The Video Game Twitter Thread

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll check it out. The haptic triggers sound interesting.

At the same time:

We don't ever live-chat while gaming, so mic is not relevant to me or the Mrs.
Rechargeable batteries are fine for our use because we always have a couple of spares charged and ready.

Trust me, this isn't some anti-Playstation thing or raging xbox fanboi thing, I just don't have the time or enough patience to start thinking in circles and triangles and constantly twitching on the wrong button.
I have spare batteries as well, but there is nothing worse than being at a critical part of the game online and you lose your controller. The different button circle/triangle isn't a big deal either. Both Xbox and PS use the same controller scheme on almost all games.

jbjarko

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think when I redo (a la finish) my basement I'm going to put a console down there. I've always been a PC guy but honestly haven't even set it up since we moved to MSP. I think I'll be more inclined to play on a console. Have they really improved?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think when I redo (a la finish) my basement I'm going to put a console down there. I've always been a PC guy but honestly haven't even set it up since we moved to MSP. I think I'll be more inclined to play on a console. Have they really improved?
Since when? How far back are we talking about?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At least from the previous generations. PC guys generally loathe consoles.
They shouldn't. Dozens of experiences that you don't get otherwise. And while the graphics of a console don't hold a candle to my 3080TI, they do an admirable job for the most part.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have spare batteries as well, but there is nothing worse than being at a critical part of the game online and you lose your controller. The different button circle/triangle isn't a big deal either. Both Xbox and PS use the same controller scheme on almost all games.

I was thinking about this last night. Makes even more sense for them just to relent and let us use whichever controller we freakin' want! I'm sure that controller money is big because everybody wears them out eventually, but still. :madarms:

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was thinking about this last night. Makes even more sense for them just to relent and let us use whichever controller we freakin' want! I'm sure that controller money is big because everybody wears them out eventually, but still. :madarms:
They should, but I wouldn't expect it. Controllers make a good chunk of money for these companies.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Same. Used to play it at SuperFun, the arcade at Los Arcos Mall on a mid-level floor below the mall but above the downstairs movie theaters (eventually Harkins).
I used to take my grade school report card and get free tokens there.
My fav was the Star Wars game on the left wall down the hall. Could totally blow up the Death Star at 5-6 years old. Had to stand on those white little stands they had.

Of course Dragon's lair blew my mind as well.