Today’s Rumor (04/17/23) : Pick #3

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
It looks like Indy may trade up but not with the Cards. Texas apparently is now willing to trade its #2 overall pick to Indy for pick #4 plus Indy’s first round picks in 2024 & 2025. So trading down twice no longer seems realistic.

Last edited by a moderator:

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
It looks like Indy may trade up but not with the Cards. Texas apparently is now willing to trade its second round pick to Indy for pick #4 plus Indy’s first round picks in 2024 & 2025. So trading down twice no longer seems realistic.
I'm sure you meant second overall pick not second rounder. Interesting that Indy would enrich a division rival with two first round picks albeit for the 2nd QB.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Good, we can screw the Texans again by letting someone jump them at 4. They may be the only team dumber than us.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
I'm sure you meant second overall pick not second rounder. Interesting that Indy would enrich a division rival with two first round picks albeit for the 2nd QB.
Unless Harry went back and changed it, it looks right to me just the way it is now.

Cardinal88

Veteran
Reaction score
Harry, please clarify. I read that Indy would give up the #4 pick and #35 this year plus their 2024 #1 and 2025 #1. That seems like a lot.

BulldogCard

Veteran
Reaction score
I thought it would be 4, 76,106, and a 3rd from next year. But Indy can just stay put at #4 and draft a qb.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What I read it that the Texans only liked Young at QB and with him gone and them liking Wilson over Anderson, they can get Wilson at 4 or 5.

Now, the kicker is, they could trade the pick to Seattle so they could take Anderson.

In that event, Vegas may call to jump Indy for Stroud and we end up with Gonzalez.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
What I read it that the Texans only liked Young at QB and with him gone and them liking Wilson over Anderson, they can get Wilson at 4 or 5.

Now, the kicker is, they could trade the pick to Seattle so they could take Anderson.

In that event, Vegas may call to jump Indy for Stroud and we end up with Gonzalez.
I think Seattle wants Carter.

They have two edges in Uchenna Nwosu and Darnell Taylor who each had 9 sacks each. Slide Dre'Mont Jones and Carter in at tackle, and that's a scary front seven.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Texas GM is going to be fired according to a report I heard, yesterday. Must have been on ESPN or NFL channel. No idea if it's true or how it will affect Texas' draft.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
What I think is going to happen is that the Texans are going to take Anderson and the Cardinals will trade down with Atlanta or Tennessee for Stroud.

The Cardinals will get a Justin Fields type trade.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What I think is going to happen is that the Texans are going to take Anderson and the Cardinals will trade down with Atlanta or Tennessee for Stroud.

The Cardinals will get a Justin Fields type trade.
Looking more and more likely

Next week is almost here

Anticipation is running high for me right now :mrgreen:

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
All this chatter is to drum up more interest for the draft. Don't overthink it.

NFL is entertainment first and foremost, and second, and third.

Fitz4Ever

Veteran
Reaction score
The Texans are going to take Will Levis. They might have like Young, but hes going to Carolina...and I think he will be a bust.

Levis is ready to come in and run an NFL offense on day 1. He has the best arm/release in the draft by far. He slings it and gets it out super quick. Listen to some of the things Palmer and Manning have been saying about Levis in the past couple of days.

All this posturing is so they can try and get some stupid team to trade up for Richardson (who is also going to be a bust). The Texans will be the big winners in this draft if they trade down to #4....stockpile picks, and then take the QB they wanted all along.