Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes?

Hordispack

Veteran
Reaction score
I don't see the fascination with Katie Holmes. I think she's skinny and skanky...although i do agree she's better than Penelope.
Tom Cruise is a loon. Run Katie run, he can't catch you. Your legs are 8 inches longer than his.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
phillycard said:
These two are real irritating with the scientology business! She's switching up her staff, and avoiding people who aren't down with it. We'll see if she's so gung-ho after Tom gets tired of her and gives her a** the boot! :doi:

Well, she will be in the upper-echelon of the religion, after all, since you have to pay to achieve each new 'level' :rolleyes:

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stout said:
Well, she will be in the upper-echelon of the religion, after all, since you have to pay to achieve each new 'level' :rolleyes:

I know. It's difficult to imagine any other religion would expect you to pay/ tithe. I'd be extremely surprised if Tom Cruise has given 10% or more of his income to Scientology which is what would be expected from many religions. :rolleyes:

That said, I think Tom Cruise has officially lost it. I saw Katie Holmes on Dave Letterman last night, and she might have the maturity of an 18 year old. I was embarrassed for her.

Joe

JPlay

JPlay
Reaction score
Joe Mama said:
I know. It's difficult to imagine any other religion would expect you to pay/ tithe. I'd be extremely surprised if Tom Cruise has given 10% or more of his income to Scientology which is what would be expected from many religions. :rolleyes:

That said, I think Tom Cruise has officially lost it. I saw Katie Holmes on Dave Letterman last night, and she might have the maturity of an 18 year old. I was embarrassed for her.

Joe

Yeah but you'd still get it on with her. Those are Cruise's intentions.

Stout

Reaction score
Joe Mama said:

But those many other religions weren't simply constructed by one lone person seeking nothing more than to fleece people out of money. That may have become a sidelilne of many religions (and I am NOT a fan of organized religion). Even so, just because other religions do it, doesn't mean scientology isn't a load of big, steaming crap.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stout said:
But those many other religions weren't simply constructed by one lone person seeking nothing more than to fleece people out of money. That may have become a sidelilne of many religions (and I am NOT a fan of organized religion). Even so, just because other religions do it, doesn't mean scientology isn't a load of big, steaming crap.

I can handle that. I've never really researched Scientology, so I only know what I've heard about it from Tom Cruise and a few others. Even though it may have been created to make money it's possible that it really does help people. I mean there are all sorts of programs around the world that were created to make money but really help people in their lives. Of course most of them do not claim to be religions/churches.

I had no problem with the Tom Cruise interview (access Hollywood) until he started calling psychology/psychiatry a sham. I was with him when he was talking about how there were too many people, especially children, on drugs prescribed by doctors. I absolutely believe that. But to say that the entire practice is a sham with no base in science is absolutely ludicrous.

BTW I would take Penelope Cruz over Katie Holmes any day of the weekend twice on Sunday. Of course I wouldn't kick Katie Holmes out of bed either... at least not for a while. :)

Joe Mama

Stout

Reaction score
Joe Mama said:
I can handle that. I've never really researched Scientology, so I only know what I've heard about it from Tom Cruise and a few others. Even though it may have been created to make money it's possible that it really does help people. I mean there are all sorts of programs around the world that were created to make money but really help people in their lives. Of course most of them do not claim to be religions/churches.

I had no problem with the Tom Cruise interview (access Hollywood) until he started calling psychology/psychiatry a sham. I was with him when he was talking about how there were too many people, especially children, on drugs prescribed by doctors. I absolutely believe that. But to say that the entire practice is a sham with no base in science is absolutely ludicrous.

BTW I would take Penelope Cruz over Katie Holmes any day of the weekend twice on Sunday. Of course I wouldn't kick Katie Holmes out of bed either... at least not for a while. :)

Joe Mama

:thumbup:

It's just that L. Ron Hubbard used to joke that the best way to fool people into giving up loads of money was to create a religion. It's a religion you have to pay to learn about, and can't share with anyone else. I think if the people are crazy enough to sign up for it, they deserve to have Hubbard take them to the cleaners.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cruise Says Holmes 'Digs' Scientology
Sat Jun 11, 2005
Source: EW.com

Tom Cruise says girlfriend Katie Holmes "digs" the Church of Scientology. In an interview with Entertainment Weekly, Cruise says the 26-year-old "Batman Begins" actress is curious about Scientology, founded by L. Ron Hubbard.

"Yes, absolutely. She digs it," the 42-year-old actor tells the magazine.

When asked if he's become more passionate about Scientology, Cruise says: "I've always been passionate about it. I've always talked about it when people asked about it."

He also confirmed there was a Scientology massage tent on the set of his upcoming film, "War of the Worlds."

"I also had a cappuccino tent on that set. And I made sure the crews were fed well, too. And if someone wanted an assist from a (Scientology) volunteer, it was there for them," he says. "People are curious about it they're always asking me about it, they want to know what Scientology is."

In an EW.com poll, 61 percent of respondents said they liked Cruise less now after the recent exhaustive attention to his personal life, 3 percent said they liked him more, and 36 percent said their viewpoint of the "Top Gun" star hadn't changed.

When asked by the interviewer if he's going to propose to Holmes, Cruise whispered, "It's gonna happen, man. It'll happen."

:|

:barf:

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stout said:
:thumbup:
I think if the people are crazy enough to sign up for it, they deserve to have Hubbard take them to the cleaners.

Hubbard died almost 20 years ago. It's the church that gets all of the money now. Like you said if you are foolish enough to give you money to them, they deserve it.

Hubbard was a great SciFi author. Battlefield Earth was a great book. It's a shame that Travolta butchered it in the theaters. I still hope that someone remakes Battlefield Earth and does it rigth this time.

Stout

Reaction score
MadCardDisease said:
Hubbard died almost 20 years ago. It's the church that gets all of the money now. Like you said if you are foolish enough to give you money to them, they deserve it.

Hubbard was a great SciFi author. Battlefield Earth was a great book. It's a shame that Travolta butchered it in the theaters. I still hope that someone remakes Battlefield Earth and does it rigth this time.

No kidding! Took one of the greatest Sci Fi books of all time and made it into a bad B-movie. Ugh. I don't know if it was Travolta's fault...might have been more the writing/directing/producing. Either way, UGH!

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
Katie Holmes Converting to Scientology
Monday, June 13, 2005

LONDON — Katie Holmes says she's converting to the Church of Scientology, embracing the religion of her boyfriend, Tom Cruise.

Holmes, in London to promote her new film, "Batman Begins," said Monday that she's excited about her lessons in Scientology, a religion founded by science fiction writer L. Ron Hubbard.

The 26-year-old actress and Cruise went public with their romantic relationship in April. The former Catholic and star of television's "Dawson's Creek" grew up with a poster of Cruise on her bedroom wall and has said she grew up wanting to marry him.

"We all keep dreaming, and luckily, dreams come true," Holmes said.

Cruise was in Tokyo Monday for the premiere of his new film, "War of the Worlds."

In an interview in the June 17 issue of Entertainment Weekly, the 42-year-old actor was asked if Holmes is curious about Scientology.

"Yeah, absolutely. She digs it," he tells the magazine.

In response to a question about whether he'd asked Holmes not to do "Factory Girl" — about Edie Sedgwick and Andy Warhol — because of the drug use in the movie, Cruise says: "I don't even know what 'Factory Girl' is."

He adds: "Listen, the thing you've got to know about Katie is that she's an incredibly bright and self-determined woman. She makes her own decisions."

Cruise was previously married to Mimi Rogers and Nicole Kidman, and dated Penelope Cruz for several years.

Holmes and actor Chris Klein recently called off their engagement, after dating for five years.

When asked by Entertainment Weekly if he plans to propose to Holmes, Cruise replies: "It's gonna happen, man. It'll happen."

:doi:

Reaction score
Flash: Cruise and the next in line...

Dakota Fanning

Attachments

• cruiseandnext.jpg
    cruiseandnext.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 115

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stout said:
No kidding! Took one of the greatest Sci Fi books of all time and made it into a bad B-movie. Ugh. I don't know if it was Travolta's fault...might have been more the writing/directing/producing. Either way, UGH!

The whole thing sucked, Primarly the screenplay, not just Travolta! What they need to do is break the book up into three parts and make a trilogy out of it. There is to much to squeeze into one movie. Thats why the movie failed. It was confusing because they cut out a lot of the important parts.

Or even make a miniseries out of it on the SciFi channel or HBO or something. It would be huge if done properly.

Last edited:

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
Katie Talks Tom to W, Poses in Bridal Gown
Jul 8, 1:02 PM EST
The Associated Press

NEW YORK -- The future Mrs. Tom Cruise has already tried on at least one wedding gown. Katie Holmes appears in the August issue of W magazine posing in a Commes des Garcons wedding dress and continuing to gush about her fiance. The couple, who went public with their relationship in April, haven't announced a date for their marriage.

"Tom and I will always be in our honeymoon phase," Holmes says in W, on newsstands July 22. In the interview, a theme emerges with many similar comments, including "Tom is the most incredible man in the world."

Cruise, 42, and Holmes, 26, became engaged last month after the "War of the Worlds" star proposed at the Eiffel Tower in Paris. Holmes, who co-stars in "Batman Begins," has said she's taking lessons in Cruise's faith of Scientology.

"I'm learning to celebrate my own spirit, my own being," she says.

During the W interview, the actress wouldn't part from Jessica Rodriguez, who is described as her "Scientologist chaperone." Rodriguez's role in Holmes' life remains vague, though Rodriguez says they're "just best friends" since meeting around the time Holmes met Cruise.

"You adore him," Rodriguez told Holmes when the actress was at a loss for words to describe her love.

Not to forget their day jobs, Holmes says she wants to make a movie with Cruise.

"That would be such an honor," she says. "Such an honor."

Can you say "brainwashed"? :doi:

NSD_Blonde

Who's Your Daddy, Now?
Reaction score
Renz said:
Katie Talks Tom to W, Poses in Bridal Gown
Jul 8, 1:02 PM EST
The Associated Press

During the W interview, the actress wouldn't part from Jessica Rodriguez, who is described as her "Scientologist chaperone." Rodriguez's role in Holmes' life remains vague, though Rodriguez says they're "just best friends" since meeting around the time Holmes met Cruise.

"You adore him," Rodriguez told Holmes when the actress was at a loss for words to describe her love.

Can you say "brainwashed"? :doi:

Now, that's creepy!

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Brian in Mesa said:
Katie's "chaperone" is always nearby. Very creepy.

I read a story about her chaperone on the internet..... it's friggen wierd.

She was a good catholic girl now she has a scientologist girl following her around claiming to be her best friend. This is like an episode of the twilight zone

Hordispack

Veteran
Reaction score
Where's Tom's chaparone when he's on every televison show making an ass of himself?! :doi:

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tom doesn't need a chaperone; he's hard core Scientology. Only the newbies need a chaperone...I know, you were being funny, but that's the truth. I did a lot of reading up on Scientology one day while bored at work w/nothing to do, and MAN, is that "religion" weird. I mean--really really more of a cult than anything else. And brainwashing is EXACTLY what they do. Here is what they believe in a nutshell:

L. Ron Hubbard writes that, 75 million years ago, the head of the Galactic Federation, made up of 76 planets, was a being named Xenu. Faced with an overpopulation problem, he brought beings to this planet, blew them up with hydrogen bombs, and packaged them. Their spirits now infest our bodies: he says "One's body is a mass of individual thetans stuck to oneself or to the body." Scientologists at this level try to rid themselves of these thetans (spirits) by helping each one to remember the painful experiences of being blown up like that.
They subject newbies to sleep deprivation, food deprivation, etc. (for weeks) until they are so whacked out they believe what's being told to them. It's sad, really. The more I learn about it the sadder I am that people are getting sucked into it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn