The Please Come to Phoenix LaMarcus Aldridge Thread

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
News of the recruitment efforts is piling up on the internet.

I love the part here about how Kobe and LA didn't quite gel. Really?
http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursn...e-recruitment-of-lamarcus-aldridge-in-tweets/

They are posting updates there.

Looks like Houston made a very strong impression though.
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-b...s-aldridge-by-being-the-lakers-222248637.html

Hopefully, we'll have a decision by tomorrow, after the meeting with the Knicks.

Come on LA, come to Phoenix man!!

OP
OP
Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This all sounds good on the LA front, especially including Earl Watson in the meetings who they say is close to LA http://arizonasports.com/41/1846793/...h-Phoenix-Suns

We appear to be in the mix folks.

But for LA, I am wondering if it will come down to which team can get him a title? San Antonio has a window, but not sure how long that will be open. Their system is awesome though and could just continue to regenerate contenders.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Once they said they were taking Kobe into the room, I knew LA was done. Funny thing is that LA brass think Kobe is a DRAW. Wow.

That, "hey come be my sidekick" sales pitch doesn't ring, LaMarcus?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Lakers should have figured out already that Kobe is not a plus factor in free agency.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
John Gambardoro ‏@Gambo987
Aldridge finishes up his 7 meetings tomorrow, he is expected to narrow his choices down to 3 teams then do a another round of meetings.

John Gambadoro ‏@Gambo987
Suns expect to know by tomorrow night if they have made the final cut down to
three.

OP
OP
Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Top 10 Reasons why LA Should Take his Talents to Phoenix

10. Hey, its a dry heat...

Last edited:

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
We are leverage. Always have been.... Always will be.

KloD

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Now this is freakin' funny stuff!!!

You must be registered for see images attach

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Suns should get Charles Barkley to talk to LMA and tell him about how he really feels about the women of San Antonio

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited by a moderator:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The Suns have not always played the role of leverage, e.g, Tom Chambers, Danning Manning and A.C. Green.

OP
OP
Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Suns have not always played the role of leverage, e.g, Tom Chambers, Danny Manning and A.C. Green.

Yep, and Barkley's points are well taken, Phoenix may have churros, but no worries on the bloomers, secret or creek.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score

Disagree. There's legit interest from the Aldridge camp. Hard to play the leverage card when his value is a max value contract. My guess is the agent(s) laid out the structure of a proposed contract and said if you agree to these terms, you can come talk to us.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In regard to the Suns being able to sign Aldridge I found this piece of information from a Paul Coro article dated 7-1-15 that may help understand where the Suns are in regard to cap space.

Sources confirmed agreements for Knight and Chandler with ESPN.com reporting that Chandler's deal will be worth $52 million over four years. The Suns entered free agency with $12 million of cap space but could create more space. They have $16.2 million in cap holds for Brandan Wright and Gerald Green and a $5.5 million trade exception from the Goran Dragic deal.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/spor...-suns-lamarcus-aldridge-free-agency/29587497/

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Leverage for what? And when were the Suns leverage? For who?
Use our contract to secure more money elsewhere.

And to answer the second part. It happens. And even though I don't have a name for you right now.... We have had it happen before.

Aldridge coming here doesn't get him any closer to a title. I have to imagine that is what he wants.

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score

And to answer the second part. It happens. And even though I don't have a name for you right now.... We have had it happen before.

Aldridge coming here doesn't get him any closer to a title. I have to imagine that is what he wants.

But he already has teams lining up giving him max contracts. This isn't an unknown player- everyone agrees he is a max player and everyone is willing to pay him that.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
But he already has teams lining up giving him max contracts. This isn't an unknown player- everyone agrees he is a max player and everyone is willing to pay him that.
Agreed. Other than our weather..... We don't offer much. Texas has better taxes and better teams. Why would you choose Phoenix?

KloD

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

He's going to get max no matter where he goes. There is nothing to leverage.

Well, I can't recall an instance where the Suns were used for leverage. Of course it happens, but you claimed that's all the Suns are. I say that isn't true at all and I can't recall them having been used for that. Sure it's happened, but I'd think when someone calls the team a tool for others to use as leverage, that they could name at least one instance.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
not falling for this again after AP.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And there are currently 4,042 posts on the thread, "Adrian Peterson wants to be a Cardinal?"... a trade that may never happen.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Agreed. Other than our weather..... We don't offer much. Texas has better taxes and better teams. Why would you choose Phoenix?

Well, there is no doubt San Antonio is in a better position. Clearly a better organization, no income tax on the state level, better players. Downside is that they are OLD. Manu is done, Duncan is half a player he used to be, Parker is slowing down. At the same time, they do have some good youngsters (Green, Lenard) so I think it could come down to the question of where he would be better off two years from now.

Sometimes, it's more simple- he may just like some players better. He might like Watson and Tucker, for all we know, or he might enjoy playing next to a defensive stopper in the paint as opposed to an old guy.

If I had to guess, I'd say he goes to San Antonio, but you never know.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard