Tropic Thunder

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well said Gad. I never once felt I was watching a comedy that was going for shock laughs just for the hell of it.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What a great, great movie. RDJ and Cruise were scene stealing monsters up there.

There was just so much good stuff in here....I loved the scene where the BluRay/HD DVD battle was being discussed. You know how many people that resonated with? Not a lot, yet they left it in there...what a great decision.

I can't wait to watch this movie again. The wife and I were dying laughing. When the director got blown sky high, we died laughing. Half Squat stabbing Tugg when he was running was just great physical stuff.

"Who the crikey ef is Half Squat?"

RDJ...brilliant.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Agree Donald this movie is great I lved it, actually my wife bought it for me since we saw it twice at the theater she knew how much I liked it. I have seen it probably 5 times already, watch it again its just as funny and you catch things you missed. Maybe the best comedy of 08 IMO!

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I mean, even the DVD cast commentary is laugh-out loud funny as Downey stays in character throughout the entire thing while Ben and Jack Black are just themselves.

Holy crap, I was watching this on my ride home today from work and I think it might be funnier than the movie itself.

RDJ is freaking hilarious.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Holy crap, I was watching this on my ride home today from work and I think it might be funnier than the movie itself.

RDJ is freaking hilarious.

Props to Donald and cheese for tipping me off to this. It is flat out awesome.

BirdMan21

Ex-Ex-AP Hype Man
Reaction score
Props to Donald and cheese for tipping me off to this. It is flat out awesome.

Just finally started watching this....and every time I get ready to turn it off RDJ says something ridiculous and I start laughing and keep watching a little longer.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saw this tonight. I watched it with my aunt who literally could not understand the beginning 4 movie clips. She kept telling me to fast forward LOL! I tried numerous times to explain to her the premise of the movie, but to no avail. By the time the director dude got blown up, she got up and went to her room, disgusted. She could not understand why I kept laughing at parts (like the blown up hands scene).

Funny movie, I laughed out loud on several parts. I might have to watch it again to get the full effect, but overall not too shabby!

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
dcr & I watched this the other day. I laughed/giggled a lot through it, but overall thought it was overhyped. I should stop reading the movie threads before I see 'em.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am about ten minutes into it. Not my thing really. Will keep trying.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The cameo by Tom Cruise will go down as one of the funniest Cameos ever in a movie IMO. Totally unexpected. I thought this movie was really funny but I have not bought it on Blu Ray yet. Now that I read what some of you said about the commentary, I am going to have to buy this.

Last edited:

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The cameo by Tom Cruise will go down as one of the funniest Cameos ever in a move IMO. Totally unexpected. I thought this movie was really funny but I have not bought it on Blu Ray yet. Now that I read what some of you said about the commentary, I am going to have to buy this.

Tom Cruise should stick to cameos and supporting roles. He made Magnolia entertaining.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This was a horrible movie.. I pretty much predicted the whole thing, which takes all the fun out of movies.. I think I half way chuclkled twice.. Towards the end I was waiting for it to be over.. Horrible movie.. Craptastic..

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I saw this a few months back and absolutely agree that RDJ stole the show. He carried it in parts, although I thought the movie was still good. I think the problem for people who didn't like it was that they probably didn't understand it. It is one of those movies that you can watch over and over to pick up different nuisances that you missed the first time around.

SunDevilDon

Registered
Reaction score
If you didn't like this movie, watch it again. I thought it was so-so the first time I watched it. It's been on HBO or Max and I've seen it several times now, but you have to pickup on all the small stuff and really pay attention to what RDJ is saying.

This girl at work transferred to San Antonio a few weeks back. She called me for help and I was like, "have you met any Sauceir's?" She LHFAO!!!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard