The reason why DJ31 was not in that 3rd and 2 play

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
Just heard on the radio that DJ told media today the reason he wasn't in there - he had a mental error on the previous play where he failed to pick up a blitz (or missed a block). Coaches took him out so he could have a conversation with the running backs coach. :oops:

Now we can put the topic to rest!

Last edited:

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Just heard on the radio that DJ told media today the reason he wasn't in there - he had a mental error on the previous play where he failed to pick up a blitz. Coaches took him out so he could have a conversation with the running backs coach. :oops:

Who the hell cares if he missed a blitz pickup when the game is on line. Run DJ behind your fullback twice. OMG these coaches. Every freaking one of them.

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
Just heard on the radio that DJ told media today the reason he wasn't in there - he had a mental error on the previous play where he failed to pick up a blitz. Coaches took him out so he could have a conversation with the running backs coach. :oops:

Yes I feel much better now, having a conversation with the coach is much more important than actually having your best player in the game at that crucial moment.

:sarcasm:

stewdog1

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I hope the coach taught DJ and the entire team a lesson. That lesson is if you screw up we will make darn sure that we lose this game.

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just heard on the radio that DJ told media today the reason he wasn't in there - he had a mental error on the previous play where he failed to pick up a blitz (or missed a block). Coaches took him out so he could have a conversation with the running backs coach. :oops:

So we didn't actually lose the game?/Instead we had a really engaging conversation on the sideline? Go out there, Big Red, and articulate your *sses off.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Singletary won some games...his pants on the ground> thumb in the arse.

gbrim21

Veteran
Reaction score
Is this for real? And is it really supposed to make fans feel better? The only viable reason, after a TV break, is that he tweaked his ankle and wasn't 100%.

I don't want to hear that Uncle Wilks put him in time-out because he misbehaved by missing a blitz and needed to think about what he did. What a freaking joke.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So we didn't actually lose the game?/Instead we had a really engaging conversation on the sideline? Go out there, Big Red, and articulate your *sses off.

Articulate the ball down the field.

Sincerely,

Hank Stram

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Worst coached team in the league.

Well, I like Hue Jackson but 2-32 is the worst coached team for now. I would balance that by saying they look much better this year and will win more games than us.

Todd Bowles may be right there as well (worst coach).

Both of these guys have had a much larger sample size of games.

I give Wilks the benefit of the doubt through 3 games. Certainly have seen a lot of *%$@ I don't agree with but might be some growing pains as a rookie HC. That being said, he will never have a good enough defense to employ a ground and pound offense in today's NFL.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope the coach taught DJ and the entire team a lesson. That lesson is if you screw up we will make darn sure that we lose this game.

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

lol.

man, this team so far this year...

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score

I thought I heard DJ was visibly upset on the sidelines...is that true (he has every right to be upset...game plan and key play on the bench)?

DJ is probably being a team player and saying the PC thing.

No matter what...its a bs call.

Big D

...and STILL...
Reaction score
I thought I heard DJ was visibly upset on the sidelines...is that true (he has every right to be upset...game plan and key play on the bench)?

DJ is probably being a team player and saying the PC thing.

No matter what...its a bs call.

When they took him out of the game for the series after he scored he went over to the offensive coaches and appeared to be protesting or at least wanting to say something only to be shooed away. He then had a sarcastic looking smile as if to say “seriously??”

I went back and watched it again a couple times to make sure I wasn’t just imagining things and it’s there. Take a look for yourself if you dvr’d the game.

It was pretty shocking to see a player of Johnson’s calibur and importance treated that way especially considering the guy behind him has done absolutely nothing in this league.

The momentum of the game flipped at that point and the Cards obviously never regained it.

Reactions: PJ1

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson