The Positive Kyler Murray News Thread

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hell, if we had Zach freaking Wilson, we would have won.

This did make me chuckle, but as low as I am on Dobbs... he might be better than Wilson... I certainly struggle to find how he is worse. Zach "Zippy" Wilson is insanely bad, they won because of Hall, their defense and Garrett Wilson making a TD out of a terrible throw.

Poor Garrett Wilson, dude is really talented and is getting the Fitz treatment when it comes to QB play.

Jets gotta do something, that team is loaded, a decent game manager could get them a super bowl but I doubt Zippy can get them to the playoffs.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The meniscus being torn as well probably is part of what delayed the full ACL recovery.

Hopeful that the extra time is just precautionary. Kyler has really tight hamstrings so no telling how coming back too soon might impact other stuff.

Still a bit of a bummer as I was hoping for like week 6.
We have to remember that Carson was not a running QB.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Also DeShaun Watson tore his ACL in November 2017 and was back on the practice field beginning of training camp in 2018 and played all 16 games, made the Pro-Bowl and had 550 yards rushing.
That was a freakishly fast timeline though.

The fastest I can remember was Willis McGahee with his total knee destruction back the next season.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This did make me chuckle, but as low as I am on Dobbs... he might be better than Wilson... I certainly struggle to find how he is worse. Zach "Zippy" Wilson is insanely bad, they won because of Hall, their defense and Garrett Wilson making a TD out of a terrible throw.

Poor Garrett Wilson, dude is really talented and is getting the Fitz treatment when it comes to QB play.

Jets gotta do something, that team is loaded, a decent game manager could get them a super bowl but I doubt Zippy can get them to the playoffs.
As bad as Wilson played, at least he was able to move the ball at times. Did we ever get more than 2 first downs in a single drive?

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Remember the surgery happened after the SB. I am sure that is what Wolf meant by complications. Complications getting it scheduled.
Jan 3rd
Probably switched 'after new year' with 'after sb'.

You must be registered for see images attach

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ah. I don’t think I ever saw that. Yeesh… they didn’t do the surgery for two months after the injury? Was there reason given for why it took so long to get scheduled?
I don't know how much alike the NFL is to normal life.... but Ortho surgeons are typically booked weeks even months out. I believe he wanted a certain surgeon. Then the timing is the Drs. When I had my surgeries I had to lay around for weeks waiting. And I took the soonest appointment.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know how much alike the NFL is to normal life.... but Ortho surgeons are typically booked weeks even months out. I believe he wanted a certain surgeon. Then the timing is the Drs. When I had my surgeries I had to lay around for weeks waiting. And I took the soonest appointment.
Yeah… I don’t think Superstar NFL players live in the same world as normal people re: this kind of stuff. Let me tell you… as the son of a surgeon who benefited MULTIPLE times skipping the line with in demand surgeons for back surgeries, money and membership have their privileges just like any other sector of society. So just from my own bird’s eye view of that profession, I’m not buying that he couldn’t find a surgery date for a month with his doctor of choice.

We just haven’t heard or seen many situations like this in ACL injuries, whether that be waiting multiple months for surgery or the inability to come back by beginning of the next season.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Yeah… I’ve got to think Superstar NFL players move to the front of the line. We just haven’t heard or seen many situations like this in ACL injuries, whether that be waiting multiple months for surgery or the inability to come back by beginning of the next season.
December 12th to January 3rd is about 3 weeks...not multiple months...lol

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah… I’ve got to think Superstar NFL players move to the front of the line. We just haven’t heard or seen many situations like this in ACL injuries, whether that be waiting multiple months for surgery or the inability to come back by beginning of the next season.
I know if it were me, I would be hand selecting the person who did my surgery. I'd rather wait even a month or two vs jeopardizing my career with a surgeon I didn't trust.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Also the tear or degree of tear itself plays into recovery.

I had two surgeries for a hernia. The right side one 30 minutes on the table. The left side 1 1/2 hours table time. The right one a graduated recovery. The left one couldn’t do anything for two months.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know if it were me, I would be hand selecting the person who did my surgery. I'd rather wait even a month or two vs jeopardizing my career with a surgeon I didn't trust.
Again… if it were you, you’d have to wait. But the idea that a Superstar would have to wait a month because a private surgeon was booked isn’t realistic.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah… I’ve got to think Superstar NFL players move to the front of the line. Let me tell you… as the son of a surgeon who benefited MULTIPLE times skipping the line with in demand surgeons for back surgeries, money and membership have their privileges just like any other sector of society. So speaking from personal experience, I’m not buying that he couldn’t find a surgery date for a month with his doctor of choice.

We just haven’t heard or seen many situations like this in ACL injuries, whether that be waiting multiple months for surgery or the inability to come back by beginning of the next season.
He did specifically want Dr __________. Not the team surgeon. You also have to wait for edema to recede. So, if his knee was swollen you can't be doing it in the next day or 2.

Regardless, that couple of weeks isn't very significant now as to whether he is on PUP or not. IMO

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He did specifically want Dr __________. Not the team surgeon.
E tu, AJ? I didn’t say he went to the team surgeon.
You also have to wait for edema to recede. So, if his knee was swollen you can't be doing it in the next day or 2.
Sigh… Never did I say he should have gotten it the next day.
Regardless, that couple of weeks isn't very significant now as to whether he is on PUP or not. IMO
This I agree with. Still want to know more about surgery “complications” Wolf mentioned.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Realistic? Your entire post is based on speculation.
No. It’s based on EXPERIENCE with some of my closest family members and friends being doctors and getting access quicker than the regular person who has no connections to help them.

Again, doctors can and will ALWAYS make room for friends/family/important people. To think otherwise is incredibly naive.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No. It’s based on EXPERIENCE with some of my closest family members and friends being doctors and getting access quicker than the regular person who has no connections to help them.

Again, doctors can and will ALWAYS make room for friends/family/important people. To think otherwise is incredibly naive.
Everyone has gotten some fringe benefit at some point in their life, celebrities obviously more than the rest of us.

To assume that celebrities ALWAYS get special treatment is just as naive.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Folks, he literally had surgery 22 days after injury...Not "several" weeks, or "months", or even a month. 22 days. Also, look at the freaking calendar. It was Xmas time and then New Years. Does an athlete, regardless of how good the doctor is, want to be operated on at Christmas or New Year? It also probably took a week, maybe 2 for the swelling to go down and he may have been able to walk on the knee (with or without aid) until surgery.