Tivo question

bratwurst

on double secret probation
Reaction score
Anyone know if there is a tivo box out there that I can hook to my computer somehow (network connection or directly through a cable of some sort) that will allow me to download the recorded files to my computer's hard drive?

I was thinking if that is possible, then I could get a DVD burner now that they are cheaper and be able to archive Cards games on dvd's, instead of having them on vhs tapes.

Any insight appreciated, thanks.

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by bratwurst
Anyone know if there is a tivo box out there that I can hook to my computer somehow (network connection or directly through a cable of some sort) that will allow me to download the recorded files to my computer's hard drive?

I was thinking if that is possible, then I could get a DVD burner now that they are cheaper and be able to archive Cards games on dvd's, instead of having them on vhs tapes.

Any insight appreciated, thanks.

Try visiting here:

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/

Check for an appropriate forum and someone there can help you. Those guys are nuts when it comes to Tivo.

Mike

OP
OP
bratwurst

bratwurst

on double secret probation
Reaction score
Originally posted by SirChaz
You could get a TV card and use the computer as the TIVO.

I think I looked into this before, but I didn't think it was possible to use a computer in a tivo role with directv involved. I need to grab the games from Directv with my sunday ticket subscription.

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
Originally posted by bratwurst
I think I looked into this before, but I didn't think it was possible to use a computer in a tivo role with directv involved. I need to grab the games from Directv with my sunday ticket subscription.

Ahhh I see.

If the card has a TV input for coax antenna or s-video I would think you could connect the Direct TV box to the PC as if the PC were a television.

You would have to watch what you are recording and would have to make sure the DTV box was on and turned to the correct station but I think it could work.

There are some cards from Matrox that have an external connections box that may work.

Just a thought. Let us know what you figure out.

Good Luck :cool: