Trade down to as low as 16 if we can

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I'm gonna be sick if we move back and end up with someone like Kinlaw or a WR.

I can stomach a slight move back and coming away with one of the OTs.

lobo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
When Joe Madden became manager of the Cubs his first quotable line was
(sic) " Just because it didn't work out does not mean it was a bad idea."

Think about that one. To me as I mentioned too many times, Kiem gets me craze when he gets too cute...stay in your lane and to the smart stuff, mistakes can happen...but when a person has an exacta in one draft of a very marginal qb taken from an ACC school followed up by a TE from a school you could not find on a map...that is a one way ticket out the door....and here in the Chicago area we know who did that.

OP
OP
C

cardsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'm gonna be sick if we move back and end up with someone like Kinlaw or a WR.

I can stomach a slight move back and coming away with one of the OTs.
I know you preferred Oline but if you could have the highest rates Receiver plus a high second round pick you wouldn't take that? None of these Olinemen are a sure thing.. I would take that deal..

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I know you preferred Oline but if you could have the highest rates Receiver plus a high second round pick you wouldn't take that? None of these Olinemen are a sure thing.. I would take that deal..
I really wouldn't. This is where we find ourselves when Keim has swung and missed so badly in past drafts.

For all of the discussion we've had about "immediate impact" and the shortened offseason, I don't see how a second round pick is really going to break into the lineup. Take an elite player, and don't get cute, not when you have a top ten pick and hopefully won't for a while.

OP
OP
C

cardsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The thing is I don't know if the top four Olinemen are elite.. Wills comes from a team that doesn't seem to produce Oline talent for the NFL, Wirfs has quite a bit of tape that I don't think looks that great.. Becton is a lot of upside but very little technique and Thomas is eh in most peoples eyes.. I don't know.. I think the Wide Receivers seem to show more on tape but I am leaning more Oline because of our needs but I don't think it is worth a second round pick for me its a toss up....

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think the only way we trade down is if Tua falls into our lap. Somebody will want him pretty bad.
Otherwise, who would someone give up big draft capital to move up for? Tua being there would mean that the big name defenders are probably all gone, and a variety of tackles and receivers are still on the board..

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
The thing is I don't know if the top four Olinemen are elite.. Wills comes from a team that doesn't seem to produce Oline talent for the NFL, Wirfs has quite a bit of tape that I don't think looks that great.. Becton is a lot of upside but very little technique and Thomas is eh in most peoples eyes.. I don't know.. I think the Wide Receivers seem to show more on tape but I am leaning more Oline because of our needs but I don't think it is worth a second round pick for me its a toss up....
I think the issue with the top four OL is that they are elite, but you have different flavors, and each team might prefer a different one. That doesn't mean they're no good. It leads to the perception that none are elite because there isn't a consensus.

Wide Receivers are always fun to watch, and easy to drool over, but some semblance of balance on your roster is crucial.

I'm all for a defensive investment though.

OP
OP
C

cardsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I can almost guarantee you several of them will not turn out elite, maybe none of them, I think you can hope for a solid contributor..probably the same for the receivers, I think it is a crap shoot.. that's why I would take the second. I Young, Okuduh and Simmons are the only ones with a really good chance of being elite players with a couple others hitting..but I guess we'll see.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I can almost guarantee you several of them will not turn out elite, maybe none of them, I think you can hope for a solid contributor..probably the same for the receivers, I think it is a crap shoot.. that's why I would take the second. I Young, Okuduh and Simmons are the only ones with a really good chance of being elite players with a couple others hitting..but I guess we'll see.
Of course, but that's the NFL draft for you. That's why I don't want to trade back and be the team to take everyone else's picked over choices. Trust your scouting department.

I admit, I'm feeling burned by Keim. That second round pick doesn't make me feel any better about Keim taking lesser players that have the impact of his current picks as GM.

OP
OP
C

cardsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think our scouts will have most of the picks muddled to together with very little difference in ratings.. I would almost prefer the most concensus pick when it is our turn I think it has better odds of working out..

Rohinaz

All Star
Reaction score

There is a video with every snap of young vs Clemson. Try to find 1 elite play. They are all a coin flip.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I just read that supposedly the cards have a contingent deal with Atlanta already setup.

Atlanta will take Kinlaw at our pick if it happens is what is reported, but Atlanta is trying to trade up for Chase Young with the Redskins, but so far have been rejected.

Another rumor is Detroit and Miami are swapping picks, and they say it is for miami to pick Tua?

If that is true they have put up a heck of a smoke screen.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
For us to trade down to 16, I want AT LEAST a #2 and next year's #1. That's the MINIMUM. Trading out of the top 10 all the way to 16 would SUCK.
I think we get this years 2 and next years 2. Maybe a 3rd this year also while we give up a 6th or 7th.

I just don't see a #1 happening as much as I would LOVE it.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I think we get this years 2 and next years 2. Maybe a 3rd this year also while we give up a 6th or 7th.

I just don't see a #1 happening as much as I would LOVE it.

Then we don't make the trade. In our disaster trade down from Suggs, we got 2 #1s in the CURRENT draft at roughly the same spot, and we got robbed.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn