There’s A Sense of Hope in Arizona, Not Much Else

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure where SI are getting that there is hope from if I'm honest...

Predicted final record: 3–14, fourth in NFC West

Position of weakness: Defensive line​

The Cardinals might have the worst defensive front in the league with a lack of playmakers at edge rusher and interior defensive line. Arizona could be flirting with the idea of moving Zaven Collins, a 2021 first-round pick, from inside linebacker to helping on the outside. Perhaps the team gets an immediate impact from edge rusher BJ Ojulari, this year’s second-round pick. But the Cardinals might not have answers at interior defensive line after neglecting the position this offseason.

Ouch, truth is out there

They have neglected the Dline and it's out there for the league to know

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It is going to be a long season as the Cards are not interested in signing any free agents to help fill the many holes.

Last edited:

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

The Cardinals might have the worst defensive front in the league with a lack of playmakers at edge rusher and interior defensive line. Arizona could be flirting with the idea of moving Zaven Collins, a 2021 first-round pick, from inside linebacker to helping on the outside. Perhaps the team gets an immediate impact from edge rusher BJ Ojulari, this year’s second-round pick. But the Cardinals might not have answers at interior defensive line after neglecting the position this offseason.

Ouch, truth is out there

On a positive note, if Collins works out at edge, we could have a solid, if unspectacular, group of edge rushers.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score

Ouch, truth is out there

-picked up a couple in the draft this year, let’s see what they do now? Couple 1st round linebackers before that. I believe in building from the draft, but don’t trust all the assessments - more -aid advocacy - let’s rebuild them in the guts , run the damned ball, stop the run.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
-picked up a couple in the draft this year, let’s see what they do now? Couple 1st round linebackers before that. I believe in building from the draft, but don’t trust all the assessments - more -aid advocacy - let’s rebuild them in the guts , run the damned ball, stop the run.
This

Stout

Reaction score
Which we very much haven't done at the DL position. Quite the opposite, in fact. I find this damning.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Well if we pass on Caleb then we’ll use one of those top picks for the best pass-rusher…and I bet there’s no Von Miller in 2024

THESMEL

Reaction score
Which we very much haven't done at the DL position. Quite the opposite, in fact. I find this damning.

Arizona Cardinals

LB Owen Pappoe
Drafted:
No. 168, fifth round round
Impressive stat to know: 4.39 in the 40-yard dash at the 2023 combine

Clearly, Pappoe is a rocket to the football. He's faster than most NFL wide receivers and plays to that level of speed on film. While not a tremendous, Fred Warner-type coverage player, being as fast as Pappoe is a great initial attribute to start with as he learns that nuance of playing the off-ball position. Zaven Collins and Isaiah Simmons were two oversized off-ball linebacker / safety hybrids who've taking excruciatingly long to acclimate to being a full-time second-level defender in the NFL. Pappoe is the opposite of that. He's high floor because of how well he tackles and how explosive he is. Youngsters will play in Arizona this season, and Pappoe will be a tackling machine.

Stout

Reaction score

Arizona Cardinals

LB Owen Pappoe
Drafted:
No. 168, fifth round round
Impressive stat to know: 4.39 in the 40-yard dash at the 2023 combine

Clearly, Pappoe is a rocket to the football. He's faster than most NFL wide receivers and plays to that level of speed on film. While not a tremendous, Fred Warner-type coverage player, being as fast as Pappoe is a great initial attribute to start with as he learns that nuance of playing the off-ball position. Zaven Collins and Isaiah Simmons were two oversized off-ball linebacker / safety hybrids who've taking excruciatingly long to acclimate to being a full-time second-level defender in the NFL. Pappoe is the opposite of that. He's high floor because of how well he tackles and how explosive he is. Youngsters will play in Arizona this season, and Pappoe will be a tackling machine.
Why did you re-post a rookie linebacker's profile while quoting my comment about our woeful DL? Irrelevant.

THESMEL

Reaction score
Why did you re-post a rookie linebacker's profile while quoting my comment about our woeful DL? Irrelevant.
Well that may help our d line, by freeing up 4 bigger backers in coverage. Just talking hope dude, I mean I never seen such glowing report before on him.