The Positive Kyler Murray News Thread

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kyler didnt want to go on PUP.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

However, the hope is he returns.....by late October :(
Weeks 8-10 is around when I thought he’d be back. About half the season.

If reports are true, at least it’s good to know he didn’t want to go on PUP because he wanted to push forward to play earlier.

Wait… did Wolf just say there were some complications with his surgery around the 2:50 mark? Was that reported on before?

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Late October?

1) That is right before the trade deadline.
2) Why so long on recovery?

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Palmer was 9 months too, right? Got hurt in mid-November 2014, but was ready to go opening day of training camp late July 2015
The meniscus being torn as well probably is part of what delayed the full ACL recovery.

Hopeful that the extra time is just precautionary. Kyler has really tight hamstrings so no telling how coming back too soon might impact other stuff.

Still a bit of a bummer as I was hoping for like week 6.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wait… did Wolf just say there were some complications with his surgery around the 2:50 mark? Was that reported on before?
What? I never heard that either. I want a source.

Did Wolf just spill the beans?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Palmer was like the 1st play against Pittsburgh in a playoff game, so January.
That was his first ACL year when he was still on the Steelers. He also tore his ACL in 2014 with us during Arians second season when I think we were something like 8-1 at the time.

Yup… tore it against the Rams on Nov 9th, 2014. Was ready for training camp opening day.

Kyler tore his December 12th. That’s about a month before Carson’s first ACL and about a month after his 2nd. Got back by beginning of training camp both times and didn’t miss a game the next season.

Yeah… Kyler being out until at least mid-season isn’t all that normal compared to other QBs who suffered the same injury… either around the same time or even later.

Last edited:

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
That was his first ACL year when he was still on the Steelers. He also tore his ACL in 2014 with us during Arians second season when I think we were something like 8-1 at the time.

Yup… tore it against the Rams on Nov 9th, 2014. Was ready for training camp opening day.

Kyler tore his December 12th. That’s about a month before Carson’s first ACL and about a month after his 2nd. Got back by beginning of training camp both times and didn’t miss a game the next season.

Yeah… Kyler being out until at least mid-season isn’t all that normal compared to other QBs who suffered the same injury… either around the same time or even later.
Ohhhhhh....crap. I forget that was so dang long ago. Seems like yesterday in my brain.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

I think the difference is that Kyler is a QB who relies on athleticism.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Adrian Peterson did too. Pretty sure he ran for 2K and won MVP the year he came back as well.
He’s the super exception to the rule, though. Most guys look rusty in their first year back or maybe not all the way back. Peterson was somehow better than ever.

I don’t expect Kyler to recover like that, but we’ve seen plenty of QBs, from the Burrows to the Palmers to the Watsons (who did use his legs/athleticism) come back in much shorter time. And come back and played incredibly well.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Remember the surgery happened after the SB. I am sure that is what Wolf meant by complications. Complications getting it scheduled.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Remember the surgery happened after the SB. I am sure that is what Wolf meant by complications. Complications getting it scheduled.
Ah. I don’t think I ever saw that. Yeesh… they didn’t do the surgery for two months after the injury? Was there reason given for why it took so long to get scheduled?

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ah. I don’t think I ever saw that. Yeesh… they didn’t do the surgery for two months after the injury? Was there reason given for why it took so long to get scheduled?

Nope I am wrong it was after the season

Jan. 3

Quarterback takes to Instagram to display his post-op lookKyler Murray had the surgery to repair the torn ACL in his right knee back on Jan. 3.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Also DeShaun Watson tore his ACL in November 2017 and was back on the practice field beginning of training camp in 2018 and played all 16 games, made the Pro-Bowl and had 550 yards rushing.
His 2nd torn ACL as well. Impressive what Watson did.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Right, but do we know what caused the delay? Some athletes want second opinions for example.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I agree. If MHJ wasn't in this draft, I held the #1 pick, and I was going to stick with Kyler, I would 100% move the pick. MHJ just muddies those waters IMO. He might be the best WR prospect ever. Moss had off-field concerns. Julio wasn't polished. Larry wasn't fast. Calvin played in a terrible offense.
if we get 1 and 9 and dont need a QB Harrison is the pick at 1 without hesitation.

if we get 1 and 2...and do want a QB...Harrison is still the pick at 1 IMO...because I think a wr is cheaper at 1 than a QB?
do slotted salaries consider position at all?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson