Today’ Rumor: Pick 3

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
PFN, a respected site with several actual NFL former employees, in today’s mock speculates the Lions pay both their firsts and a second to move up and take Richardson. That offer could not be turned down. It‘s 2 virtually certain immediate starters including at least one likely Pro Bowl level player. It might be 3 starters.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
PFN, a respected site with several actual NFL former employees, in today’s mock speculates the Lions pay both their firsts and a second to move up and take Richardson. That offer could not be turned down. It‘s 2 virtually certain immediate starters including at least one likely Pro Bowl level player. It might be 3 starters.
I'd probably still want more. Another 2nd might make me do it.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

You must be registered for see images attach

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

It would surprise me because they seem very happy with Goff and Goff was actually pretty good last year, especially at the end of the year.

They can't get out of Goff this year in which case I'd rather wait until next years class for a QB personally.

But this is the NFL. Anything is possible (except the Texans not drafting a QB :))

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here are Detroit's current picks in the 2023 NFL Draft:
  • Round 1, Pick 6 from Rams.
  • Round 1, Pick 18.
  • Round 2, Pick 17 (48th overall)
  • Round 2, Pick 24 (55) from Vikings.
  • Round 3, Pick 18 (81)
  • Round 5, Pick 18 (152)
  • Round 6, Pick 6 (183) from Broncos.
  • Round 6, Pick 17 (194)

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Here are Detroit's current picks in the 2023 NFL Draft:
  • Round 1, Pick 6 from Rams.
  • Round 1, Pick 18.
  • Round 2, Pick 17 (48th overall)
  • Round 2, Pick 24 (55) from Vikings.
  • Round 3, Pick 18 (81)
  • Round 5, Pick 18 (152)
  • Round 6, Pick 6 (183) from Broncos.
  • Round 6, Pick 17 (194)
Take the 2 1sts from this year and #48....and a 2 from 2024.

I think Cards are still out on Carter, but they can likely get Wilson or Murphy at #6 and best remaining CB at 18...then OL with 48 and their own 2nd.

The DT from Clemson, Breesee, is probably in play, too in the 1st.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

I think Cards are still out on Carter, but they can likely get Wilson or Murphy at #6 and best remaining CB at 18...then OL with 48 and their own 2nd.

I think it would be wild not to utilize that 2nd first and the 2nd on the Oline. The Oline is atrocious and like it or not this team goes as far as Murray goes for at least the next 3-4 years

lobo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Carter to a shrink 3 times, rinse and repeat> get the okay on him>do the deal.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It would surprise me because they seem very happy with Goff and Goff was actually pretty good last year, especially at the end of the year.

They can't get out of Goff this year in which case I'd rather wait until next years class for a QB personally.

But this is the NFL. Anything is possible (except the Texans not drafting a QB :))
Must really feel he's the Mahomes to Goff's Alex Smith.

Not buying the trade happening though.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I think it would be wild not to utilize that 2nd first and the 2nd on the Oline. The Oline is atrocious and like it or not this team goes as far as Murray goes for at least the next 3-4 years
Maybe an RT with 18...jones can take over for Hump in a year or two but we need someone who can take over for Beachum right away.... jones suxx on the right side.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
I might take that deal and I'm team Anderson all the way but I have to doubt the Lions would ever offer it... for Richardson??
Richardson's floor is Seattle according to ESPN. If you want him you gotta jump them and probably Indy.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Richardson's floor is Seattle according to ESPN. If you want him you gotta jump them and probably Indy.
Seattle just paid Geno to start for at least the next two years (if memory serves correct). I just don't see them picking Richardson, I can see them trading the pick to someone who does pick Richardson though - if he's still there

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Seattle just paid Geno to start for at least the next two years (if memory serves correct). I just don't see them picking Richardson, I can see them trading the pick to someone who does pick Richardson though - if he's still there
Richardson is probably a 2 year development project, so he honestly could fit Seattle's timeline.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Richardson is probably a 2 year development project, so he honestly could fit Seattle's timeline.
All I know is I aint spending my 6th on a two year possibility/improbability especially when that 2024 QB draft class lies in wait

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Maybe, just maybe, the Lions are moving up to get Anderson before the Seahags can grab him at 5. Anderson completes that Lions D perfectly & is Campbells kind of guy. Could be win, win for both Cardinals & Lions. Only downside is that Detroit is an NFC team. With Detroit’s history of bad luck, I would take that risk.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
Maybe, just maybe, the Lions are moving up to get Anderson before the Seahags can grab him at 5. Anderson completes that Lions D perfectly & is Campbells kind of guy. Could be win, win for both Cardinals & Lions. Only downside is that Detroit is an NFC team. With Detroit’s history of bad luck, I would take that risk.
If the Lions would give that up for Anderson I wonder if Monty can fake out Indy to trade down to 4, than make the Lions trade. I'd do this deal without asking for me if that was the case since they'll be getting additional pick(s) from Indy. Without doing that I'd try to get something out of the Lions for the 24 draft.

LA Redbird

All Star
Reaction score
If the Lions would give that up for Anderson I wonder if Monty can fake out Indy to trade down to 4, than make the Lions trade. I'd do this deal without asking for me if that was the case since they'll be getting additional pick(s) from Indy. Without doing that I'd try to get something out of the Lions for the 24 draft.

If we double dip like that and only go back 3 picks, that's GM of the Year level stuff.

I'm in on Anderson. Very reluctant to pass on him. But there's always a way....

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

They can have Richardson sit behind Goff for a few years and develop into a star. If we're talking trade rumors I hear some buzz about Tennessee going up to 3.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose