There’s still a possibility we draft Nabers

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
Starting LTs can be found in later rounds. If you need a 10 year franchise LT, that's usually done in the first half of the first round.
Draft positional value matters. Elite QB, Edge, OT and WR are almost always found in the top of the 1st. We are not drafting QB, there is no Edge worthy of the #4 pick. The pick has to be OT or WR if staying at #4

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
While Humps injury sucks, it maybe a silver lining that it happened when it did, right before FA and draft and not early in the 24 season where we would probably be unprepared for it fully. Now we can address tackle in FA and / or draft for the foreseeable future which the luxury of two 1st rounders.

Rohinaz

All Star
Reaction score
While Humps injury sucks, it maybe a silver lining that it happened when it did, right before FA and draft and not early in the 24 season where we would probably be unprepared for it fully. Now we can address tackle in FA and / or draft for the foreseeable future which the luxury of two 1st rounders.
We have 3 quality tackles on the team. Hump is under contract for 2 more years, still in his prime we could extend him. Even if they draft a tackle high, they likely wouldn't start over beachum or hump.

We definitely need a WR1, a LG, CB and DT.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
If someone claims that LTs are constantly being picked in the top ten, the first thing I do is check to see how many teams have starting LTs who were drafted in the top ten.

Just checked the rosters and 7 of 32 teams have starting LTs that were drafted in the top ten of the first round.

As I've been saying for years - you can build a solid line without using a top pick for a lineman. Most teams have a mix of one or two 1st rounders (some high but mostly middle to late round) a couple from the 2nd or 3rd rounds, and then lower picks or even UDFA players.

I could see us picking an offensive lineman with a high pick this year had we not just done that last season. As I pointed out, most teams do not have multiple OL top picks, regardless of where they play on the line.
That's actually a lot of LTs. A full 21%. If you expand that out to the first round I bet it's close to 50%.

Not every draft has an Alt and Fashanu.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't think anything is off the table.

I still think MHJ is there at #4 though. Lots of talk teams have Daniels high on their boards and will only get higher when they speak to him as his football IQ is supposed to be next level.

Teams are going to looking at CJ Stroud and thinking Daniels could be that with legs.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We have 3 quality tackles on the team. Hump is under contract for 2 more years, still in his prime we could extend him. Even if they draft a tackle high, they likely wouldn't start over beachum or hump.

We definitely need a WR1, a LG, CB and DT.
I like Beachum but he is not a quality starting OT in the NFL. Hump is a solid LT but he probably won't play next year.
PPJ is our hope and I believe he will be at least a quality LT.

We have to get another OT this off-season via FA or fairly early in the draft.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

I still think MHJ is there at #4 though. Lots of talk teams have Daniels high on their boards and will only get higher when they speak to him as his football IQ is supposed to be next level.

Teams are going to looking at CJ Stroud and thinking Daniels could be that with legs.
As impressive as CJ Stroud is I hope Lamar vastly outplays him.

Need Lamar to prove his style, even though he's been throwing more from the pocket this year, works in the playoffs to boost up Daniels.

Who knows. It might convince Washington to take him to try and up the buzz in their market. Pats would automatically take Maye.

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
More on topic with the OP;

Honest question. Dont you kind of neutralize a good percentage of Nabors' insane skill set by pairing him with a QB who is not as tall as whats considered ideal? It makes sense to me that a huge QB can find a smaller receiver. And a smaller QB can find a big bodied WR1. But a smaller QB to a smaller WR seems to makes things a bit difficult, potentially limiting all the good things each of them so separately.

Just a thought...

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
More on topic with the OP;

Honest question. Dont you kind of neutralize a good percentage of Nabors' insane skill set by pairing him with a QB who is not as tall as whats considered ideal? It makes sense to me that a huge QB can find a smaller receiver. And a smaller QB can find a big bodied WR1. But a smaller QB to a smaller WR seems to makes things a bit difficult, potentially limiting all the good things each of them so separately.

Just a thought...
Nabers is 6'1", 200 lbs

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If someone claims that LTs are constantly being picked in the top ten, the first thing I do is check to see how many teams have starting LTs who were drafted in the top ten.

Just checked the rosters and 7 of 32 teams have starting LTs that were drafted in the top ten of the first round.

As I've been saying for years - you can build a solid line without using a top pick for a lineman. Most teams have a mix of one or two 1st rounders (some high but mostly middle to late round) a couple from the 2nd or 3rd rounds, and then lower picks or even UDFA players.

I could see us picking an offensive lineman with a high pick this year had we not just done that last season. As I pointed out, most teams do not have multiple OL top picks, regardless of where they play on the line.
The question is, do you have the OL coaching to get the most out of those lower round picks?

Next question is, are one of these guys a projected hall of Fame, can’t miss prospects? We know they CAN miss but little way to be certain when the pick is made.

I tend to agree with some of your line of thinking on this but if Alt or Fashanu are really as good as people say…

Obviously, the only one who has a say is MO

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Daniels has got to be a red herring, I just don't see him as a top 5 QB. Maybe I'm a salty ASU fan, but I've watched that dude for years and was never that impressed. 1 great year at LSU doesn't change my opinion of him.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Daniels has got to be a red herring, I just don't see him as a top 5 QB. Maybe I'm a salty ASU fan, but I've watched that dude for years and was never that impressed. 1 great year at LSU doesn't change my opinion of him.
My thinking is that:

1. He really, finally figured it out.

Or

2. He now has so much experience that the college game became easy for him.

We watched him at ASU struggle to make routine college passing plays for years. If I were looking for a QB, I wouldn't touch him with a ten foot pole

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah but Burrow didn't have years of struggle on tape. He was maddeningly inconsistent at ASU. Emory Jones a total JAG played better than him once he left.

He was between 18 and 20 when playing for ASU. That's way young. Harsh to judge him on those years.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
But at 4 I think thats a little high but Monte and Gannon have a better idea Just no More Clyde Duncan's or Bryant Johnsons PLEASE!!!!

Assuming all are available when we pick, between MJH/Odunze and Nabers, what do you think is the % chance that the Arizona Cardinals select the WR that will ultimately be the best out of the three?