The Positive Kyler Murray News Thread

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I think that’s just the devolution of language. I suppose at some point in time all language starts to degrade and that’s how we got derivatives of similar language roots.
based on my experience... if your horse is champing or chomping at the bit...you probably need to loosen it up just a little because its stretching their cheeks

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't get too excited, but it is progress.

That looks like a 215lbs for a half squat.

45lbs bar
2 45lbs plates
2 25lbs plates
2 15lbs plates <- not 100% sure here

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Don't get too excited, but it is progress.

That looks like a 215lbs for a half squat.

45lbs bar
2 45lbs plates
2 25lbs plates
2 15lbs plates <- not 100% sure here

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Don't get too excited? We're basically 3 months post surgery, and he's lifting. Obviously he's been working hard and making some serious progress.

All this "he's going to miss the season" talk is looking even more ridiculous now, so glad we're punting on entire year.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Don't get too excited? We're basically 3 months post surgery, and he's lifting. Obviously he's been working hard and making some serious progress.

All this "he's going to miss the season" talk is looking even more ridiculous now, so glad we're punting on entire year.
I’m not a doctor—is it possible that these activities don’t actually put a lot of stress on the repaired ligaments?

Isn’t the ACL more associated with lateral movement?

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

"You wiggled your pinkie finger!"--Andre the Giant, The Princess Bride

:D

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
I’m not a doctor—is it possible that these activities don’t actually put a lot of stress on the repaired ligaments?

Isn’t the ACL more associated with lateral movement?
Precisely. You can blow out your ACL and still run straight, but as soon as you try to make a cut, you'll fall immediately.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

He's not going to or below parallel. He's putting very little stress on the ACL with that range of motion. That type of squat is intended to start increasing the range of motion in his knee while working his quads. Once he gets to or below parallel, then he is over the hump. That's when I'll get excited.

But either way, it's progree nonetheless.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
He's not going to or below parallel. He's putting very little stress on the ACL with that range of motion. That type of squat is intended to start increasing the range of motion in his knee while working his quads. Once he gets to or below parallel, then he is over the hump. That's when I'll get excited.

But either way, it's progree nonetheless.
He doesn't look like a guy that will be missing most/all of the season, which so many here have taken as a given.

Cardinal88

Veteran
Reaction score
I don't care how you slice it... seeing him squat 225 plus his own weight is a good sign. An elite athlete at 13 weeks post surgery appears to be right on course if not a little ahead of his goal. I'd like to hear from medical provider with rehab experience to truly know where he's at though.

I'm not an expert but I did go through a partial knee replacement and it is tough to get those quads to bounce. I was able to hike at 6 months with no residual and there were dark momments. Hiking is not cutting back and forth but I'm happy to see his progress at this point and gives me hope he will be ready.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
anybody notice he wrote Green Light? Response directly aimed at Keim.

The thing is, everybody already knew he was a gym rat. The questions are about his study habits.

Green Light has been there a long time. What would it have to do with Keim?

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
anybody notice he wrote Green Light? Response directly aimed at Keim.

The thing is, everybody already knew he was a gym rat. The questions are about his study habits.
I thought Keim spoke pretty highly of K1 on the podcast, he's about one of the only people to publicly say he thought he had the hunter and drive to be great

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose