Todays Line Up

DKCards

Reaction score
What do you think about today’s line up?

I am not sure on the batting order but here is the positional line up: 1st Clark, 2nd Lopez, 3rd Tracy, SS Drew, LF Jackson, CF Young, RF Byrnes, and SP is Webb.

PoolBoy

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
protecting Upton and Reynolds from righties. I like it TO START, but these guys need to start making contact against righties.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Clark at 1st? Give me a damned break. He's washed up.

Doesn't matter. Thank gawd the season is finally here. I've loaded my two fantasy teams built around Lopez, Drew, Tracy and Webb having very good years. I am a homer. Makes it more fun that way.

OP
OP
D

DKCards

Reaction score
Clark at 1st? Give me a damned break. He's washed up.

Doesn't matter. Thank gawd the season is finally here. I've loaded my two fantasy teams built around Lopez, Drew, Tracy and Webb having very good years. I am a homer. Makes it more fun that way.

You really think so……

He is the best defensive option the D-Backs have and I don’t think Tracy is going to be that much better at the plate. Want to make an A$FN bet on his offensive numbers vs Tracy’s? Pick any 3 categories and name your price.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What do you think about today’s line up?

I am not sure on the batting order but here is the positional line up: 1st Clark, 2nd Lopez, 3rd Tracy, SS Drew, LF Jackson, CF Young, RF Byrnes, and SP is Webb.

I am going to guess this batting order then:

Lopez
Young
Drew
Jackson
Clark
Byrnes
Tracy
Snyder
Webb

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Though I would rather have Drew hitting 2nd and Young hitting 3rd.

OP
OP
D

DKCards

Reaction score
Just found it :

Lopez
Young
Drew
Tracy
Byrnes
Clark
Jackson
Snyder
Webb

This I do not like as much as the fielding changes. From the looks of this he will be changing the batting order often. I would have liked to seen some continuity in the batting order even when he changes the fielding assignments. Where are Reynolds and Upton going to fit in that batting order?

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got the first three right at least. Chad Tracy at clean up???

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How are you going to sit two guys you are depending so much on in Upton and Reynolds on opening day. Way to get in their heads already Melvin. I am surprised Augie is not catching. Hell, while we are at it, lets give Garland the start to rest Webb.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't understand why you don't go with Upton. Don't like that at all.

Melvin is playing match ups on opening day with last years numbers to go off of. I am glad they play spring ball for 4 weeks to spend a entire off season improving to base match ups off of last year. Upton needs to bat against lefties just to get experience.

AZZenny

Reaction score
Freaking out? Over this team of has beens, never was's, and never will be's? I think not. I'll be following the White Sox if anyone's looking for me.

Upton is going to be a slow bloomer like his bro, and I very much doubt it'll happen in a DBack's uniform.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Freaking out? Over this team of has beens, never was's, and never will be's? I think not. I'll be following the White Sox if anyone's looking for me.

Upton is going to be a slow bloomer like his bro, and I very much doubt it'll happen in a DBack's uniform.

If that is the case, no one will be looking... :mulli:

Dbacks will finish better than the White Sox...

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Do you know Andrew? If not, I should introduce you two. If you two ever had childern, it would be a fight to name this first one. Hopefully it would be a boy since neither Shaquille or Carlos works for a girl. I kid, I kid. Have fun watching Carlos get hurt again.

We should have a vBookie on how many games it takes for him to get hurt. I think the over/under should be 50.

AZZenny

Reaction score
Shaquille would be fine for a girl-- it always sounded weird on a guy, although actually, I never could stand him. And Carla works.
:p

Maybe you're right about injury, maybe not. Time will tell. The DBacks look dismal to me regardless.

I'll root for Conor and a couple other players, and the team against LA and SF, but as long as BoMel is in place, find it very hard to be too interested in the Diamondbacks. RJ is only the latest in a long line to point out that they do not know how to develop their young players.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shaquille would be fine for a girl-- it always sounded weird on a guy, although actually, I never could stand him. And Carla works.
:p

Maybe you're right about injury, maybe not. Time will tell. The DBacks look dismal to me regardless.

I'll root for Conor and a couple other players, and the team against LA and SF, but as long as BoMel is in place, find it very hard to be too interested in the Diamondbacks. RJ is only the latest in a long line to point out that they do not know how to develop their young players.

I agree with you on Melvin. He will not allow the youngs guys to grow properly. Drew will be out of here the first chance he gets. Young will bounce all over the lineup and never get comfortable. Upton will not get enough AB's to improve. Connor will play a lot of 1B and let it get in his head. Renyolds will have no confidience and continue to play 3B when he is not a natural 3B. The bullpen will struggle and that is the one spot Melvin will not mess with until it is way to late. Max will be the 5th starter and get too many days off and hurt himself again. Yesterday was a great example of this. Sitting two youngs guys on opening day to play the matchup game. Way to get in their heads one game into the season.

By the way, I hope Carlos does well and plays the entire season and wins the MVP. IMHO, he should be a DH, he is too big to play the outfield for his body to last. Play him in the field 50 to 60 games a year max.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
By the way, I heard a interview with Drew to other day and boy did it sound like his dad may also be his uncle. Wow, that kid got hit with the dummy stick.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Woo hoo, Zenny! Let's gogogo White Sox, Chicago's proud of you!.

:)