Training camp opens in Flagstaff October 1, 2019

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its really hard to believe. This team has real point guards!

It's a great situation compared to past seasons. I find myself mentally going through the list of all the Suns point guards.

And Jalen Lecque and Jared Harper were not even drafted. In past seasons they might be a part of the rotation. The Suns have come a long ways.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's a great situation compared to past seasons. I find myself mentally going through the list of all the Suns point guards.

And Jalen Lecque and Jared Harper were not even drafted. In past seasons they might be a part of the rotation. The Suns have come a long ways.

We have more PG's right now than we've had over the last 2 years combined. It's quite the difference.

Rubio, Jerome, Carter, Tyler Johnson, Lecque, Okobo, and Harper

Ulis, Mike James, Shaq Harrison, Canaan, Melton, Okobo, and Elfrid Payton

I know we had a 10 day guy in Triano's season but I can't recall his name, he didn't stick for long either so I feel like leaving him off is ok.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We have more PG's right now than we've had over the last 2 years combined. It's quite the difference.

Rubio, Jerome, Carter, Tyler Johnson, Lecque, Okobo, and Harper

Ulis, Mike James, Shaq Harrison, Canaan, Melton, Okobo, and Elfrid Payton

I know we had a 10 day guy in Triano's season but I can't recall his name, he didn't stick for long either so I feel like leaving him off is ok.

The Suns situation is so much brighter now with the above point guards.

Jawun Evans might the other guard you are thinking about. And I remember hoping he might be able to stick. Those were desperate days until Tyler Johnson arrived.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ricky Rubio after first morning of Training Camp.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Gina Mizell (@ginamizell)
10/2/19, 1:53 PM
Kelly Oubre has a brace/splint on his right hand and is not participating in the scrimmage work during the open media period. He’s up encouraging/barking at teammates. Mikal Bridges is also still absent. #Suns

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Duane Rankin (@DuaneRankin)
10/2/19, 2:05 PM
Mikal Bridges is also out.

Ayton, Rubio, Kaminsky, Okobo, Tyler Johnson were on the floor in end for team white, which had Oubre. #Suns

They lost to team black that had Booker, Diallo, Cam Johnson, Saric and Jerome on the floor at the end.

Bridges was on that team.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
10/2/19, 2:33 PM
Monty described Mikal Bridges’ injury as discomfort in his knee. He did not partake in the scrimmage portion we saw but was doing some light shooting after practice. Monty said it may be a product of Bridges overworking himself a bit this offseason. #Suns

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
10/2/19, 3:19 PM
With Oubre/Bridges out, Cam Johnson has been praised for work w/first unit. Starting forward Dario Saric: "He was, like, flying around the gym....He understands the game so well. He's moving so well. He can shoot so well. He's a guy who I'm sure will be in the rotation." #Suns

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
10/2/19, 3:19 PM
Monty Williams on Cam Johnson: "He's not your normal rookie ... he's just not afraid. When you put him out there with the starting group, he doesn't look like a guy who's deferring at all. And that's what I like. He feels like he should be out there." #Suns

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members