True Detective (HBO)

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I think it tailed off the last two episodes, but I was riveted through the first three episodes and was pretty impressed throughout. Ultimately, I agree though. A really, really good show, but not the best I've ever seen.

I will say this, Rust was one of my favorite characters of all time. I enjoyed the show MUCH more for te relationship story between woody and Mconagehy then I did the "mystery".

:thumbup:

I think the big hole in the show was that they could have done much, much more with the story itself.

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
It was a pretty good season, seems like they tried to tie everything up to quickly at the end but like cheese said the friendship between the two was as good as the plot.

I thought I was watching that show LOST there for a minute, almost turned it off. Those special effects had no place in that scene.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
GREAT show. Loved it.

Still though, it's not The Wire.

I enjoyed it much like I enjoy Hannibal, Justified, Americans, etc.... Great world building. Great cinematography. Awesome main charachters. A bit up and down from a tension and story standpoint.

I will still go back and watch the last 15 minutes of episdoe 4 over and over. That tracking shot was amazing.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
GREAT show. Loved it.

Still though, it's not The Wire.

I enjoyed it much like I enjoy Hannibal, Justified, Americans, etc.... Great world building. Great cinematography. Awesome main charachters. A bit up and down from a tension and story standpoint.

I will still go back and watch the last 15 minutes of episdoe 4 over and over. That tracking shot was amazing.

:thumbup:

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Rewatching this before I get into season 4 (I know it is an anthology and it doesn't connect but... whatever).

Season 1 is the greatest one off show I've ever seen. Absolutely incredible. Even better when you understand the characters. The "slow burn" doesn't feel like a slow burn at all.

SpokaneCardfan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I enjoyed season 4 but it was not as good as season 1. I felt they tied it all up pretty well at the end.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard