The Please Come to Phoenix LaMarcus Aldridge Thread

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
LOL

this guy. Hes close to 25 and 12. Hes 2nd Team All NBA PF last year. Nuff said.

Yea I don't know in what world LMA isn't a superstar but he definitely is.

And even if someone thinks he's overrated, who cares. The point in LMA sign in here is that it makes us an attractive FA destination going forward because other players will want to come play with him.

Plus he makes the Suns relevant again.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Never thought I'd say this, but thank God we're not the Knicks and Lakers right now. Well, that's been true for the Knicks for a decade, but man is the bloom off the rose in Lala land.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A tie with whom? Chandler is much better than Lopez. Aldridge isn't going to New York.

I'm just saying Robin Lopez gives the Knicks a player whom Aldridge reportedly likes.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Never thought I'd say this, but thank God we're not the Knicks and Lakers right now. Well, that's been true for the Knicks for a decade, but man is the bloom off the rose in Lala land.

That's definitely icing on the cake.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
23 and 10 and his offensive efficiency is ok. Like I said he is very good, he is a star but not a super star.

agree with this. He's an All-Star and one I'd LOVE to get, but I don't think he's a superstar, which IMO, is a true #1... a guy that can put a team completely on his back and carry them... like Dirk (in his prime), Wade (in his prime), Durant, Westbrook... and even Harden... those type of guys. BUT, if he's an All-Star, surrounded by very good players (which he'd be if we have him, Knight, Bledsoe and Chandler), that could make us a dark-horse contender. Likely a 4 seed in the brutal west, but after years of being NOTHING, I'll take that and see how they can build from there.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The silence is killing me. Can he just decide already? I am sure many on the board need to know whether to vent or curl up in a little ball in the corner and cry. A man has to plan his day.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
NY has the same problem LA does, only in NY its spelled "Melo" not "Kobe."

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd like to see Amare return to the Suns if the Aldridge thing does not happen.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd like to see Amare return to the Suns if the Aldridge thing does not happen.

I didn't watch much of Amare this past season. I don't know what he has in the tank but if he comes here how much playing time does he get?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't watch much of Amare this past season. I don't know what he has in the tank but if he comes here how much playing time does he get?

All I know is Amare looked good when I seen him play against the Suns. He is probably good for 15-20 minutes a game. He would be a nice bench option.

KloD

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Some people keep saying stuff like "some people", being judgmental of everyone's posts and then being hypocritical about perception.

WTF are you crying about now? Did I hurt your feelings? Where was I hypocritical? I got news for you, everyone judges everyones posts. How's this, you and some people have no problem being critical and saying some pretty harsh crap about members of the Suns front office/coaching, but get your panties in a twist when called or challenged on the stuff you say. Get over it. I believe your posts to be inconsistent and often your logic faulty. I think your unfairly critical and harsh towards the Suns front office as are a few others and since in order to participate on a board I've been a member of since pretty much it's beginning, I have to sort through the endless negativity and inflated opinions of just how stupid others are for not sharing your versions of how team should be managed/coached/built, you shouldn't take issue when others call you on it. Maybe tone down your hate and insults (remember, if I agree with McD on a decision and you call him stupid, you are in essence calling me stupid) and others won't grow tired of it and throw some of it back.

I'm done.

chickenhead

Reaction score
I was listening to a Zach Lowe podcast recently where they were discussing LMA's positive reaction to being Duncan's heir. Can't remember if they mentioned the source. In any case, after hearing that I wouldn't leap to the conclusion that Duncan is a strike against Aldridge going there.

But then, maybe there's an appeal in the idea of bringing a championship to a team that doesn't have one? It's all speculation: I imagine personnel and money are the factors.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
WTF are you crying about now? Did I hurt your feelings? Where was I hypocritical? I got news for you, everyone judges everyones posts. How's this, you and some people have no problem being critical and saying some pretty harsh crap about members of the Suns front office/coaching, but get your panties in a twist when called or challenged on the stuff you say. Get over it. I believe your posts to be inconsistent and often your logic faulty. I think your unfairly critical and harsh towards the Suns front office as are a few others and since in order to participate on a board I've been a member of since pretty much it's beginning, I have to sort through the endless negativity and inflated opinions of just how stupid others are for not sharing your versions of how team should be managed/coached/built, you shouldn't take issue when others call you on it. Maybe tone down your hate and insults (remember, if I agree with McD on a decision and you call him stupid, you are in essence calling me stupid) and others won't grow tired of it and throw some of it back.

I'm done.

Now your putting words in my mouth. Where did I call MCD stupid? Now if I critique the Suns FO I am calling you stupid?

Holy Cow KLOD. What is next? If I post certain emoticons you going to make that about you as well?

LOL. OK KLOD. Moving on.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Huh?

Spurs have Duncan and we have Chandler. Lopez is helping the Knicks.

Additionally, LMA played with Lopez for a couple of years and decided to leave Portland.

Yeah he's saying Lopez is helping the Knicks out in the LA sweepstakes.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Adrian WojnarowskiVerified account
‏@WojYahooNBA
Phoenix has traded Marcus Morris, Reggie Bullock and Danny Granger to Detroit for future picks, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

Setting the table for LMA?

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Adrian WojnarowskiVerified account
‏@WojYahooNBA
Phoenix has traded Marcus Morris, Reggie Bullock and Danny Granger to Detroit for future picks, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

Setting the table for LMA?

Looks like it. The Spurs better not SCREW us again!!!

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Looks like it. The Spurs better not SCREW us again!!!

I don't see the Suns dumping assets like this if they aren't assured of the other shoe dropping. Something is a done deal, it just remains be be seen if it is LMA.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am amazed we were able to send these away without giving up picks. So much for Marcus having negative value. Granger might not be able to play and he was owed 2 mil plus. Wow.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't see the Suns dumping assets like this if they aren't assured of the other shoe dropping. Something is a done deal, it just remains be be seen if it is LMA.

Phoenix Fans are so getting blue-balled again. Peyton, AP... now it's the Suns turn and I'm going to kill Birdman if this happens (even though he never posts here).

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 25s25 seconds ago
The Lakers have expressed a desire to get a second meeting with Aldridge, but unclear if that'll happen, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alaskabustergreen