The Positive Kyler Murray News Thread

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Working for a boss who hasn’t earned your respect stinks.
and fwiw: Bickley on the radio yesterday said, without naming names, that all the negative stuff coming out on Kyler the last 18 months or so was coming from someone inside the organization - Kliff and/or Keim seem like prime suspects in this

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
and fwiw: Bickley on the radio yesterday said, without naming names, that all the negative stuff coming out on Kyler the last 18 months or so was coming from someone inside the organization - Kliff and/or Keim seem like prime suspects in this
Well, he didn't do much to help his image either. He brought on a lot of the negativity himself.

He has clearly made a lot of changes to try to right that ship. Probably has someone coaching him.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
We may not be a very good team, but at least our starting QB is rocket science smart LOL. Considering what a low football IQ team we have been the last 4 years, this is one area I’m hoping to see a huge improvement in. Exactly what you do in year 1 of a rebuild.
I hate this narrative so much. Plenty of really smart guys have played QB in the NFL and still made mistakes.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I hate this narrative so much. Plenty of really smart guys have played QB in the NFL and still made mistakes.
This IS important in this case, because he is be given next to no time to learn the offense and his new team. Don't disagree with your opinion in most cases. But not in this case.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
The organization just last year was leaking that Colt was better QB than Kyler.

I need to see it to believe and for sure Kyler deserves some of the slander he’s been receiving but the situation around him was absolutely abysmal. I can’t think of a single young QB that would’ve overcome it.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
We may not be a very good team, but at least our starting QB is rocket science smart LOL. Considering what a low football IQ team we have been the last 4 years, this is one area I’m hoping to see a huge improvement in. Exactly what you do in year 1 of a rebuild.
When did Dobbs get named starter? Did I miss something?

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s because Murray was NEVER the a-hole that everyone wanted to make him out to be. If I had to play for KK, I would have beaten him to a pulp long before K1 finally snapped.

He had a terrible PR team then because there were ample opportunities for him to be this guy before.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I am really getting on board with getting the number 1, keeping Kyler, and trade that #1 for a Herschel Walker like deal
It all depends on where the 2nd pick is. Would you do it if it cost you MHJ? Essentially, if the Cardinals had the 1 and 9 pick, and they had to trade down to 5 to trade #1.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It all depends on where the 2nd pick is. Would you do it if it cost you MHJ? Essentially, if the Cardinals had the 1 and 9 pick, and they had to trade down to 5 to trade #1.

Man I read the latest mock and it is a QB crazy draft next year. I think minimum the first two picks are QBs

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Man I read the latest mock and it is a QB crazy draft next year. I think minimum the first two picks are QBs
I agree. If MHJ wasn't in this draft, I held the #1 pick, and I was going to stick with Kyler, I would 100% move the pick. MHJ just muddies those waters IMO. He might be the best WR prospect ever. Moss had off-field concerns. Julio wasn't polished. Larry wasn't fast. Calvin played in a terrible offense.

Last edited:

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Michael Pennix Jr. might go top ten as well. Ewers and Nix might ascend as well. Really good QB draft.

I probably like Maye more than Caleb Williams, but it's close.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score

not sure if this has been posted yet, but you might be surprised where Murray is ranked

Cardsmasochist

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The “End of the Colt McCoy Era” thread, which was created only 8 days ago has 15 pages of comments. The same number of pages as this thread that was started over 5 months ago.

Just sayin’

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
This is all “coach speak.” If Kyler Murray comes back this season and doesn’t play very well, he‘s gone. If he doesn’t play at all this season, he’s gone. Everyone should take what the staff says about Murray right now with a grain of salt

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison