UPDATE: OL Justin Pugh signs with Cards

Hypothesis

Draft Junkie
Reaction score
Could Boehm be that guy? It could few up some dollars if Shipley was cut right?
I think he could. This staff is not going to be as loyal to Shipley as BA was. I think Boehm will get a legitimate chance to compete for the position.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
No. He had chances to step up and sucked.

This, because we cannot depend on something which has yet to be shown. Same case as thinking Brandon Williams or Bethel could get the job done. If Boehm rises up to the challenge, great... but if not, we have some security :)

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Boehm is our back up guard/center/fullback

In other terms he offers versatily, which is very important in a sport plagued by injuries

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think just because one coach did not play him, that doesn't necessarily mean he is not good or can't play for a different coach. And just because you say he "sucked" doesn't necessarily mean that he did.
He played at guard and he was a liability
But he is a center used in another position, the previous regime liked to put players where they were less comfortable

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Hell we've seen more of Munyer at center than we have Boehm. He actually looked pretty good, but it was against 2s and 3s. I get the feeling that'll turn out to be the one hole in his game. He won't be able to handle the physicality against some of the 1s in the league.

NMCard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Shipley always had a way to allow the d-line to get a couple of yards into the backfield prior to rb taking a handoff. Not much push from him.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The beauty of arm chair commenting is always in Vogue

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The beauty of arm chair commenting is always in Vogue

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk
Um, we're fans. This is what fans do. I mean, you've never heard of the Hot Stove League when it comes to baseball? Or talking around the water cooler? Well, a message board is the same thing but on an international scale.

OP
OP
az jam

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well, if he goes to visit the Colts most likely we will lose him. They have more salary cap to spend.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He won't be back lol

GiantCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Pugh played poorly at RT, that's why he was moved to guard. He's an ordinary player, often injured. NY, with a lousy OL, had no interest in retaining him and nobody has swooped in after 4 days to grab him. I have no interest in the Cards signing him, especially to the kind of contract he's going to want.

OP
OP
az jam

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
BA & Keim would usually take the offer off the table if the player doesn't accept it and leaves to visit another team.

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Let him walk. Indy is even worse at evaluating OL talent than the Cards have been; just because they are showing interest doesn't somehow make him a desirable signing. And good point that the Giants, who are desperately in need of competent bodies, are letting him walk.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson