UPDATED: S Tre Boston signs with Cards

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Stop it we still suck we still need 7 other guys that are FA to even come close to field a team that could possibly win 5 games. Sarcasm, this would be a very good signing IMO hope it happens

We need to tank the next three season to get number one overall draft picks and then we'll be set just like the Brown's have been. :sarcasm::grabs::moon:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sounds like a good signing, but question from someone who isn't familiar with Tre... why is he still hanging out there and hasn't been snapped up yet? Injury?

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sounds like a good signing, but question from someone who isn't familiar with Tra... why is he still hanging out there and hasn't been snapped up yet? Injury?

I’m guessing same as Kenny Vaccaro... ASKING PRICE???

one good year and he had probably over priced himself..

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
sounds like a good signing, but question from someone who isn't familiar with Tre... why is he still hanging out there and hasn't been snapped up yet? Injury?
Check out my post above, with Bleacher Report article. Boston plays best as a true FS in coverage and needs to be in the right defensive scheme, to be successful. He's not a run support option for a Safety... strictly a coverage Safety.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Check out my post above, with Bleacher Report article. Boston plays best as a true FS in coverage and needs to be in the right defensive scheme, to be successful. He's not a run support option for a Safety... strictly a coverage Safety.

Poor in tackling ? .................................................................................................. #BP

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Poor in tackling ? .................................................................................................. #BP
I think he just lacks the instincts to play near LOS...maybe reading holes and shedding/missing blockers. He's a pure pass defender.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The safety market is wacky/depressed this year for some reason. There are at least 3 quality safeties sitting out there that haven't signed. Last year our own TJ gets a great deal and Swearinger made some decent coin and this year...……….crickets.

Good news for us because we truly need a pure cover safety so Tre fits a big need.

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The safety market is wacky/depressed this year for some reason. There are at least 3 quality safeties sitting out there that haven't signed. Last year our own TJ gets a great deal and Swearinger made some decent coin and this year...……….crickets.

Good news for us because we truly need a pure cover safety so Tre fits a big need.

Tyvonne Branch was playing Good last year, haven't heard his name once

Kerry Rhodes had a great season and didn't even get a contract again, but he had pics snuggled up with another dude leak, is what happened

Last edited:

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe that Carolina played cover-3 the majority of the time last year.

OK I found this on PFF so take it for what it's worth:

According to PFF:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/ne...examining-the-nfls-coverage-scheme-tendencies

You must be registered for see images attach

While no team ran more than 50.0 percent of their snaps in man coverage, many teams were far more zone-happy than that. The Carolina Panthers led the way, with almost eighty percent (79.9) of their snaps coming in zone coverage of some variety or other. They ran just 12.3 percent of their snaps in man coverage, and lined up in Cover-3 alone 237 times over the course of the year.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Tyvonne Branch was playing God last year, haven't heard his name once

Kerry Rhodes had a great season and didn't even get a contract again, but he had pics snuggled up with another dude leak, is what happened

Tyvon is rehabbing and working out. He says the Cards have been in touch.

He was good last season, but I wouldn't say "God" like.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alaskabustergreen