The Rebuild Theory

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
i think its about a coach that Murray respects
Oh, it's way past time to coddle Murray or pander to his "respect." Hire a strong coaching staff with both the wisdom to cajole him into listening/improving and the ability to come down on him like a ton of bricks if he won't listen. IDGAF who this kid respects any longer--it's put up or shut up time from him. He doesn't want to listen? There's the pine, whiny child. Ride it.

Man, KM has really soured me this season. All the bad traits times ten this year.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Oh, it's way past time to coddle Murray or pander to his "respect." Hire a strong coaching staff with both the wisdom to cajole him into listening/improving and the ability to come down on him like a ton of bricks if he won't listen. IDGAF who this kid respects any longer--it's put up or shut up time from him. He doesn't want to listen? There's the pine, whiny child. Ride it.

Man, KM has really soured me this season. All the bad traits times ten this year.
its not about coddling him

i am interesting in the fastest route to winning football games, not teaching Kyler a life lesson in maturity.

I believe the coach most likely to get Kyler to make the changes in his game that are necessary is a coach with a track record ---

not a young guy who has 0 experience in leading a team

Stout

Reaction score

i am interesting in the fastest route to winning football games, not teaching Kyler a life lesson in maturity.

I believe the coach most likely to get Kyler to make the changes in his game that are necessary is a coach with a track record ---

On the latter point in your post, I couldn't agree more. On the former, Kyler MUST learn a life lesson in maturity or he'll never be the QB we need him to be. Getting his head right is the fastest route to winning football games--once he recovers physically as well, of course.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

I'm more interested in finding an offensive coordinator and QB coach to help unlock KM's potential.

The OC is the key.

A Head Coach, in my mind, should be the well-organised leader of the team writ large.

Belichek, Carrol, Harbaugh, McDermott, Tomlin, etc.

DeMeco Ryans may fit this category.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Amen on this. Don’t give two ***** if Kyler needs to respect the next head coach. Would love to see Bill Parcells coach this kid.

Stout

Reaction score
I'm more interested in finding an offensive coordinator and QB coach to help unlock KM's potential.

The OC is the key.

A Head Coach, in my mind, should be the well-organised leader of the team writ large.

Belichek, Carrol, Harbaugh, McDermott, Tomlin, etc.

DeMeco Ryans may fit this category.
Sound logic here.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
Thanks...

May sound odd, but I'd consider Drew Brees for OC or QC.

Get to pick Payton's brain without the exorbitant cost.

I'd like to see more experience for OC but I'd be down for QC. It might be beneficial to Kyler to have a coach how had similar height challenges. I'm betting Drew has a few tricks from his time in the league.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'd like to see more experience for OC but I'd be down for QC. It might be beneficial to Kyler to have a coach how had similar height challenges. I'm betting Drew has a few tricks from his time in the league.

Doesn't have to be an o-coordinator. They can create a title in addition to the Quarterback coach that involves creating passing designs.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
One thing that haunts me is the pre-Denny Rod Graves era where we let OL rebuilding pass us by for several years in a row.

We need a GM who is proactive and coaches who are creative at fixing what’s broke - both in the playbook and personnel-wise.

I get that KK was supposed to be that coach, but it just didn’t happen, (wrong guy). But there’s nothing wrong with the theory - find another dude. As for Keim, I’d be happy with a tough, proactive smart guy to replace him. There must be a few of those guys out there. (I’m thinking guys like Dick Lynch with SF or the GM with the NYG - who turned things around quickly). And I wouldn’t ignore A-Dub too as our new GM.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose