The Suns next big move

Discussion in 'Phoenix Suns' started by JCSunsfan, Nov 2, 2019.

1. CardsSunsDbacks

CardsSunsDbacks ASFN Contributor Contributor

Man that would be a ridiculously potent lineup on both ends of the floor.

2. JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan Registered User

I think given who his agent is, it makes even more sense. Rich Paul is the most opportunistic person on the planet. He has no sense of loyalty. However, if AD starts thinking that RP rates LeBron's interests over AD's things could sour too.

LeBron's history with Kyrie shows it could happen.

Monty Williams and James Jones soften the Sarver negative. Even then, I think RPaul's biggest problem with the Suns was McD and he is gone.

Just read this. Look at AD's and RPaul's comments. There is wiggle room here.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...onvince-anthony-davis-to-stay-in-la-long-term

Just google "Will Anthony Davis stay in LA?" and look at the article titles.

The Suns are at a point where they can make a pitch to ONE free agent player that signing with the Suns not only makes the team a perennial contender, but potentially an NBA dynasty. That is a powerful argument and the Suns have not been in this position since they traded for Charles Barkley.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2019
  3. Phrazbit

Phrazbit Registered

Agreed.

I could see him forcing his way out in a few years if LeBron falls apart and retires, but I cannot picture him leaving before then.

4. 1Sun

1Sun Registered

Sadly, they were in this position in 2005, but instead of bringing in the piece to take them over the top, they let one of their core pieces go...

5. Mainstreet

Mainstreet Registered User Contributor

The situations are different but the Raptors gave up a lot to get Leonard. The difference is Leonard didn't want to go to the Raptors.

Anything is possible but it is probably a 2-3 seasons away if it happened.

6. 1Sun

1Sun Registered

And Leonard didn't specifically orchestrate things for the purpose of going to the Raptors. The Lakers were always Davis's objective. Things there would have to fall apart drastically for Davis to leave (and right now, it looks like the Lakers are likely to win it all)...

7. Mainstreet

It's not going to happen right away if Davis leaves. Still if he wins a title or two he might decide to leave. It's all speculation anyway.

8. Krangthebrain

Krangthebrain Captain of Team Murray

You are wrong again, this past week there was an article that stated Davis really wanted to go to the Knicks but the Knicks didnt want to give up what it would take to get him.

9. Mainstreet

Here is an excerpt from the ESPN article for those who might not have read about it:

Unlike other major stars recently, Davis had expressed interest in playing for the Knicks. But Mills and Perry told people they were turned off by the Pelicans' high asking price of multiple first-round picks plus multiple young players, even though the Knicks had that type of package thanks to their Porzingis trade. They said it would have undercut their long-range plan of building through the draft and developing picks into stars.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/28066162/how-knicks-got-mess-their-own-words

10. Yuma

Yuma Passed my 90 days! Thanks BigRedRage!

Basically, I think resigning Baynes may be our next big move. Think about Baynes and Ayton on the floor at the same time! Both guys have range defensively, and can block shots! We have seen how effective Baynes can be. His skills and Ayton's would be like Ham and Eggs. Neither, or both would be centers/power forwards. Because of Ayton's suspension we didn't get to see this yet. It will happen at some point after the suspension. Just think now when Baynes and Saric are in together and how well that works, but Ayton plays much better D and has a better jump shot too!

11. JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan Registered User

There is some value in this as an alternative. Ayton fills the AD role and Baynes fills the Ayton role I guess.

Still. AD is the better option, and we have seen things turn a lot lately.

I have every confidence that most NBA players will do what is in their own best interest. We have to make it AD's best interest to come here.

12. Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown I'm better than Mulli!

I’ll have whatever you guys are smoking that think there’s a snowballs chance in Arizona of AD landing here.

elindholm and Finito like this.
  13. Finito

Finito Registered

yeah let’s get real here

14. CardsSunsDbacks

CardsSunsDbacks ASFN Contributor Contributor

Meh. There is a connection with our coach and a Kentucky connection with Booker. We may potentially be looking at being a playoff team with about 50 wins. Not saying that makes it likely , but it certainly seems to make it at least somewhat of a possibility.

15. Hoop Head

Hoop Head Señor Caca Cabeza Contributor

When things start to sour in LA this year then I'll start thinking of AD as a possibility but until that happens it's not even a pipe dream.