Third ‘Walking Dead’ series coming in 2020

OP
OP
Town Drunk

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
I gave up on TWD at the start of this season and gave up on Fear halfway through the first season. With ratings continuing to drop, I don’t know how they expect this to work.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I gave up on TWD at the start of this season and gave up on Fear halfway through the first season. With ratings continuing to drop, I don’t know how they expect this to work.

This season of TWD was really, really good at times.

Season 1 of fear was bad IMO, 2 was okay, 3 was amazing and 4 was on par. It has really come into its own.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
This season of TWD was really, really good at times.

Season 1 of fear was bad IMO, 2 was okay, 3 was amazing and 4 was on par. It has really come into its own.

How would you go on to know how the later seasons were if the first one sucked? Why keep watching, especially with the glut of quality TV nowadays? Just curious.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How would you go on to know how the later seasons were if the first one sucked? Why keep watching, especially with the glut of quality TV nowadays? Just curious.

I love the original and kept hoping for improvement assuming it would get better. It took longer than expected. This is my favorite genre of horror type movies so its easy for me to get absorbed. FTWD had good things in season one, I just had a hard time liking characters. Season two was much better but still had a lot of nonsense mixed with brilliance. Season two is worth a watch but if you are impatient, just skip to seasons 3 and 4, they are fantastic.

I don't watch much TV to be honest. Ive seen all of TWD and FTWD, Ozark and Breaking bad. Outside of that, I probably havent seen it if it came out in the last 5-8 years. No GoT, no vikings, none of it.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I love the original and kept hoping for improvement assuming it would get better. It took longer than expected. This is my favorite genre of horror type movies so its easy for me to get absorbed. FTWD had good things in season one, I just had a hard time liking characters. Season two was much better but still had a lot of nonsense mixed with brilliance. Season two is worth a watch but if you are impatient, just skip to seasons 3 and 4, they are fantastic.

I don't watch much TV to be honest. Ive seen all of TWD and FTWD, Ozark and Breaking bad. Outside of that, I probably havent seen it if it came out in the last 5-8 years. No GoT, no vikings, none of it.

Ah, I think your latter explanation explains it. As it was connected to TWD, and as you don't watch a lot of new stuff, that makes a heck of a lot of sense. Cool.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ah, I think your latter explanation explains it. As it was connected to TWD, and as you don't watch a lot of new stuff, that makes a heck of a lot of sense. Cool.

I just love the universe and the original, its kinda like sitting through bad hellraiser movies because the next one might be amazing.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I had given up after season two because of how it was. I binged season 3 out of boredom after it was done and got brought back in kind of. I watched this last season when ever I had nothing else to do. I could take it or leave it, but I'll give the new series a chance hoping they learned from the mistakes of FTWD.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had given up after season two because of how it was. I binged season 3 out of boredom after it was done and got brought back in kind of. I watched this last season when ever I had nothing else to do. I could take it or leave it, but I'll give the new series a chance hoping they learned from the mistakes of FTWD.

You didnt love seasons 3 and 4? I thought it finally became a great show. That scene with the scalped guy with the crow picking at his brain was amazing. The psycho brother, all that stuff.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You didnt love seasons 3 and 4? I thought it finally became a great show. That scene with the scalped guy with the crow picking at his brain was amazing. The psycho brother, all that stuff.

I think my issue was all three turn over that happened so quick made it hard to root for anyone. Don't get me wrong, season 3 was soooooo much better, I just didn't have anyone thst drew me in. Then in season 4, the story jumped so much with soooooo many new characters, I felt I had to really pay attention. I'll still watch, but season 1 and 2 made it hard to keep the love going.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
the last season was pretty good

this is bound to fail just like FTWD which I never even contemplated to watch

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the last season was pretty good

this is bound to fail just like FTWD which I never even contemplated to watch
FTWD didnt fail, is the second highest rated show behind TWD and the last two seasons have been stellar.