The Sky is Falling

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Can we trade Carter away for a 2nd rd draft pick or somethin?

If we trade him away, then either Dudley or Pietrus can start at the 2 and Dragic can be the SG with Dowdell stayin at PG.

Dragic is not a true PG and will likely never be one. Z runs the bnch unit much better and it will be helpful to utilize Dragic's shooting skills with him playin off the ball.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
But I like Pietrus and Dudley. Its just that Carter gets minutes.

Pietrus is often good defensively but is a black hole on offense. Once he gets the ball, the play is over, and you just have to hope he makes whatever shot he decides to chuck up. That's a bad situation when he's shooting only 37% overall and 32% from behind the arc.

I like Dudley and it's possible he could log major minutes at SG, but the Suns use him almost entirely at SF as Hill's backup.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is just ridiculous. Smith would fit perfectly. He can score in a variety of ways, he is a very good defender, and a pretty good rebounder. Yeah, it would be nice if he had another inch and 10lb, but he is a legitimate power forward.

Also, I think that playing next to a real Center (Gortat and Lopez) would make him even more effective than he is now, playing alongside another PF (Hartford.)

I think there is zero chance that Hawks trade him to Phoenix, but if they offered him for Carter and a pick or two (along with another player to make salaries work,) the Suns should make that trade.
\

They would want a C and a pg. Lopez and Nash or Dragic (plus whatever)

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
BTW, when I look at standings, the loss column is the key. We are only two games out of sixth place in the loss column.