Truth Hurts...

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Yup can’t help but call out posters when they attack other posters. Guess my sense of what’s right is a character flaw.
But only see what you want to see, but when your bother is out of pocket you don’t say anything, Mr “Righteous Crusader”

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But only see what you want to see, but when your bother is out of pocket you don’t say anything, Mr “Righteous Crusader”

Man... you should start charging me rent because apparently I’m living rent free in your head and have been for over a decade.

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
So, Mike B and Keim have cobbled together a team that, for the initial stages of a season, can often be an exciting and fun team to watch. Relying heavily on the physical (not mental or intellectual) gifts of Murray, along with superior skills of several others: D-Hop, Kirk, Rondale, Conner, Edmonds on offense. And guys like Jones, Watt, Golden, Baker, Murphy, Hicks, Simmons on defense... The team is fully capable of winning 9 or 10 games a season, with virtually ALL of the W's coming in the first 3/4ths of the season.

But of course, quality teams that can be counted on to get into the post season more often than not, focus on the last 1/4th of the season. They are managed and led in ways that build momentum and build reliability in ways that translate to late-season, crunch-time W's.

So in many ways, from the GM, to the coaching and of course down to the players, the Cardinals are really nothing more than a collection of posers and imposters. Many so-called "experts," most notably Keyshawn, have known this from the jump. For Gambo and the rest of us fans, it was nasty-tasting medicine we refused to take. Yet, it was and remains the truth.

So yea, I have never been a fan of Kliffy since day one. And IMHO, he hasn't done one single thing to make me feel differently toward him. In fact, if anything, he has only cemented my misgivings and distrust in him. He is a pretty-boy, LuLuLemon wearing poser who has never won a thing anywhere as a coach. And I believe he remains entirely incapable of winning when it matters most at the highest level of the game. Though many give him the tag of being a "players coach," he is not a leader as anyone can lead when the games don't matter much. Real leaders of men are able to lift their troops to levels they never thought possible, particularly when the intensity and the stakes reach critical levels. Kliffy is none of that and so, while we can do what we fans love to do - dissecting each play and each player, the truth is that this team's shortcomings begin and end with the head coach. Period.

Aside from Kyler, I actually believe this team has enough talent to make it to the post season. But without a credible head coach, AND, without a truly viable leader at the QB position, it will take a ton of great luck and fortunate breaks for this team to play in a post-season game.
IMHO, Kyler is a major source of the problems with this team. In his 3rd season, facing a depleted 1-win team, he should've been more than capable of lifting his play to the level that would've produced a W yesterday. I don't care that our defense allowed an undrafted Practice Squad RB to go for over 100 yards... The reality is our offense was shut-out in the first half and was only able to score ONE touchdown. I don't have the words to describe how pitiful that is, yet it speaks volumes about our QB...

Unfortunately, the hurtful truth is that, as long as Kliffy and Kyler remain at the helm of this ship(sinking?), expectations will need to be throttled back. They may get us to the post season every now and then... but I would suspect it will always be a one & done scenario. Certainly, a Super Bowl appearance, let alone a Championship is as far out of reach as is the moon from earth...
This is the worst post I have ever read. 3 years on the job and we have improved each year. Saying Kyler isn’t a leader!?!? Dude never lost in HS and lost like 3 games in college. He is one of the best QBs to ever come out of Texas and his ability is off the charts. He will
Never be vanilla and some of his decisions we have to live with. But this is crazy jibberish and your opinion while it is your opinion it is so bad that teeters on
Insane. We have had injuries to 2 major players. Every team in the nfl has struggled! We are 1 game back for having the best record. Teams have lost to horrible teams and looked bad doing it. Tampa just lost 9-0 to a team who had lost 4 of 5!!! The Bills scored 6 points on A dysfunctional Jaguars team that was going through major drama. Judge a season when it ends!!! People around here judge things before the result has actually occurred. Everyone here is so jump off the cliff when things go bad and OMG I need to run to the top of the mountain when things are good. The season is long!! Most teams that win the Super Bowl in last 15 years are flawed. Many. The Patriots were 18-0 and lost to a 9-7 wild card team. The Eagles used a marginal QB who was a backup and won it all. Let’s see what happens. Because I know for sure. Around here. If we lost in first round as a wild card. Fire everyone. If we make it to nfc championship game. Extensions for all. If we make it to super bowl and win it. The bandwagon I knew it all along will be bursting at the seams.

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
To add on. We have endured some of the worst seasons and most horrific losses of all time. I rather enjoy the moment at 10-4 because we have things to play for. And that right there is so much better than us thinking who we should draft next year. Our GM goes out and makes big splashes. We are relevant right now. And that right there is the best thing we can say about the Cardinals in a long time.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes we are all concerned at how we are playing… now. Eight weeks ago we were very, very good. I refused to believe we were playing that far over our heads and I refuse to believe we are as bad as we played Sunday.

Sports always has its up and downs. I bowl and I can throw a 180 and then come back with 225 and 215. Same bowler , same lanes.

With football 10 guys can do a great job but 1 guy blows his assignment and the play, the drive or the game is over.

I holding on to all hope we can turn this around Saturday and play like we did some weeks back.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Decade?? Don’t flatter yourself

Uh... you’re the one who brought up Suns.net. That was over a decade ago. So, you’re the one who flattered me in the first place. Kinda ratted on yourself there, Friendo.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Uh... you’re the one who brought up Suns.net. That was over a decade ago. So, you’re the one who flattered me in the first place. Kinda ratted on yourself there, Friendo.
I brought up suns.net to let u know that calling me a bandwagoner was completely FALSE. I don’t even know u for that long but I have been lurking and saw your demeanor hasn’t changed since u started posting here.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I’ve called out cheese in the past. You may not want to admit. But I have. He has a tendency not to generally question someone’s fandom. Particularly if they’ve been posting on the site for a long time. If he called you out sorry about that on his behalf. But we are two different people. I’m not his keeper. He’s an adult.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I’ve called out cheese in the past. You may not want to admit. But I have. He has a tendency not to generally question someone’s fandom. Particularly if they’ve been posting on the site for a long time. If he called you out sorry about that on his behalf. But we are two different people. I’m not his keeper. He’s an adult.
Uh-oh cheese. Maybe watch your back.

OP
OP
82CardsGrad

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Truth hurts… Kliff & Kyler are officially akin to a fast-growing, yet undetected form of cancer. They are destroying this team from deep within. It’s not one or the other. It’s both. Both are fully inadequate to take this team to higher levels of success.
It’s the truth. And it hurts big time…

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Truth hurts… Kliff & Kyler are officially akin to a fast-growing, yet undetected form of cancer. They are destroying this team from deep within. It’s not one or the other. It’s both. Both are fully inadequate to take this team to higher levels of success.
It’s the truth. And it hurts big time…
I have one hope. It's a slim one, but it's a hope. If Bidwill wakes up and does 2 things, we have a chance to save KM's career. #1, he has to clean house. That's a given. #2 is to hire a real freaking GM and not his drinking buddy. This GM's directive will be very simple, yet also difficult. Hire a coach that can get to KM and not coddle him. The guy has to be able to hold his attention yet grill him when he's being lazy or thinking improperly about the game. The GM will also have to assemble a, you know, proper roster.

Otherwise, KM will be a really good almost-was. So, no pressure or anything.

OP
OP
82CardsGrad

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
All of this because they lost a game yesterday. The season isn't over and this is all speculation and BS until it is.
Still speculation and BS?

Kliffy should never be allowed on a NFL sideline, and Kyler should be traded, or, allow him to do what he really wants…which is leave to go play baseball.
This franchise is so screwed it’s laughable.

OP
OP
82CardsGrad

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Watching the games this weekend, I can't understand how anyone could look at the competing teams (with the possible exceptions being the Titans and Bucs), and think the Cards are even in the same universe as the Chiefs, Bills, Bengals, Rams, Packers and 9ers...

I won't go into an exhaustive comparison, other than to say that at the two most critical positions...that being the Head Coach and QB, the Cards are literally light-years away from these teams. It's sad... and yes, the Truth cuts like a knife... it hurts bad!

There isn't enough alcohol on earth that could get me to envision a team led by Kliff, with Kyler at QB, that could've possibly competed at the level of Mahomes, Allen, Burrow, Stafford, or even Jimmy G. Let alone the teams themselves fighting & battling at levels of brutality and grit the Cards haven't shown since their 2008/2009 run to the Super Bowl...

I'll say it again... with Kliff and Kyler, this franchise will win it's fair share of regular season games. Maybe make a post season here or there. But they will be a laughable 1 & done playoff team whenever they do make the post season. They'll certainly never be a legit post season threat.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Watching the games this weekend, I can't understand how anyone could look at the competing teams (with the possible exceptions being the Titans and Bucs), and think the Cards are even in the same universe as the Chiefs, Bills, Bengals, Rams, Packers and 9ers...

I won't go into an exhaustive comparison, other than to say that at the two most critical positions...that being the Head Coach and QB, the Cards are literally light-years away from these teams. It's sad... and yes, the Truth cuts like a knife... it hurts bad!

There isn't enough alcohol on earth that could get me to envision a team led by Kliff, with Kyler at QB, that could've possibly competed at the level of Mahomes, Allen, Burrow, Stafford, or even Jimmy G. Let alone the teams themselves fighting & battling at levels of brutality and grit the Cards haven't shown since their 2008/2009 run to the Super Bowl...

I'll say it again... with Kliff and Kyler, this franchise will win it's fair share of regular season games. Maybe make a post season here or there. But they will be a laughable 1 & done playoff team whenever they do make the post season. They'll certainly never be a legit post season threat.
Other than beating SF twice, LA once, the Titans you mean.

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Yeah, Kyler has talent, but he just seems lazy and disinterested at times and combine the fact his leadership has been questioned, I am starting to lose faith in him being a true franchise elevating QB. Next year is a critical year for KM.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

the most glaring thing to me watching all those games is how RESILIENT teams were in the games. The Cardinals were great front-runners this year, but if they got punched in the mouth early, they would generally curl up in the fetal position or just have zero poise whatsoever trying to stand toe to toe with teams in a back and forth game.

OP
OP
82CardsGrad

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
the most glaring thing to me watching all those games is how RESILIENT teams were in the games. The Cardinals were great front-runners this year, but if they got punched in the mouth early, they would generally curl up in the fetal position or just have zero poise whatsoever trying to stand toe to toe with teams in a back and forth game.
Yup... The word "identity" gets tossed around a lot in professional sports. I think we saw the identity of teams all weekend long. Resilience is an identity. Owning the line of scrimmage is an identity. Being able to stop the run... Being able to get to the QB (Sack, Hit, Hurry)... Being able to convert 3rd downs in pressure situations... Being able to run the ball when the other team KNOWS you're going to run the ball... All are identities of teams that win the in the post season. And the brutal truth is that the Cards possess none of these. Like, they aren't even close to being associated with any of these.

The identity of the Cards is one that no team would ever want. Soft. Poorly coached. No grit. No guts. No football IQ. And yes, no resilience...

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup... The word "identity" gets tossed around a lot in professional sports. I think we saw the identity of teams all weekend long. Resilience is an identity. Owning the line of scrimmage is an identity. Being able to stop the run... Being able to get to the QB (Sack, Hit, Hurry)... Being able to convert 3rd downs in pressure situations... Being able to run the ball when the other team KNOWS you're going to run the ball... All are identities of teams that win the in the post season. And the brutal truth is that the Cards possess none of these. Like, they aren't even close to being associated with any of these.

The identity of the Cards is one that no team would ever want. Soft. Poorly coached. No grit. No guts. No football IQ. And yes, no resilience...
SOFT. That is absolutely the identity of this team. All the other things mentioned fall under that umbrella.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
SOFT. That is absolutely the identity of this team. All the other things mentioned fall under that umbrella.
Which is crazy considering early in the season you and I were commenting how physical therapy team finally looked. But I guess it’s easy to be physical when you’re on top and the bully. When other teams punched back the second half of the season, just like with most bullies, we shrank. That’s the worst kind of soft.

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Which is crazy considering early in the season you and I were commenting how physical therapy team finally looked. But I guess it’s easy to be physical when you’re on top and the bully. When other teams punched back the second half of the season, just like with most bullies, we shrank. That’s the worst kind of soft.
The question is, why did they get soft. Was it because of soft players, soft Coaching, getting soft because buying into the hype to much. Or did some players get less and less playtime ...

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose