PHO-SAC trade proposal

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Except that he has an injury that he's proving mysteriously unable to recover from.

Would still trade Markieff for him without thinking twice.

Would do that same trade for Terrence Jones as well.

Catlover

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If Cousins continues to play as he has the past 3 games (or like he played in 2013), I can't see the Kings moving him. And if they do move him, I can't see us putting together a package that would interest them without stripping the roster of it's talent.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The question is only why would the Rockets do these trades.

Cant get the numbers to match and Houston would be trading one extra of for another extra pf.

The key would have to be picks.

hcsilla

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Jones, McDaniels for Markieff technically works, but I'm not sure at all that Markieff is a better player while Jones is younger and has more potential.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The question is only why would the Rockets do these trades.
Because they can't afford to keep Jones and Motiejunas who are both RFAs after this season. And if you've seen the type of contract that guys like John Henson has received, believe me when I say that Motiejunas and Jones will both get some very nice offers next summer.

On clutch fans, their saying they need a good low post scoring PF. Say what you want about Kieff but when he's not disgruntled, he can definitely score especially on a team like the Rockets with guys like Harden drawing much of the defense's attention.

Plus Kieff is also on a longer and cheaper contract, and he's definitely gonna be costing less than what Jones or Motiejunas will be getting paid in the summer.

hcsilla

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It's extremely unlikely that a contender team like the Rockets will trade a better and cheaper player because some day he might become more expensive.

Actually, they were the winners of one of the worst trades when the Thunder did the same and the Rockets acquired Harden. Probably the Rockets still remember that trade.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
It's not "some day". It's literally 8 months from now.

And trading Harden was still the right move for OKC to make since they didn't want to pay the tax. They just choose a terrible trade partner to do it.

Also, OKC went to the finals with Harden, Westbrook and Durant....the Rockets have not. Plus even when they made the WCFs last season, they did it WITHOUT Motiejunas.

So to say that these are different scenarios would be....an understatement.

To think that Motiejunas or Jones will ever be in even the same caliber or close to it of a guy who was 2nd in MVP voting is ludicrous.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
To think that Motiejunas or Jones will ever be in even the same caliber or close to it of a guy who was 2nd in MVP voting is ludicrous.

He quite plainly was comparing the idea of a trading a skill player for lesser parts purely for financial reasons (which the Harden trade obviously was), he did not even remotely imply that Montiejunas or Jones would become stars.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
We are much better with Kieff despite how bad he played so far.

W/Kieff – NetRtg: 15.0
Ast%: 47.7
Reb%: 51.2
eFG%: 53.5
TS%: 57.4

W/Leuer – NetRtg: -8.6
AST%: 42.9
Reb%: 47.1
eFG%: 46.6
TS%: 49.1

Lets not forget we had the luxury of playing Denver and Lakers without Kieff.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
With Markieff "injured" I can't help but hope that a trade is in the works for him and they are just holding him out to avoid injury. It's most likely wishful thinking but it's free to dream.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We are much better with Kieff despite how bad he played so far.

W/Kieff – NetRtg: 15.0
Ast%: 47.7
Reb%: 51.2
eFG%: 53.5
TS%: 57.4

W/Leuer – NetRtg: -8.6
AST%: 42.9
Reb%: 47.1
eFG%: 46.6
TS%: 49.1

Lets not forget we had the luxury of playing Denver and Lakers without Kieff.

I am trying to look at the Markieff situation dispassionately--without animosity toward him for the events of this summer, and without overcompensating and being defensive of him.

These numbers mystify me. The offense seems to flow so much better without him, and we have blowout wins without him. Anyone have an idea whats going on here?

Catlover

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I am trying to look at the Markieff situation dispassionately--without animosity toward him for the events of this summer, and without overcompensating and being defensive of him.

These numbers mystify me. The offense seems to flow so much better without him, and we have blowout wins without him. Anyone have an idea whats going on here?

I certainly don't. Even acknowledging opponents, we've just looked like a completely different team without Markieff. It's hard to believe that statistically we've done our best with him in the lineup. And the other thing that really stands out, with Keef missing these guys are once again playing cheerleader for each other. We really didn't see that with Morris involved.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I certainly don't. Even acknowledging opponents, we've just looked like a completely different team without Markieff. It's hard to believe that statistically we've done our best with him in the lineup. And the other thing that really stands out, with Keef missing these guys are once again playing cheerleader for each other. We really didn't see that with Morris involved.

Maybe it would be good to develop some team chemistry without him, and then work him in gradually.