To those that want Arians gone

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He just went 8-8 with 8 starters on IR and he won games with Blaine "it's a checkdown or an overthow" Gabbert at QB. Just look at the IR list, I highlighted the starters below. This is news to no one, but seeing it like this puts it into perspective. If Arians leaves, we will severely miss his leadership. He got something out of 3-4 levels of a pretty lackluster roster this year, and he did it with over a third of his starters hitting the IR.

You must be registered for see images attach

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I agree but what does one more year do? Do we really have a shot? I don't think so. Starting over requires someone new.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I agree but what does one more year do? Do we really have a shot? I don't think so. Starting over requires someone new.
we can reboot the team with BA... just need to have the guy agree to a five year extension so he int a lame duck, he also has to agree to let go of a few of his assistants that need to go

free agents dont like to go to teams with lame duck coaches,...the direction of the team is up in the air and the new coach may not play a style that gets them involved.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
The only reason I'm in the camp of letting him go is that I don't think there's enough retooling that could be done to this roster to win it all, and if he comes back, I think we try to do it again with Carson Palmer, who I just don't think has it.

I want a coach that we can rely on for the long haul, even if there are some growing pains that come with it.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
we can reboot the team with BA... just need to have the guy agree to a five year extension so he int a lame duck, he also has to agree to let go of a few of his assistants that need to go

free agents dont like to go to teams with lame duck coaches,...the direction of the team is up in the air and the new coach may not play a style that gets them involved.

I don’t think BA wants to coach another five years and I don’t think this team wins in it next year. Gotta move on, but thanks for the memories coach!

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am at the point where I do not care if he stays or leaves - just make a freaking decision already.

The entire pregame, in-game, and post-game announcing was blabber about whether BA was coming back or not.

Too much drama. Just spit it out already. SMH. It's just a distraction.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I am at the point where I do not care if he stays or leaves - just make a freaking decision already.

The entire pregame, in-game, and post-game announcing was blabber about whether BA was coming back or not.

Too much drama. Just spit it out already. SMH. It's just a distraction.

It's not his fault that the media keeps pushing it. He's said a million times over when he's going to make the decision, and it's after he talks to his family in the next 48 hours. That's fair.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's not his fault that the media keeps pushing it. He's said a million times over when he's going to make the decision, and it's after he talks to his family in the next 48 hours. That's fair.

Family shmamily. He knows whether he is returning or not.

I cannot stand Pete Carroll but his name recently appeared on a list of potentially retiring head coaches and he shot down that rumor immediately.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Pete might reconsider after today's decision to play for a FG. :)

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Family shmamily. He knows whether he is returning or not.

I cannot stand Pete Carroll but his name recently appeared on a list of potentially retiring head coaches and he shot down that rumor immediately.

Oh, you reader of minds and hearts BIM. Of course Arians, this frigging week, said reports of him quitting is "fake news", but you know him better than anyone it appears. Why dont you tweet Arians and tell him what he really thinks?

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh, you reader of minds and hearts BIM. Of course Arians, this frigging week, said reports of him quitting is "fake news", but you know him better than anyone it appears. Why dont you tweet Arians and tell him what he really thinks?

If he is truly on the fence and needs some time to make a decision - just retire. The game has passed him by if he honestly isn't sure whether to return or not, IMHO. What is he the Joe Biden of NFL coaches? :shrug: If his heart isn't in it then he should just quit. #nofixitnobiscuit

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For the record - I think he is coming back. I think he has more to prove. I believe he told the players before the game to rile them up and get them looking forward to next season. I believe Fitz and Palmer will also return and make a run for the playoffs and beyond. I also believe these moves can be done with much less drama.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Funny thought I had. BA was basing his decision on coming back or not on a win/lose to Seattle. If they lost, he would retire, if they won, he would coach again next year. We got our answer. ;)

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Funny thought I had. BA was basing his decision on coming back or not on a win/lose to Seattle. If they lost, he would retire, if they won, he would coach again next year. We got our answer. ;)
or...maybe he wanted to hit 50....and since he happened to do it on the last game of the season there is no reason to come back.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, but is it really impressive?
For the Cardinals it is.

Look, he averaged 10 wins a season. Are you so sure the next guy will do as well?

I am not. I hope the next guy is the greatest coach in nfl history. But in arizona, only the last two coaches could be described as above average.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I will remember BA fondly. We went 10-6, 11-5, and 13-3 under his initial run. He's a big part of making the Cardinals into a real NFL team and not the joke they were in the 90's.

Despite some who think he's the worst coach ever and a terrible human being, I liked him but I think for his health, the age of his coaching staff and the good of the franchise, it's probably time to ride off into the sunset.

I wish we would have hired him 10 years ago.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Listening to his son on the news, Arians needs to go, and should have gone last year. His loyalty to bad coaches costs the Cards multiple wins a year

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA