The Video Game Twitter Thread

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
One of my favorite arcade games of all time.
my D&D group laughed at my old ass...we were traveling. and the DM took the time to describe in fetail these ancient ruins on the horizon...so I insisted on going there... because they "flashed"... they didnt know what I meant, so I explained..... but...they didnt flash apparently, DM was just in a talkative mood

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

What fun memories this brings up. A groundbreaking game at the time.

Arcades were in their heyday. I remember when they rolled this sucker in and our heads exploded at the $0.50! Even worse was when we had no idea what we were doing and that half dollar was gone in 30-40 seconds! :computer: All of the sudden that fiver Mom gave me was squandered in half the time.

Once someone figured it out, there would be a crowd gathered around to watch the animation play out. That dude was the King of the Arcade for a beautiful moment in time. :burgerking:

Somewhere along the way I picked this up in the M$ store and you could make it so you could easily finish the story. I want to say it was maybe 20 minutes or so to complete with the cutscenes and such, but it's been a while and I could be way off.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dear Higher Power, please don't let these all be Playstation exclusives. Throw this dog an xbone. Thank you.
Dear Higher Power, please let Wolverine and Iron Man be even 75% as good as the Spiderman series.

There are good enough Playstation exclusives to warrant getting the console. After many many years, I used to get games that weren't exclusive on Xbox. I finally started getting them on Playstation and I don't regret it. Graphics are usually better. There's no issue with Quick Resume not working right like on Xbox, and most importantly, I can use the Playstation controller's built in microphone so I don't always have to wear a headset. After wearing one for work, I don't want to game with one to play with buddies if I can avoid it.

BTW, I have an extra digital copy of Horizon Forbidden West that I would give away to someone. (if I like them enough) :D

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Dear Higher Power, please let Wolverine and Iron Man be even 75% as good as the Spiderman series.

There are good enough Playstation exclusives to warrant getting the console. After many many years, I used to get games that weren't exclusive on Xbox. I finally started getting them on Playstation and I don't regret it. Graphics are usually better. There's no issue with Quick Resume not working right like on Xbox, and most importantly, I can use the Playstation controller's built in microphone so I don't always have to wear a headset. After wearing one for work, I don't want to game with one to play with buddies if I can avoid it.

BTW, I have an extra digital copy of Horizon Forbidden West that I would give away to someone. (if I like them enough) :D
Yeah it sucks for me that you hate me. :)

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes but do you like me enough to give me a digital copy of Horizon Forbidden West? ;)
Let's go with.. I don't dislike you enough to not give it to you. ;)

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The day I can use the Xbox controller on the PS5, I'll buy the console. I picked up a PS4 on a Black Friday deal and picked up a couple games, namely Spiderman. I couldn't make it through the first boss because I couldn't ever get past the controller layout and feel. I still have the console and it probably has less than two hours of use on it.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
The day I can use the Xbox controller on the PS5, I'll buy the console. I picked up a PS4 on a Black Friday deal and picked up a couple games, namely Spiderman. I couldn't make it through the first boss because I couldn't ever get past the controller layout and feel. I still have the console and it probably has less than two hours of use on it.
Interesting. I've never had an issue with the controllers on either system. The expensive Pro controller is amazing on the Xbox, but as far as the standard controllers, I don't have a lot of complaints about either one. But the Switch, though...

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting. I've never had an issue with the controllers on either system. The expensive Pro controller is amazing on the Xbox, but as far as the standard controllers, I don't have a lot of complaints about either one. But the Switch, though...

Yeah, most people seem to be able to manage both without major problems. Old dogs, new tricks kind of thing I guess.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
PS5 controller is probably the best controller ever made so far. It is big enough and comfortable enough for someone with larger hands. Plus the built in microphone for chat, built in battery so you don't have to swap out batteries, and the haptic triggers make it a couple notches above the Xbox one. Again, this is someone who comes from, and still does a large majority of gaming on Xbox.

If you haven't held a first part PS5 controller, you should check it out.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
PS5 controller is probably the best controller ever made so far. It is big enough and comfortable enough for someone with larger hands. Plus the built in microphone for chat, built in battery so you don't have to swap out batteries, and the haptic triggers make it a couple notches above the Xbox one. Again, this is someone who comes from, and still does a large majority of gaming on Xbox.

Yeah the PS5 controller is pretty good. The PS4 one is essentially just a repurposed PS3 controller.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah the PS5 controller is pretty good. The PS4 one is essentially just a repurposed PS3 controller.
I barely played the PS4 as well outside of the really good exclusives because of the controller, so I get where puckhead is coming from.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'll check it out. The haptic triggers sound interesting.

At the same time:

We don't ever live-chat while gaming, so mic is not relevant to me or the Mrs.
Rechargeable batteries are fine for our use because we always have a couple of spares charged and ready.

Trust me, this isn't some anti-Playstation thing or raging xbox fanboi thing, I just don't have the time or enough patience to start thinking in circles and triangles and constantly twitching on the wrong button.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard