The Positive Kyler Murray News Thread

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Coaching staff and QB are in place. I like Kyler as a Cardinal fan because we never won the big dance and with the right guys around him, he can do that... though I doubt with any consistency because scrambling QBs do not establish dynasties (even if that can exist anymore, paging Purdy if you are a Brady as a pocket passer lol). Pass Rusher and #1 WR anyway you can get them. Do it for me and other longtime Cardinal fans and Duckjake in Heaven
Kyler really isn't scrambling much any more. Only when he really has to. At least that's how it looks to me. Like the TD to Conner yesterday, I think he would've tucked and run in his earlier days.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The pocket presence has improved immensely, remember the constant premature roll outs backwards and then to the sideline to run OB for a loss? When is the last time we saw that? He manipulates the pocket and steps up into it much better than any previous season.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
This. The money is just too huge. IMO.... we will be tied to Kyler until 2026 at the least so we should all be rooting for his success and development.

And yesterday..... He was GREAT. Top 5 great.

I understand the thread title but whoa, hold your horses a bit there cowboy.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

:shrug:

GeorgiaCard88

Veteran
Reaction score
Im still skeptical but I gotta give the man kudos

he stepped into a hostile environment, beat a very good team, was absolutely clutch when it counted, and did it with some very subpar receiving options.

This is the kind of stuff that gives me hope for the future of Kyler. I think he’s shown enough that at least for next year, we need to try to build around him (please give this man a receiving option)

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

he stepped into a hostile environment, beat a very good team, was absolutely clutch when it counted, and did it with some very subpar receiving options.

This is the kind of stuff that gives me hope for the future of Kyler. I think he’s shown enough that at least for next year, we need to try to build around him (please give this man a receiving option)
Wilson, Moore and Dortch. Yes we need TWO wr’s.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
the Philly d sure has its issues

but its good to see Kyler do it in this offense at least once before the offseason

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Defense-adjusted Yards Above Replacement. Basically a combined passing and rushing number based on situation adjusted for quality of opponent.
OMG! It's one of those analytical stats like in baseball that no one knows what it means! LOL!

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
McBride is a top-2 pass catcher on the team next year. Dortch is an excellent slot guy and Wilson looks like a solid possession/red zone WR. Moore can be your 5th WR/gadget guy.
I hear ya, but we need a true #1 Wr. I want to believe Wilson can be the guy but I would draft a Wr and add a free agent. Suddenly the Wr room would be deep and a strength making it very difficult to neutralize McBride and stymie our run game.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I hear ya, but we need a true #1 Wr. I want to believe Wilson can be the guy but I would draft a Wr and add a free agent. Suddenly the Wr room would be deep and a strength making it very difficult to neutralize McBride and stymie our run game.

I realize that meaning we just need one more game changer. It doesn’t necessarily need to be in the top-10.

Non-top 10 stud rookies:
Zay Flowers
Jordan Addison
Puka Nacua
Tank Dell
Rashes Rice
Josh Downs
Jayden Reed

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I realize that meaning we just need one more game changer. It doesn’t necessarily need to be in the top-10.

Non-top 10 stud rookies:
Zay Flowers
Jordan Addison
Puka Nacua
Tank Dell
Rashes Rice
Josh Downs
Jayden Reed
Understood. However, you’re hoping to find a diamond.
Guarantee me Nacua in the fifth round and I’m all in.

Outerlimits

Veteran
Reaction score

I agree with most of this except the Eagles are a very good team part. They are currently imploding and the defense is a complete dumpster fire with Patricia as DC now.

The OC isn't much better. The play calling by Eagles after the Gannon onside was laughably bad, and the Eagles fans in attendance were justified in voicing their loud disdain.

The Cardinals did play great though, and the coaching was much better than the Eagles.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That game pretty much clinched Kyler's return. I'm ok giving him another year. Hope we can build a real team around him!
I agree with it. The win took them out of the Caleb/Maye sweepstakes anyway. With his huge cap number, he might as well be kept.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard