Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes?

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tom Cruise & Katie Holmes Dating

"The Insider" has confirmed that megastar Tom Cruise and "Dawson's Creek" cutie Katie Holmes are dating. The couple were spotted holding hands and dining out today in Rome, where Tom is accepting a David di Donatello Award for lifetime achievement, the Italian equivalent of an Oscar.

"They have been dating for a couple of weeks," a source close to the couple tells "The Insider."

Cruise, 42, broke up with actress Penelope Cruz in January 2004 and was recently seen leaving a party for 'Collateral' pal Jamie Foxx with Latin bombshell Sofia Vergara.

Holmes, 26, separated from 'American Pie' actor Chris Klein in February after their engagement was called off. In recent weeks, she was spotted getting cozy with actor Josh Hartnett. Neither of those pairings had been legitimized by the new couple's reps.

This surprising new coupling was verified by the superstar's publicist. Both actors have blockbuster movies coming out this summer. Katie stars in 'Batman Begins,' opposite Christian Bale, while Tom headlines director Steven Spielberg's 'War of the Worlds' update.

Attachments

• tomkatie.jpg
    tomkatie.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 320

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chris_Sanders said:
You are moving up in the world!
I was just going to say the opposite. Penelope Cruz for Katie Holmes? No way is that a trade up. No way.

Katie Holmes still looks like a 13 year old girl. Penelope is all woman, baby!

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think its a move down but to each his own.

The real crime, Tom, is that you wasted all those years married when you could have made all the rounds. Now your 42, time is running out man lol

Kolo

Reaction score
swd1974 said:
I think its a move down but to each his own.

The real crime, Tom, is that you wasted all those years married when you could have made all the rounds. Now your 42, time is running out man lol

I agree he wasted a lot of time, but ask Hugh Hefner if time runs out shortly after 42. Or Anthony Quinn. Or Tony Randall, Larry King, Jack Nicholson--

WaywardFan

Waywardier than before
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pariah said:
I was just going to say the opposite. Penelope Cruz for Katie Holmes? No way is that a trade up. No way.

Nah. Penelope Cruz looks like a muppet! She's the chick in the Electric Mayhem, with a tan!

Katie isn't gorgeous, but she's cute.

Tom's just wonky. (lame redo of previously typed statement)

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
WaywardFan said:
Nah. Penelope Cruz looks like a muppet! She's the chick in the Electric Mayhem, with a tan!
You mean Janice? "Fer suuuurrreee"

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Katie Holmes is teh hotness.

A-Bomb

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice shades. :|

Attachments

• tomkatie2.jpg
    tomkatie2.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 264
OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cruise 'Enamored' With Girlfriend Holmes

Fri Apr 29, 2005

Hollywood's newest couple Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes may strike some as unlikely, but the match was foretold in Seventeen magazine.

"I think every little girl dreams about (her wedding)," Holmes told Seventeen in October. "I used to think I was going to marry Tom Cruise."

Earlier this week, publicists for both actors confirmed the two had been dating for a few weeks. They have been photographed in Rome, where Cruise received a lifetime achievement award Friday at the David di Donatello Awards, the Italian equivalent of the Oscars.

When asked by a reporter for syndicated entertainment show "Extra" about Holmes' suddenly realized dream, Cruise replied, "I don't want to disappoint her."

Cruise, 42, wouldn't divulge how he met the 26-year-old Holmes, but said it was "like a dream" to have her with him for the awards ceremony.

"She's such an extraordinary woman," said Cruise. "It's beautiful. I feel really happy. I'm more than enamored." The interview was to air Friday night.

Both actors have had high-profile relationships.

Cruise's marriages to Mimi Rogers and Nicole Kidman ended in divorce. He had dated Penelope Cruz, but the pair split last year. Holmes and Chris Klein recently called off their engagement, after dating for five years.

This summer, Cruise is set to star in Steven Spielberg's "War of the Worlds" and Holmes will co-star with Christian Bale in "Batman Begins."

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"There are cameras here...let's kiss!" :|

You must be registered for see images

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Ya gotta give Holmes credit, she traded in that no talent suck me beautiful guy for an actual A-list actor just as her career was beginning to freefall into mall appearance status. This could be a career saving move for Holmes.

therealnod

Reaction score
Is it just me or is the most important part of BIM's post
This summer, Cruise is set to star in Steven Spielberg's "War of the Worlds" and Holmes will co-star with Christian Bale in "Batman Begins."

Christian Bale? Seriously?:?

bratwurst

on double secret probation
Reaction score
Pariah said:

Have you seen The Gift? I'd say Katie Holmes is not a 13 year old girl. Definitely a hottie!

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
WaywardFan said:
How TALL is Tom anyway? 5'3"??

Tom Cruise (Thomas Cruise Mapother IV), 42 years old - 5'7"

The women in his life:

Katie Holmes (Katherine Noelle Holmes), 26 years old - 5'9"

Penelope Cruz (Penélope Cruz Sánchez), 31 years old - 5'5.5"

Nicole Kidman (Nicole Mary Kidman), 37 years old - 5'10.5"

Mimi Rogers (Miriam Spickler), 49 years old - 5'8.5"

--------------------------------------

His next woman might be in high school right now...and she's probably already taller than him. :D

WaywardFan

Waywardier than before
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brian in Mesa said:
Tom Cruise (Thomas Cruise Mapother IV), 42 years old - 5'7"

Is that like a sports measurement, when it's not really true?

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
therealnod said:
Is it just me or is the most important part of BIM's post

Christian Bale? Seriously?:?
The movie's wrapped production and probably even post-production. This is REALLY old news.

http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/showthread.php?t=21730

As for the disbelief at the choice of casting, I'm not sure what you're complaining about. Why not Bale? I think he's pretty darn near a perfect choice. Who would you rather see in the cowl?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson