Vance Joseph - likely head coach (?)

SteveKeimFan

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
As if his commentating skills had anything to do with the specialized nature of the communication between coach and QB.
Yes it does my son it shows he fails at communicating his knowledge to others.

Its not the same on Madden so I agree with you there.

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I doubt any new GM with any common sense coming in & promoting Vance to HC.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
If they promote Vance Joseph to HC, man, talk about failing upward.

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
What say you?

VJ can be had for cheap dollar wise and can pair with Adrian Wilson (half GM) and Harris (half other GM) as Vance away from Cardinals is just a defensive backs coach in the league without any prospects.

This way Bidwill can have two half GMs (two is better than one right? ) and one head coach who is more likely to accept of the great Bidwill culture.
I know it’s not a popular opinion on these boards, but I’m not totally against this. It’s not a bold move by any means and it absolutely will not energize the fans. However, I’d be okay with these guys for a year or two. Perhaps they have the skill sets to succeed in the hyper-competitive NFL. And VJ, when interviewed, certainly sounds much more like a HC than Coach Bro ever did. Rip into me as you see fit.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know it’s not a popular opinion on these boards, but I’m not totally against this. It’s not a bold move by any means and it absolutely will not energize the fans. However, I’d be okay with these guys for a year or two. Perhaps they have the skill sets to succeed in the hyper-competitive NFL. And VJ, when interviewed, certainly sounds much more like a HC than Coach Bro ever did. Rip into me as you see fit.
No

Jasper

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If VJ's defense was average instead of mediocre Kliff might not have been fired.

Interview:
MB: What makes you think you should be the head coach?
VJ: "My defense was ranked 31st of out 32 teams in the NFL for points scored against."
MB: "OooKaay, any other accomplishments?"
VJ: "I was 11-21 as the Broncos head coach"
MB: "OooKaay, any other considerations I should be looking for?"
VJ: " My staff is assembled and Billy Davis will be my DC."
MB: "......"
VJ: "I'm cheap and inexpensive."
MB: "Your hired! Yo Adrian and Quentin, get the head coach office cleaned out!"

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I firmly think that any discussion about Vance Joseph being a head coach candidate is planted by Mike Bidwill to adhere to the Rooney Rule in full. The team is still under scrutiny from a pending lawsuit that Steve Wilks has joined with Brian Flores, and internally considering candidates like VJ will help to soften that blow.

Honestly, I think Mikey B is one of the more progressive owners in the league, but he's also smart enough to lay the groundwork here, when we really want a Payton or Harbaugh kind of hire.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
i think the Cardinals are in a position where they have to publicly include Vance in the search for a number of reasons:

1. It is the right thing to do for an employee that is well regarded -- and its good for his future employment prospects as a DC when "he was considered for the HC job"

2. Mike is on the NFLs DEI committee. He has to not only meet Rooney rule -- he has to crush it

3. The ongoing Flores / Wilks suit

so I take all talk of Vance getting the HC job with a grain of salt

forever red

Rookie
Reaction score
Sure let's make VJ our next head coach. An abysmal failure in Denver and the architect of one of the worst defenses in the NFL over the past three years. Let's make him the HC so the ineptitude on both sides of the ball continues. I am an original STH since 88 but if he's the new HC I am OUT!

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Absolutely NOT! VJ has always sounded like a solid option. Why the hell do we want to waste any more time with losing coaches???? I’m getting too damn old for that crap. VJ is an average at best DC & was an AWFUL HC. Move on from VJ & please don’t bring up his name again.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose