This is a difficult draft

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Uhhhh you’ve received the most flak for your position on kyler. There was limited, at best, “X” history on kyler and Frankly what “X” existed was virtually all positive (from a football perspective). You earned the flak based on your seemingly unfounded fears of all worst case scenarios that really didn’t play out.

Gotta be honest, I was not a fan of drafting Kyler. It was before my time here but that's where I was. It was nothing against Kyler, although like many I had concerns about it size. It was just the statistical odds of it working.

Undersized, 1 year starter, only played in elite offense behind elite O line etc etc. Plus the fact we drafted a QB the year before.

It worked, I'm glad it did, but I don't think anyone should be hit over the head with their belief that it was a risky move just because it worked. There was way more potential for us to look like idiots than for it to work out.

If you were in an aeroplane and your friend said "I'm jumping out without a parachute. Don't worry I'll be fine" you would really try to stop him. If by sheer luck he landed in a giant stack of hay it wouldn't make it a smart decision.