Ua @ Asu

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ajcardfan said:
You saw it the way I saw it. And, that is traveling.

But, I really don't want to argue it. Rebounding and free throws were far more damaging to ASU in determining the outcome.

That was a walk but it's a walk that goes uncalled a lot. He clearly dragged the back foot after taking the hop step into the lane, you can't do that but it's not called very consistently. It was such a difficult shot you gotta give him credit.

Congrats to UA on the conference title.

I'm just thrilled UCLA seems to be playing their best ball at the right time, but realistically UA and UW are the only Pac10 teams with a chance to do much in the tourney.

NickelBack

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
AZ Republic's Recount of the final play -

In the battle, they tipped it out. Salim Stoudamire wound up with the ball. Olson, who surpassed Wooden with his 305th Pac-10 victory, called timeout with 20 seconds left, but there were no secrets. Stoudamire would get the shot.

He faced Braxton, who smiled and appeared to yell at Stoudamire. The Wildcats, who will play California Thursday, had cleared a side of the floor for Stoudamire to go one-on-one. With Braxton's nose almost planted between Stoudamire's eyes, the Arizona guard dribbled, stepped back and hit a 14-footer with less than second left. On the video board, the replay showed that Stoudamire, who finished with 22 points, took an extra step. But the officials didn't call traveling and Braxton didn't complain.

"He made a terrific play," Braxton said.

Braxton said he didn't look the replay. He didn't have to. The traveling call might have been made in the first half, but not in the closing seconds of a dramatic finish.

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/sports/articles/0306asuua0306.html