Training camp opens in Flagstaff October 1, 2019

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Gina Mizell (@ginamizell)
9/30/19, 4:13 PM
Was Devin Booker surprised him getting upset about being double-teamed in a pickup game became a thing? "Nowadays, no, I’m not surprised. Everything is gonna hit the Internet. It’s just part of the game today, man." #Suns

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Booker on outside criticism for double-team reaction, and not playing for Team USA at FIBA World Cup: "I’m not gonna take what anybody says on (social media) too seriously, any criticism they can have about me. Because I’m gonna criticize myself more than anybody can." #Suns

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Booker on outside criticism for double-team reaction, and not playing for Team USA at FIBA World Cup: "I’m not gonna take what anybody says on (social media) too seriously, any criticism they can have about me. Because I’m gonna criticize myself more than anybody can." #Suns

The thing that bothered me the most about Booker receiving criticism for not playing with Team USA this summer is how the same people who tried calling him out, all had a ton of excuses as to why he wasn't an All-Star back in February. Of course the hate didn't start until Team USA lost also, which is a bit ridiculous on it's own. I don't understand that logic though, he's good enough for Team USA but not good enough to be one of the 12 players chosen in the West? That's ridiculous.

I know there are international players in the All-Star game also but they don't take up that many spots. There were 6 international players of the 27 players selected to take part in the All-Star game last year and it's Booker who got the most publicity for not going. There were only 2 All-Stars that played for Team USA this summer, Kemba & Khris Middleton. It's not like Booker dropped out either, he wasn't even part of the final 20 like Anthony Davis, James Harden, and Lillard were.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting if true of Rubio. Nash was very vocal in practices as well not that I'm comparing the two players.

Kellan Olson‏Verified account @KellanOlson

Deandre Ayton asked the media gathered around him to look at Ricky Rubio. "Look how quiet Rubio look. He look like he yell? Man, I heard him and Gobert go at it a couple times, and I'm like, 'Oh!'"

4:47 PM - 30 Sep 2019

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So what I took from media day today, is that Ty Jerome is playing really well so far, and it sounds like he is going to be getting the backup PG minutes. Not a word about Cam though, which is telling.

Also, I got even more a sense of what a goof Ayton is. I can see with his personality why sometimes he shows up and sometimes he seems to coast.

Other thing that was pretty clear, the players had very little respect for Igor last year. Sounds like he just let them do whatever they wanted.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So what I took from media day today, is that Ty Jerome is playing really well so far, and it sounds like he is going to be getting the backup PG minutes. Not a word about Cam though, which is telling.

Also, I got even more a sense of what a goof Ayton is. I can see with his personality why sometimes he shows up and sometimes he seems to coast.

Other thing that was pretty clear, the players had very little respect for Igor last year. Sounds like he just let them do whatever they wanted.

I missed the part about Ty Jerome. Would like to know more about it. Do you have a link?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Devin Booker says he would play in the Olympics if invited.

Booker, who earlier in the summer told reporters he wanted to take the summer off to get healthy, said he would accept an invite to the 2020 Olympics in Tokyo.

“Yes, I would. I would love to,” he said.

“Just representing your country, playing in the Olympics, all of these things have been dreams of mine, so hopefully if I ever get the opportunity I’ll take full advantage of that. I know a lot of work goes into that. I know representing the country for USA Basketball can be one of the most prestigious things you can do.”

https://arizonasports.com/story/2101520/suns-devin-booker-would-love-play-2020-tokyo-olympics/

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I missed the part about Ty Jerome. Would like to know more about it. Do you have a link?

I think it was the very beginning. Chambers and Leander played some video of him and talked about how he has been very impressive, and how his teams in 5v5 are consistently winning and that he is taking a leadership role.

Also monte mentioned him, carter, and Leque when he talked about the point guards after Rubio in that order.

Tyler Johnson also made a comment about carter looking like a totally new player to the one he played against, so I think he must be looking good too.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it was the very beginning. Chambers and Leander played some video of him and talked about how he has been very impressive, and how his teams in 5v5 are consistently winning and that he is taking a leadership role.

Also monte mentioned him, carter, and Leque when he talked about the point guards after Rubio in that order.

Tyler Johnson also made a comment about carter looking like a totally new player to the one he played against, so I think he must be looking good too.

It's great to hear.

I read the comment from Tyler Johnson about Jevon Carter being further along than anticipated.

Then add Ricky Rubio, Ty Jerome, Elie Okobo, Jalen Lecque and Jared Harper (two-way contract) and the Suns appear deep at point guard. Of course Tyler Johnson can play there as well.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Training Camp has tipped off at NAU.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
10/1/19, 1:09 PM
Kelly Oubre (hand) and Mikal Bridges (undisclosed) were both held out of the portion of practice that was open to the media. Monty did not specify if Oubre’s “discomfort” was on the same hand that had thumb surgery at end of last season. Said there’d be more info later. #Suns

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
10/1/19, 2:00 PM
At the end of #Suns practice, each player went to the FT line for two attempts. Each miss meant whole team ran a full-court sprint (missing both meant down and back). Lots of guys were short, understandable given the altitude and that it was the first practice.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
10/1/19, 2:00 PM
Ayton went 1-for-2 his first time, but then took ball again after everybody's turn for one more shot. He made it. Any pressure? "Nope. I ran to that. You didn't see that? I ran over there. I'm like, 'What, I missed my first one. I need to go finish that practice off.'" #Suns

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I hope Oubre doesn't prove to be injury prone. This will be his 5th season, like Booker, and it doesn't appear he's had a history of injuries. He played in 63 games his rookie year, 79 in his 2nd year, and 81 in his 3rd, and 69 last year. 35 games in 4 years isn't bad. I think all of our starters need to play in at least 70 games a piece in order for the Suns to improve their record a good amount.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Its really hard to believe. This team has real point guards!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard