TWolves to offer Bledsoe max contract

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ESPN is now reporting that Bledsoe has been offered 4 years 63 million dollars in a side and trade offer to the Suns. So sounds like at the offer part is legit. However, the way our local radio is telling it, the Suns have no interest in what the Timberwolves have to offer. Also, agree with the above zero chance they include Wiggins because they want him to play along side Bledsoe.

They were reporting that yesterday too but I don't think anything has changed. They don't have the room to sign him. They would have to give us bad contracts in order to do it and it's no surprise they'd rather pay Bledsoe all that money than give it to the wrecks they have on their roster. It's even less plausible than the Knicks offer for Love a few months ago.

Steve

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They were reporting that yesterday too but I don't think anything has changed. They don't have the room to sign him. They would have to give us bad contracts in order to do it and it's no surprise they'd rather pay Bledsoe all that money than give it to the wrecks they have on their roster. It's even less plausible than the Knicks offer for Love a few months ago.

Steve

I want a first round pick and protection taken off their pick next year in addition to expiring deals. if they can't offer that, we're not taking their trash simply because they weren't smart enough to keep enough cap room to sign who they want.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
I want a first round pick and protection taken off their pick next year in addition to expiring deals. if they can't offer that, we're not taking their trash simply because they weren't smart enough to keep enough cap room to sign who they want.

This... at minimum!

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
ESPN is now reporting that Bledsoe has been offered 4 years 63 million dollars in a side and trade offer to the Suns. So sounds like at the offer part is legit. However, the way our local radio is telling it, the Suns have no interest in what the Timberwolves have to offer. Also, agree with the above zero chance they include Wiggins because they want him to play along side Bledsoe.

The TWolves are willing to pay Bledsoe the max if the Suns are willing to subsidize most of it by taking back bad contracts.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

This. It's the only way I would consider taking on any of their garbage. They are simply hoping the Suns are willing to get something versus let him walk after he signs the qualifying offer. The Suns better not do this without picks and removal of the protection at the least. I will be pissed. It's just not worth taking on a bunch of garbage contracts in exchange for Bledsoe.

I would rather they let him walk after the qualifying offer.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agreed. Dieng must be included in any deal with the Wolves. Protection must be removed from their first-round pick as well. Everything else needs to be expiring contracts.

I like bledsoe's potential a lot, but where things currently stand, I'd make that deal in a heartbeat at this point.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score

How can it be legit when a sign and trade involves two parties and one party isn't interested?

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
How can it be legit when a sign and trade involves two parties and one party isn't interested?

They obviously made the offer to Bledsoe's agent. "Hey Rich, we'll pay your guy max if you can get the Suns to do a sign-and-trade with us."

"Sweet! I'll get on the horn with them now."

Ryan McDonough: "You're kidding, right?" click

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Not sure what you don't understand. Instead of it just being rumor..the OFFER is legit. Not that there is a legit deal. Two different things.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
They obviously made the offer to Bledsoe's agent. "Hey Rich, we'll pay your guy max if you can get the Suns to do a sign-and-trade with us."

"Sweet! I'll get on the horn with them now."

Ryan McDonough: "You're kidding, right?" click

Yeah, I guess. I still wouldn't call it legit when it's one-sided.

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Instead of it just being rumor..the OFFER is legit. Not that there is a legit deal. Two different things.
The "offer" may be legit, but that's a rather meaningless fact, because the T-Wolves are offering something they cannot give. It is not really a contract offer at all, but merely a trade proposal.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dear Lord. Nobody is debating that the deal is crap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dear Lord. Nobody is debating that the deal is crap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah and the other side of this discussion isn't questioning it either. It's just that it's not a real deal. They are denying it and we (Gambo and Coro at least) are denying it. The suggestion has been made and I believe it to be true that this is nothing more than a mirage crafted by Bledsoe's team of agents. I don't think there is a team in the league that wouldn't answer "yes" to the question "would you give Bledsoe a max contract if you could trade all your bad contracts for him". I doubt this is anything more than that.

Steve

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Is there ANYWAY a reasonable could be worked out without Wiggins in it? I know the Suns like Lavine. But that would be three rookies on the roster. I would do three rookies if one of them is Wiggins.

Would Bledsoe, TJ, and the Lakers pick get Wiggins?

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is there ANYWAY a reasonable could be worked out without Wiggins in it? I know the Suns like Lavine. But that would be three rookies on the roster. I would do three rookies if one of them is Wiggins.

Seriously? I have no idea if Minny would make that pick but would you make it if you were running Phoenix? I certainly wouldn't. But I'd probably take the gamble and do Bledsoe straight up for Wiggins even though there is a good chance that Bledsoe will always be the better player of the two. There's no denying Wiggins potential but there were a lot of warning signs this season. Signs that suggest he's more Rudy Gay than Lebron, I'd pay close attention to those warning signs if I was looking to make a deal with the Wolves.

Steve

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

I don't think the Suns should/would offer this but I don't think Minnesota would trade Wiggins even if the Suns offered Bledsoe, Dragic, Plumlee and all the 1st round picks we have while taking on all their bad contracts + Wiggins.

That's how much they love him in Minnesota.

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
I think this "offer" has been out there for a while. It was leaked in a last ditch attempt to try and force the Suns hand and increase the perceived value of Bledsoe.
If the Wolves had anything they were willing to trade for Bledsoe that the Suns wanted it would be done already.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think this "offer" has been out there for a while. It was leaked in a last ditch attempt to try and force the Suns hand and increase the perceived value of Bledsoe.
If the Wolves had anything they were willing to trade for Bledsoe that the Suns wanted it would be done already.

I agree, the deal has been out there for sometime. I'm surprised some other teams have not stepped up publicly and said, if you take our bad contracts, we'll sign Bledsoe for the max. Maybe they have more class or realize it is a stunt.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I would rather lose Bledsoe for nothing than trade him for Minnesota's trash.

I realize Wiggins is untouchable but Dieng and Lavine have to be included to get Bledsoe.

Lavine, Dieng, protection off the T-Wolves pick that we own for Bledsoe and last year's #5 pick Len.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would rather lose Bledsoe for nothing than trade him for Minnesota's trash.

I realize Wiggins is untouchable but Dieng and Lavine have to be included to get Bledsoe.

Lavine, Dieng, protection off the T-Wolves pick that we own for Bledsoe and last year's #5 pick Len.

So have you given up on Len after one season? That trade does not get me excited.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Seriously? I have no idea if Minny would make that pick but would you make it if you were running Phoenix? I certainly wouldn't. But I'd probably take the gamble and do Bledsoe straight up for Wiggins even though there is a good chance that Bledsoe will always be the better player of the two. There's no denying Wiggins potential but there were a lot of warning signs this season. Signs that suggest he's more Rudy Gay than Lebron, I'd pay close attention to those warning signs if I was looking to make a deal with the Wolves.

Steve

Not sure I would do it either. I was just speculating on what it might take. I guess we are to a point where we have enough young talent to develop and the potential for a young player like Warren is not significantly less than a player like Wiggins.

In the end, trying to get value out of Bledsoe might be counter productive. The most valuable thing might be to let him play for the QO offer and take your chances at the end of the year. If he plays at superstar level, we can offer him more than anyone else. He could still leave, but he would likely take a home max offer. He gets the money and the rep. If he plays poorly, or gets injured, we dodged a bullet and can let him walk. If he plays at good, but not great level, he will likely move on.

One thing we learned from this little foray--EB>Rubio--so say the Suns mgmt, so say the Wolves mgmt. Wolves were willing to give up Rubio for EB (and probably think its a steal).

Last edited:

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
This latest buzz that the Suns will only trade Bledsoe for an All Star quality player is odd.

They're only offering him 4/48 which says, "You're a good player but not the elite type that demands max money." Then they constantly assert that he's an All Star talent whenever trade proposals come up.

You can't have it both ways.

KloD

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This latest buzz that the Suns will only trade Bledsoe for an All Star quality player is odd.

They're only offering him 4/48 which says, "You're a good player but not the elite type that demands max money." Then they constantly assert that he's an All Star talent whenever trade proposals come up.

You can't have it both ways.

Well, that's if you believe any of this crap being thrown on the wall, Every time there is a rumor concerning Bledsoe, it always traces back to his agents. Every time! There are few sports reporters anymore. Most all of them are just mouthpieces for agents/teams. It stinks of amateur tactics and unprofessionalism. I can't stand to read ESPN ect. reporting anymore than I can stand the ignorance of the posts under each article.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
So have you given up on Len after one season? That trade does not get me excited.

Not about giving up on Len, it's about making it more appealing for Minnesota.

I don't think the Cavs "gave up" on wiggins when they traded him for Love.

It's about making the trade fair or close to it.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort