Top Ten Most Reliable Pass Catchers

Reaction score

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very nice… He has been awesome and a viable fantasy starter when I’ve had to use Jimmie fantasy a couple times due to injury or Covid.

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
well heres the way i see it---- is HE making the leap this year or is he a product of KYLER making the leap.

In case of the latter--- then he should be easily replaceable.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
well heres the way i see it---- is HE making the leap this year or is he a product of KYLER making the leap.

Most likely the former, he was doing this with McCoy

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Im glad he's finally playing consistently well. I don't think he has earned big money on a new deal, but I would resign him if he is willing to take AVG slot WR money.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

a leap to still under 1000 yards in a 16 game season still doesn't speak that highly of him, IMO. He's a solid #3, but not much more, IMO.

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
Im glad he's finally playing consistently well. I don't think he has earned big money on a new deal, but I would resign him if he is willing to take AVG slot WR money.
He’s going to command a rather large payday. He’s been in the league as a 4 yr starter, young, and the deeper we go in the playoffs, the more he’s going to make (fact). I bet you 3 yrs $40 million Ish.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
a leap to still under 1000 yards in a 16 game season still doesn't speak that highly of him, IMO. He's a solid #3, but not much more, IMO.
I guess all of the Cards receivers suck then, because none of them is on pace for a 1000 yard season.

Kirk has consistently got open and caught almost everything thrown his way, including quite a few more than he was "expected" to catch based on difficulty. You can't ask anything more of the guy.

I think he could easily be a #2 on most teams, and (as Speedy predicted) will command a commensurate salary... with someone. But it would be awesome if the Cards are able to keep him at a reasonable salary.

...dbs

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess all of the Cards receivers suck then, because none of them is on pace for a 1000 yard season.

Kirk has consistently got open and caught almost everything thrown his way, including quite a few more than he was "expected" to catch based on difficulty. You can't ask anything more of the guy.

I think he could easily be a #2 on most teams, and (as Speedy predicted) will command a commensurate salary... with someone. But it would be awesome if the Cards are able to keep him at a reasonable salary.

...dbs
Where did I say anyone sucked Dave? Oh yeah... I didn’t. Also, you and I are both well aware why we’re not going to have anyone get 1000 yards and that’s because the guy who was on pace to has missed three straight games. Just not overwhelmed by a guy who’s not even going to hit 1000 yards and was a second round pick, but solid job adding to the convo with some hyperbolized/projected crap into the discussion.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
He’s going to command a rather large payday. He’s been in the league as a 4 yr starter, young, and the deeper we go in the playoffs, the more he’s going to make (fact). I bet you 3 yrs $40 million Ish.

Thats more than I'm willing to pay him if I'm Keim.

Moore has the ability to be our slot guy...and that is where Kirk is best. Having 2 slot guys is a luxury. I would rather take that money and look for the true #2 outside WR to go with Hop.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Thats more than I'm willing to pay him if I'm Keim.

Moore has the ability to be our slot guy...and that is where Kirk is best. Having 2 slot guys is a luxury. I would rather take that money and look for the true #2 outside WR to go with Hop.
Ehh... in this offense it’s inside/outside receiver and we run two inside receivers pretty often.
Not to mention Moore may well be more effective as an outside guy.... would really like to see him get some chances to show what he can do with that route tree. Would be nice to know Moore’s full capabilities before making any decisions on the WR room.
But Kirk? Tough call.... five years $42mil with $30 guaranteed?

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Kirk is good. Made several big plays for us this year.

But if we can get the same production or more at the slot position from Rondale, I think you have to let Kirk go in FA. Nothing against him personally, it's just the economics of it.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where did I say anyone sucked Dave? Oh yeah... I didn’t. Also, you and I are both well aware why we’re not going to have anyone get 1000 yards and that’s because the guy who was on pace to has missed three straight games. Just not overwhelmed by a guy who’s not even going to hit 1000 yards and was a second round pick, but solid job adding to the convo with some hyperbolized/projected crap into the discussion.
This is a thread about Kirk being not just better than average, but THE most reliable pass catcher in the league. You used the fact that he's on a pace for less than 1000 yards to pooh pooh him. You said it "doesn't speak highly of him", and sure that's not quite the same as saying he sucks, but it's not far off.

The Cardinals are doing a remarkable job of spreading the ball around, which is why even Hopkins was on pace for BARELY over 1000 yards even if he HADN'T missed the last three games. And the fact that Kirk hasn't missed a game is actually a point in Kirk's favor.

Kirk is averaging 3 yards per game less than Hopkins, has been available for every game, has a catch rate AND catch rate above expected that FAR exceeds those of every other WR in the league, and is the clear #2 on this team, but you're not impressed and think he's a #3 at best.

Whine all you want about how i'm "hyperbolizing" your position, but the "crap" you smell is your own.

...dave

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Ehh... in this offense it’s inside/outside receiver and we run two inside receivers pretty often.
Not to mention Moore may well be more effective as an outside guy.... would really like to see him get some chances to show what he can do with that route tree. Would be nice to know Moore’s full capabilities before making any decisions on the WR room.
But Kirk? Tough call.... five years $42mil with $30 guaranteed?
I don't think he's signing that contract. That is Robbie Anderson pay range per year. Not even Tyler Boyd money. It's going to take 60 mil over 5 years imo.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
This is a thread about Kirk being not just better than average, but THE most reliable pass catcher in the league. You used the fact that he's on a pace for less than 1000 yards to pooh pooh him. You said it "doesn't speak highly of him", and sure that's not quite the same as saying he sucks, but it's not far off.

The Cardinals are doing a remarkable job of spreading the ball around, which is why even Hopkins was on pace for BARELY over 1000 yards even if he HADN'T missed the last three games. And the fact that Kirk hasn't missed a game is actually a point in Kirk's favor.

Kirk is averaging 3 yards per game less than Hopkins, has been available for every game, has a catch rate AND catch rate above expected that FAR exceeds those of every other WR in the league, and is the clear #2 on this team, but you're not impressed and think he's a #3 at best.

Whine all you want about how i'm "hyperbolizing" your position, but the "crap" you smell is your own.

...dave
I’m surprised that you followed hyperbole with more hyperbole when called out on it. “Doesn’t speak highly of him” need not be anywhere close to “sucks.” When someone (especially cheese, whom you know very well) means “sucks” on this board they pretty much say he sucks. And you know it. On a continuum “doesn’t speak highly of him” is likely more in the midrange than at the bottom. It would be like me interpreting your trumpeting of this ranking as saying kirk is the best receiver in the nfl. Surely that’s not your claim, nor do I read it as such, or try to make the claim that you do bc I know better. Just as you know cheese doesn’t think kirk “sucks.”

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
4-5 years at 9 million per. $20 million guaranteed. Add 1 million per in performance bonuses.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I don't think he's signing that contract. That is Robbie Anderson pay range per year. Not even Tyler Boyd money. It's going to take 60 mil over 5 years imo.
Agree... he is probably a 12mil guy.... but I would like to get him cheaper, lol... my guess was around what I think the team can afford for his position...
If we test Moore on the outside and he does well, then we let green walk.... place Moore at 2, pay Kirk his 12mil,,, then draft another guy

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA