TWolves to offer Bledsoe max contract

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
LaVine and Pekovic in a S&T sounds pretty good to me. No chance of getting Wiggins.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
According to this site: Spotrac Salary Cap Tracker, we are sitting at a little over 44m in salaries for the upcoming season. The minimum cap number is 56m. I'm no capologist, but we still need 12 million to get up to just the minimum. Interesting that it's the exact number that we have offered to Bledsoe.

That said, this obviously means we can take back more than what we send out--but there are a couple factors to figure in here:

1) We already have 14 players on guaranteed contracts, so if Bledsoe goes, we may have to look at packaging someone else with him, because if this happens, we quite possibly will get more than 1 physical asset in return.

2) The front office will look at how this affects us going forward, especially when trying to take into account a max or near-max contract for Dragic next summer.

3) Throw in the "negotiations" for Zoran, and even if this rumor is true, there is a lot of complications that need to be worked out.

Wish we knew who Jude LaCava's "sources" are. Does he have a good track record? Seeing as I'm no longer living in Arizona, I don't know. Some of these guys post "rumors" that are so vague that even if they didn't know anything, the wording makes them look like they are Nostradamus.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LaVine and Pekovic in a S&T sounds pretty good to me. No chance of getting Wiggins.

It sounds horrible to me and believe me, that's an understatement on my part. It would sound horrible to me if they were just giving us LaVine and Pek outright. I don't like the idea of paying 12 million a year(for the next 4 years) for a big man that can't defend his position. Sweetening the pot with a great athlete that has a highly questionable future in this league does nothing for me. I want to re-sign Eric. But if we're not going to re-sign him then just let him walk. Don't take on a bad contract. AFAIC, it would be just one more horrible decision in a long line of horrible decisions we've made in the pursuit of a big man.

Steve

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Also keep in mind that Pekovic has a large salary - 12m over the next 4 years. That's a huge contract.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Outside of Wiggins, what could the Wolves offer us that we could possibly want? We're loaded with everything they have.

The only thing of any interest is Pekovic, and he's always injured/expensive. At this point, I'd rather just pay Bledsoe the 4/63...he's the only player we have that has a chance of being a star (Dragic is also very good, but I doubt he'll continue to play at the level he did last year), and we have a team full of young guys to develop already.

No idea what the Wolves/Suns are thinking with this move.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Outside of Wiggins, what could the Wolves offer us that we could possibly want? We're loaded with everything they have.

The only thing of any interest is Pekovic, and he's always injured/expensive. At this point, I'd rather just pay Bledsoe the 4/63...he's the only player we have that has a chance of being a star (Dragic is also very good, but I doubt he'll continue to play at the level he did last year), and we have a team full of young guys to develop already.

No idea what the Wolves/Suns are thinking with this move.

I'd think the only other thing we might be interested in is Anthony Bennett and/or Thaddeus Young.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd think the only other thing we might be interested in is Anthony Bennett and/or Thaddeus Young.

I might do something like Young and 3 unprotected picks for Bledsoe and our 2015 pick.

Steve

Sunburn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I want Thaddeus Young, Zach Lavine, and the protection removed from the draft pick we own. But, I would also consider just paying Bledsoe 4 for 63. Essentially, it would be matching the Twolves offer. Bledsoe is the best player. I don't really want to lose Bledsoe.

Last edited:

FArting

Lopes Up!
Reaction score
Trade ain't going to happen

@APkrawczynski
The Timberwolves are focused on getting a deal done with Rubio right now and not on Bledsoe according to my sources

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How long do they have to wait before trading Young?

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Gambo is shooting it down. Reporting Minnesota is willing to offer Bledsoe a max... in exchange they will give the Suns a max-contract worth of crappy contracts.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is Gambo referring to Kevin Martin when he talks about bad contracts?

Martin or Pek, take your pick. Minnesota has apparently decided they no longer like bad contracts. Life would have been easier for Wolves fans if their management had made that decision a few years ago.

Steve.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bet you would. :rockon:

Actually I wasn't trying to be funny, I thought it was a reasonable offer. Young is a very flawed player so two first round picks (3 from them, 1 from us) sounded like the right amount of balance to make the deal palatable from both sides.

Steve

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cane across my phone thank god something is happening. I don't really care what we get back as long as we get another pick. I honestly just don't want Bleadsoe in our locker room this year.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Actually I wasn't trying to be funny, I thought it was a reasonable offer. Young is a very flawed player so two first round picks (3 from them, 1 from us) sounded like the right amount of balance to make the deal palatable from both sides.

Steve

Seems like at this point we have a ton of picks and young players to develop...not sure how valuable more picks will be at this point.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort