USC @ Arizona State

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well here we go. USC's chance to get back on track and get some revenge against ASU. Sark has a really poor record in playing against ASU dating back to Washington. ASU's chance to show that they are a contender and not a pretender. They will need a big step up from the last couple of weeks. USC has some very explosive players, several running backs all averaging over 7 yards per carry. And Kessler is playing at a very high level. This will be a real test for ASU's D.

It will be good to see ASU playing against a non-triple option offense. I am hoping we can put some pressure on Kessler and generate some losses. This should be a great game. Here's my biased homer prediction:

ASU 31
USC 27

And if you haven't heard Tim White's story, its pretty amazing what he has overcome, check it out: http://www.azcentral.com/longform/s...es-struggles-to-chase-dreams-at-asu/72731878/

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Side note to the game, there will be at least 7 high profile recruits at the game including a 5-star. The flip side to it is even if ASU wins it doesn't guarantee these kids landing here. USC beat out ASU for a bunch of recruits last year despite our exciting last second victory in their house. Another interesting note, none of the visitors this weekend are in state recruits.

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sure hope the hyped up Devils show up for this one!

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
I just can't see how the Devils win this game. Unless Graham and Norvell have been intentionally trying to stink it up thus far, this team is who it is... a middle of the pack at best team.

I can easily see USC putting up over 50 points in this game. They want revenge from last years' debacle. They are 100x more talented and Kessler is en fuego, completing 78% of his passes so far this season.
We can't run the ball, which means Berc will be pounded in this game.

My heart is all for the Devils, but realistically, I see the final score looking something like:

USC - 52
ASU - 24

And in all honesty, I don't believe the game will nearly as close as that score suggests... :sad:

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I just can't see how the Devils win this game. Unless Graham and Norvell have been intentionally trying to stink it up thus far, this team is who it is... a middle of the pack at best team.

I can easily see USC putting up over 50 points in this game. They want revenge from last years' debacle. They are 100x more talented and Kessler is en fuego, completing 78% of his passes so far this season.

My heart is all for the Devils, but realistically, I see the final score looking something like:

USC - 52
ASU - 24

And in all honesty, I don't believe the game will nearly as close as that score suggests... :sad:

According to Bercovici they have been saving their big plays for this game, we'll see. I think USC's defense will allow ASU to keep it close but unless our offense can get it going it could be a long night.

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

USC - 52
ASU - 24

Only thing is, USC isn't really showing they are a dominating team so far this year either

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Only thing is, USC isn't really showing they are a dominating team so far this year either

They won 55-6 and 59-9 in their two warm-ups. They lost to Stanford but still put up 31 points.
Conversely, ASU has crapped the bed in each game they've played in thus far.

This game can easily become a laugher... hopefully not, but I believe the chances are very high that USC comes into Tempe and embarrasses ASU...

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They won 55-6 and 59-9 in their two warm-ups. They lost to Stanford but still put up 31 points.
Conversely, ASU has crapped the bed in each game they've played in thus far.

This game can easily become a laugher... hopefully not, but I believe the chances are very high that USC comes into Tempe and embarrasses ASU...

True. ASU hasn't done much to prove they are ready, but let's hope they show us all a new team

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hopefully we see ASU celebrating like this on Saturday!

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited by a moderator:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's Saturday night in Tempe. Crazy things happen.

Let's do it Sun Devils!

OP
OP
Z

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
End of the first quarter, only down 7 with USC driving.

Impressed with ASU's run defense, holding SC to 26 yards so far. But boy, what an explosive passing game, very tough to defend.

ASU looking good running the ball, can't believe Kohl dropped that easy one.

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
I cant believe Graham said this is the best team he's had here at ASU. I havent seen a ASU team this bad. They might get shut out tonight.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Good god! #38 is slow as hell. He is getting burned and taking horrible angles.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
14-0 and ASU's defense is in retreat mode. This could get ugly quick. ASU's offense not able to sustain long drives to keep Kessler and the rest of that offense off the field...

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
21-0 with 3mins left in 2nd quarter... Our defense is gassed and literally can't tackle. Longino, Simone and others look horrendous.

OP
OP
Z

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Too many missed opportunities for ASU, 2 missed field goals, 1 fumble near the red zone, this game should be a lot closer. Looks like the D is getting worn out. USC has some superb athletes, very impressive.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Missed tackles everywhere. What happened to this team from last year? Reminds me of the Erickson era with the lack of fundamentals.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
I can't believe how Graham totally removes himself from the game when the Devils are on offense... So strange. Never seen a head coach completely disregard one side of the ball the way Graham disses the offense!