trade proposal (NYK)

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think it's anywhere near enough value for New York unless they get a solid commitment from Goran and they believe Carmelo's injury problems are just going to get worse in the fairly near future.

But even if the deal was made I don't see him being a good fit with our roster. I think he'd have to play power forward and if not, we'd need to pair him with a true stretch 4. I can't see him and Keef sharing the same space. Although the anticipation of the eventual on-court fight between a twin and Melo might make for appointment TV.

Steve

3rdside

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
That's what I was thinking. High risk, high reward, but at least the "high reward" part is not utterly inconceivable. At least not to me.

High reward, sure, which is why i'd maybe go for it (and we're in such a mess right now that surely anything to move on from where we are can only be a good thing).

My instinct, though, tells me that both Carmelo and Bledsoe have that undesirable trait of being 'good stats / bad impact on the W-L record' guys. Having one of this type of player is bad enough, let alone two..so maybe I'm not so high on the idea afterall. Let's reassess once dragic is gone and Bledsoe has the rest of the season to show what he's got.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
High reward, sure, which is why i'd maybe go for it (and we're in such a mess right now that surely anything to move on from where we are can only be a good thing).

My instinct, though, tells me that both Carmelo and Bledsoe have that undesirable trait of being 'good stats / bad impact on the W-L record' guys. Having one of this type of player is bad enough, let alone two..so maybe I'm not so high on the idea afterall. Let's reassess once dragic is gone and Bledsoe has the rest of the season to show what he's got.

LOOOOOOOOL

IF Bledsoe has a bad impact on the W-L record than what does Goran have?

Bledsoe as a starting PG has a record considerably above .500.

Goran Dragic as starting PG lost almost twice as many games as he won.

SO91

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Who's the best player Carmelo has played with? Nearly-done-AI? Billups? Broken down Amare? Tyson Chandler?

OP
OP
elindholm

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
With Anthony about to undergo surgery, this is the best time to try to get him. Let Bledsoe figure out whether he can establish a rapport with Len or the Morrises, figure out what the new guys have, and then bring in the star acquisition to start next season. How much worse can things get?

3rdside

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
LOOOOOOOOL

IF Bledsoe has a bad impact on the W-L record than what does Goran have?

Bledsoe as a starting PG has a record considerably above .500.

Goran Dragic as starting PG lost almost twice as many games as he won.

I'm sorry - I forgot how highly regarded you are on this board. And LOLing as an opening line? I'll just consider myself wrong...thank you for making me see your point of view in three capital letters.

Learn what instinct means and get back to me.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
I bet most Knicks fans would jump at any opp to get rid of Melo. If they could get Dragic and a pick they'd wet themselves.

His contract is bad but it won't hurt as much once the cap goes up.

3rdside

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Who's the best player Carmelo has played with? Nearly-done-AI? Billups? Broken down Amare? Tyson Chandler?

Fair point - Billups was very good though.

And do see what I said about instinct.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With Anthony about to undergo surgery, this is the best time to try to get him. Let Bledsoe figure out whether he can establish a rapport with Len or the Morrises, figure out what the new guys have, and then bring in the star acquisition to start next season. How much worse can things get?

You know the answer when you ask a question like this.

It can get way worse.

3rdside

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Ha we're about to find out.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Does Melo have any drive to prove that he's still relevant?

If Melo is driven to win this trade could be a huge win for the Suns. If he's checked out it would be a huge disaster. The Suns would be stuck with his contract with little room to do anything about it.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
New York gets
Goran Dragic ($7.5M this season, player option through 2016)
Gerald Green (3.5, 2015)
P.J. Tucker (5.7, 2017)
Zoran Dragic (1.8, 2016)
Miles Plumlee (1.2, RFA 2016)
PHO first-round draft pick 2015

Phoenix gets
Carmelo Anthony (22.5, player option 2019)

The best part of this would be the minutes it created for the rookies.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I'm sorry - I forgot how highly regarded you are on this board. And LOLing as an opening line? I'll just consider myself wrong...thank you for making me see your point of view in three capital letters.

Learn what instinct means and get back to me.

I think it's funny that this post is directed at slinslin because the guy you were getting into with on RealGM (biggestsportsfan2) is also likely slinslin. He's been permabanned there numerous times and continues creating new accounts but one of the mods usually recognize his posting style and are quick to ban him :D

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
I think it's funny that this post is directed at slinslin because the guy you were getting into with on RealGM (biggestsportsfan2) is also likely slinslin. He's been permabanned there numerous times and continues creating new accounts but one of the mods usually recognize his posting style and are quick to ban him :D

You should go visit a doctor. I was banned on realgm by a Celtics moderator because I went to the Celtics board to tell them that there was no way we were going to do some trade for their garbage and that was years ago.

And based on your posting style, go back to highschool.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
You should go visit a doctor. I was banned on realgm by a Celtics moderator because I went to the Celtics board to tell them that there was no way we were going to do some trade for their garbage and that was years ago.

And based on your posting style, go back to highschool.

Kerrsed has banned you plenty of times for creating dupe accounts among other things. I know because your infamous on that board, anytime a newly registered user starts posting trollish material, it's assumed that it may be a dupe and first person people suspect is you.

"Go back to high school"? Come on slin, I know you can think of a better diss than that.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
so far the Knicks are offering Tim Hardway Jr and Jose Calderon for Goran Dragic. Yuck.
#Knicks attempting to build a trade package for Goran Dragic around Tim Hardaway Jr. and Jose Calderon. It's a no-brainer if they can do it.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
so far the Knicks are offering Tim Hardway Jr and Jose Calderon for Goran Dragic. Yuck.

ESPN said also a future 1st round pick

Miami is also offering 2 first round picks in future.

But they said Sarver doesn't want to trade him.

This is what I was wondering about. Remember Sarver was the one who sold Dragic on coming back. He was the one who wanted him the most. Sarver now feels upset.

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
Sarver needs to stay out of GM business.

Savers in a tough spot. He vowed to Goran never to trade him again after getting him back from Houston, now with Goran demanding a trade, Saver is conflicted and IMO he wants Goran to stay and feels he can smooth this mess over by seasons end. Saver, Im sure is not happy with the Suns management team and I wouldnt be surprised someones head will roll over this.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Savers in a tough spot. He vowed to Goran never to trade him again after getting him back from Houston, now with Goran demanding a trade, Saver is conflicted and IMO he wants Goran to stay and feels he can smooth this mess over by seasons end. Saver, Im sure is not happy with the Suns management team and I wouldnt be surprised someones head will roll over this.

I see it that way too. At the same time, he made it a point to remove himself from the basketball decisions, so that complicates it even more. As a leader, it's a tricky situations to handle. If you have a great relationship with a player, have him come to you and not to the media after his complaints were ignored by your subordinated/ his direct bosses. Then you get involved and handle things privately and quietly. Still sucks that you have to overrule your direct reports, but it's better than this alternative.

On a side note, the only thing I hold against Dragic is that he didn't go to Sarver when Jeff, Ryan, and Lon ignored him.
Go to your friend and not to the media, dude!

Last edited: