Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh no. I would prefer they leave it alone from here. Leave Top Gun alone. The extremely rare instance of an original and sequel being excellent movies. It can only go down from here.
Agree 100% but making over a billion I can see why they’d be tempted.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saw this again on Sunday and took the whole family. It was still awesome!

I haven't seen the movie yet but I checked out the soundtrack for Maverick.

The soundtrack for Maverick was a huge disappointment compared to Top Gun which was one of the best soundtracks I have ever heard.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I haven't seen the movie yet but I checked out the soundtrack for Maverick.

The soundtrack for Maverick was a huge disappointment compared to Top Gun which was one of the best soundtracks I have ever heard.
They did play several of the songs from the original soundtrack, so you will enjoy that for a few goosebumps.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They did play several of the songs from the original soundtrack, so you will enjoy that for a few goosebumps.

I have most of the songs from the original soundtrack in my play library. My hope was a treasure trove of new songs.

Oh well, I'm looking forward to seeing the movie.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I have most of the songs from the original soundtrack in my play library. My hope was a treasure trove of new songs.

Oh well, I'm looking forward to seeing the movie.

Here is the music video for the one I was talking about. Has a lot of clips from the movie, so don't watch, just listen, don't want there to be any SPOILERS

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was really surprised they didn't work in "You've Lost that Loving Feeling". That was arguably the most iconic scene from the original.

They nailed pretty much every other nostalgia note.

That was a great song by the Righteous Brothers.

Music doesn't get much better than this song and "Unchained Melody."

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is the music video for the one I was talking about. Has a lot of clips from the movie, so don't watch, just listen, don't want there to be any SPOILERS

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OneRepublic is one of my favorite groups. They've done some great songs.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah I listened to that cassette over and over. It's the only one that my mom let me play in her car.

Honestly, I got kind of burned out on Danger Zone, and Kenny Loggins since they got way overplayed on the radio "back in the day". Same deal with Footloose. Great song/artist though.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Honestly, I got kind of burned out on Danger Zone, and Kenny Loggins since they got way overplayed on the radio "back in the day". Same deal with Footloose. Great song/artist though.
You must be registered for see images attach

Honestly, I got way, way burned out on Unchained Melody after Ghost. It was everywhere! But I grew up loving it (and other oldies), and, as the years passed, I grew to appreciate the song again.

Attachments

• 1658394615133.png
    1658394615133.png
    339.4 KB · Views: 1

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am happy and all it was such a hit, but this means the studio is going to "street worker" it out for a 3rd which I am not that excited about. I guess it's possible they could nail it a 3rd time but history says it's not likely.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am happy and all it was such a hit, but this means the studio is going to "street worker" it out for a 3rd which I am not that excited about. I guess it's possible they could nail it a 3rd time but history says it's not likely.

You are probably right, but its interesting to think what the story for III would be. I mean, Maverick was pretty much at the end of his rope in this one. What's next, they make him an admiral? Not sure if he will be able to pull all the G's in the next one.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So it’ll end up top-18 tops. I still can’t remember any one scene from Avatar off the top of my head.
Oh, it probably ends somewhere in the high teens. It’s an absolute smash.
Tom Cruise won’t let a sequel be bad. They won’t do this until he knows it’s gonna be awesome. See the Mission movies the last decade for proof of that.
absolute smash hit.

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
Saw this tonight. My first movie since the pandemic started. To my surprise the theater was packed, even though this movie was released months ago.

Fantastic, over the top cheesefest. Loved the nostalgic feeling I got from it. I might go see it again next weekend.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
Saw this tonight. My first movie since the pandemic started. To my surprise the theater was packed, even though this movie was released months ago.

Fantastic, over the top cheesefest. Loved the nostalgic feeling I got from it. I might go see it again next weekend.
It's crazy how successful it's been. Up to $1.35B at the box office now. It's domestic number is only like $36m behind Thor's total box office. That's just insane considering the MCU franchise.

I can't wait for the UHD for this now. I have my new projector and screen installed so it's going to be even more nuts than in the theater.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose