UPDATE: Watson Suspended 11 games and fined $5M

Status
Not open for further replies.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He effectively already missed a whole season. It wasn't official but he couldn't be traded or play until this was resolved so the result is the same.

I don't any ban coming down the line.

Certainly possible.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bruh...Adam Schefter gas lighting.lol

If you mean the he knew this was how it was going to go one he actually tweeted after that his first tweet was misleading. he's not saying Watson IS innocent, it's entirely possible to be guilty and not get charged, he was just saying that's why the Watson legal team took the approach they did, they believed it would be hard to bring charges against him.

So he's not saying I told you he didn't do anything he's saying the Watson legal team was correct in their approach to the criminal case.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you mean the he knew this was how it was going to go one he actually tweeted after that his first tweet was misleading. he's not saying Watson IS innocent, it's entirely possible to be guilty and not get charged, he was just saying that's why the Watson legal team took the approach they did, they believed it would be hard to bring charges against him.

So he's not saying I told you he didn't do anything he's saying the Watson legal team was correct in their approach to the criminal case.
Yeah, Shefty came off as a jerk in that tweet. No I didn't read his first tweet.:)

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

He apologized. He didn't have too but he did.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The whole case is still so strange to me. Daily Beast reported in January that Watson's legal team offered Solis 100K as a "peace deal" and that as part of it she had to remain completely silent and that Watson would continue to deny any and all allegations, but Solis did NOT in any way have to deny her claims. Solis rejected the claim because there were 22 civil complaints and she didn't want to weaken the case of the other 21 women. It was widely reported that Solis' lawyer asked for 100K from Watson and were turned down because he was innocent, but nobody knew they had offered her the same amount later on. The reason was October is just days before the trade deadline and Miami wanted to deal for him and he wanted to go there, but Miami insisted they needed resolution on the civil cases.

So Watson's team offered Solis the money assuming she would take it, since she'd asked earlier, and they'd then be able to offer the other 21 women similar money for similar deals. That's 2.2 million dollars if they all got 100K. The plan didn't go anywhere because the other 21 women showed absolutely no interest in the offer and as I said Solis rejected it because she didn't want to weaken the others cases by making it look like she just took the money to go away.

He certainly wouldn't be the first innocent person to offer money to resolve something but it was just odd to me that they did that especially the way they did, apparently he was just so eager to get traded and play in Miami that they agreed to make that offer which again for all of them was going to add up to 2.2 million.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Well, before 'it's all said and done' there's Watson's No-Trade Clause to deal with. He'll decide where he's going and judging from his remarks coming out of Court it will be with the assistance of his Lord and Saviour J-C.

Last edited:

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Playoff potential may help him decide.
Seattle is gutting their team and is in a strong division with multiple super bowl contenders.

Carolina is shopping their best offensive player but half their division is dead.

If I were him I might pick the Panthers...if Tampa whiffs on a quarterback Watson will own that division

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Playoff potential may help him decide.
Seattle is gutting their team and is in a strong division with multiple super bowl contenders.

Carolina is shopping their best offensive player but half their division is dead.

If I were him I might pick the Panthers...if Tampa whiffs on a quarterback Watson will own that division
The NFC South is going to be bad. Like... REALLY bad. Carolina looks like the best of that bunch if Watson goes there.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
CBS sports.com list the potential landing spots for Deshaun Watson as Buccaneers, Eagles, Panthers, Seahawks.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
99% sure its the Panthers.

I don't want it to be the Seahawks but why else would Pete Carroll stay around for a complete rebuild?

The Bucs and Saints would love to have him but I don't see it.

Eagles? Eh.

Sorry Stout - these are all NFC teams.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Saints and Panthers have made their offer to the Texans for Watson. The next step is to meet with Deshaun Watson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard