i suppose the team can improve, and still not make the playoffs -- but an unbiased look at the offseason so far by PFF says the Cards are better while the Seahawks and 49ers are slightly worse, with LA running in place. Further, look at all the NFC teams in the "worse" part of that graph.

i dont get the doom and gloom. Im not saying Superbowl or the like -- but why cant this team make the playoffs?

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Green is the veteran leader... who people here hope quit on his team so they can rationalize signing damaged goods?

I don't say it's right just noting what they did, adding leadership, it's mean they werent satisfied last year

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

i suppose the team can improve, and still not make the playoffs -- but an unbiased look at the offseason so far by PFF says the Cards are better while the Seahawks and 49ers are slightly worse, with LA running in place. Further, look at all the NFC teams in the "worse" part of that graph.

i dont get the doom and gloom. Im not saying Superbowl or the like -- but why cant this team make the playoffs?
I know it may surprise some on this board to see me type this, but I think they can make the playoffs. It will take the right mix of facts, but none are seemingly impossible:

remain healthy

bounce back years from geriatrics

kliff improves as coach

murray takes step forward

chase proves he can handle lead back duties

contributions from rookies and more from our sophomores

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
I know it may surprise some on this board to see me type this, but I think they can make the playoffs. It will take the right mix of facts, but none are seemingly impossible:

remain healthy

kliff improves as coach

Or we just score more points than the other team lol

football karma

Reaction score

remain "average" healthy

kliff improves as coach

Bolded part probably swamps the rest all put together

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score

There's just too many ifs and maybes for me, sorta like Ouchie started listing. There's only a handful of guys on this roster that don't have me saying "if they improve at X we'll be good." Age, injuries, bounce back years, incomplete resumes... that's the rub. We're counting on so many to be something they were not as recently as last year, in some cases (Green), in two years.

And then there's coaching, which isn't competent and needs to become competent. Kliff has never proven to be a winning guy.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score

remain healthy

kliff improves as coach

Add VJ improving

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I think the Cards have the personnel, if they add a good RB, but severely lack in the coaching end of things.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Too soon to tell. Free agency not over and draft still to come. Agree with Zeem, wait till training camp is over to place any bets.

football karma

Reaction score
There's only a handful of guys on this roster that don't have me saying "if they improve at X we'll be good." Age, injuries, bounce back years, incomplete resumes... that's the rub.

in fairness: you are describing 25 (or more) NFL teams here

name the team, and i will give you the realistic "where it goes right" and "where it goes to hell"

its why the NFL has worst to firsts and a 30% annual playoff team turnover

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
If no running game, then no wins. Will be lucky to go 8-9, and luckier to go 9-8 in our division. But historically speaking, that will be exciting and better than most years past. Afterall, we are the Cardinals!

forever red

Rookie
Reaction score
They have the talent to make the playoffs. The question is whether KK knows what to do with that talent particularly in crunch time when the game is on the line. If his play calling , clock management and judgment calls aren't any better than last year we are looking at 8-9. If they are better we should get to 10-7 and get in.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They have the talent to make the playoffs. The question is whether KK knows what to do with that talent particularly in crunch time when the game is on the line. If his play calling , clock management and judgment calls aren't any better than last year we are looking at 8-9. If they are better we should get to 10-7 and get in.

His playcalling in clutch moments shows he is not used to win games

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson