The Predator (AKA Predator 4)

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fox Rebooting 'Predator' With Shane Black

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/fox-rebooting-predator-shane-black-714598

The ’80s action classic Predator is getting the reboot treatment from 20th Century Fox.

But before some purists cry foul, they should know that this reboot comes with an interesting attachment: Shane Black, the venerable screenwriter behind Lethal Weapon and writer-director of Kiss Kiss Bang Bang and Iron Man 3.

Black will write the treatment for the project, then will hand over scripting duties to Fred Dekker, his university chum with whom he wrote 1987’s Monster Squad. Black will oversee the writing and is also attached to direct.

---------------------------------

Here is Black in the original Predator (as Hawkins):

You must be registered for see images attach

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fox Rebooting 'Predator' With Shane Black

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/fox-rebooting-predator-shane-black-714598

The ’80s action classic Predator is getting the reboot treatment from 20th Century Fox.

But before some purists cry foul, they should know that this reboot comes with an interesting attachment: Shane Black, the venerable screenwriter behind Lethal Weapon and writer-director of Kiss Kiss Bang Bang and Iron Man 3.

Black will write the treatment for the project, then will hand over scripting duties to Fred Dekker, his university chum with whom he wrote 1987’s Monster Squad. Black will oversee the writing and is also attached to direct.

---------------------------------

Here is Black in the original Predator (as Hawkins):

If Black isn't in the movie, who is going to tell all those bad jokes?

I'm not sold because he's involved, I'm sold because this is one of those movies that I loved but always felt it could have been even better. But does this generation even have a Bill Duke or Sonny?

Steve

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Need to see previews before I say yes or no to this.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shane Black Says His Predator Film Is a Sequel, Not a Reboot

http://collider.com/predator-reboot-sequel-shane-black/#3XwbA4CE5m8I2eyr.99

While the initial report said that Black’s new Predator film would be a reboot, Black tells us that he and Dekker see the project as definitely not a reboot, “As far as Fred and I are concerned anyway,” Black said, adding “Why start over, when you’ve all this rich mythology yet to mine?” Black said he doesn’t like reboots generally, but can “really get behind inventive sequels”, noting that he likes “the idea of expanding and exploring the existing Predator mythology, rather than hitting the restart button.” He went on to say that Dekker, who’s writing the screenplay, is “perfect” for the project, adding the two had a blast writing the screenplay for The Monster Squad together. Indeed, the result of their previous collaboration makes the prospect of the new Predator film even more enticing.

:thumbup:

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"I ain't got time for no sequel"

Sincerely,

Jesse Ventura

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hated P2 and the crossovers were MEH. The 3rd one I actually liked. I am all for them continuing the franchise but not for the sake of making bank. Get a quality script and story together......PLEASE.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Film has a name (The Predator) and a teaser poster.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Predators was actually really good in my opinion it was interesting to see them on there planet and Adrian Brody was a great action hero didn't see that coming.

This looks like it's going to disappoint me

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Predators was actually really good in my opinion it was interesting to see them on there planet and Adrian Brody was a great action hero didn't see that coming.

This is amazing. You like Predators but think the Shane Black-directed The Predator is going to be bad? Wow! :)

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is amazing. You like Predators but think the Shane Black-directed The Predator is going to be bad? Wow! :)

I don't really know how I feel about Predator bring based in the suburbs. Gives me a Jason/Freddy vibe. Don't get me wrong I hope and pray this is going to be awesome

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I agree on Predators, loved it and was surprised to see Brody be so effective as an action star. I'm looking forward to the new Predator but using the same title and then saying it's a sequel seems strange. And I do worry they might get sidetracked in an urban setting, as they have in some of the other Predator and Predator Alien crossovers.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree on Predators, loved it and was surprised to see Brody be so effective as an action star. I'm looking forward to the new Predator but using the same title and then saying it's a sequel seems strange. And I do worry they might get sidetracked in an urban setting, as they have in some of the other Predator and Predator Alien crossovers.

Whoa.

Predator (1987) and The Predator (2018).

Not the same title. ;) :)

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Timeline:

The Predator (also known as Predator 4) is an upcoming American science fiction action horror film directed by Shane Black and written by Black and Fred Dekker. It is the fourth installment in the Predator film series (the sixth counting the two Alien vs. Predator films), set to take place between Predator 2 (1990) and Predators (2010).

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
funny I just watched the original Predator with my kids this weekend. Thought for sure it wouldn't hold up but I still found it enjoyable.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have no idea who Shane Black is & why he would make this better.

A lot of the high profile action movies from roughly 25 years ago were written by him. He was in high demand in the early 90's and then disappeared for awhile for personal reasons. He also plays Hawkins in the original Predator and supposedly made up the jokes he told on film.

Hey Billy, Billy! The other day, I went up to my girlfriend and said, "Ya know, I'd like a little *****". She said, "Me too, mine's as big as a house!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave